Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

I recently rewatched the movie and got into an argument about this: are the Wallace replicants build to be more obidient than the ones from the Nexus series? The movie just says that "they obey" and my impression is that they are just kept in line better through constant psychological monitoring and conditioning, but other than that, they are just as dangerous. That would fit in perfectly with the whole movie theme of walls and prisons that exist only in our minds.

That doesn't explain the couple times (one in the film, one in a promotional short) where we see Wallace kill replicants who don't struggle or fight back in any way. Conditioning or monitoring only goes so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread