Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

NickRoweFillea posted:

I need to get this game. Which version is the best? I've heard 3DS is good.
I played it originally on the PS4 and then just recently picked it up on 3DS and am enjoying it even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

no joke, every version is good

playstation version has an extra boss fight, xbox one verison has an extra level, wii u has amiibo coop and a customization mode, 3ds has 3d and the amiibo customization, and pc is.... good... its pc

the xtra boss fight on xbox is kratos so its stupid /me flips off every ps4 1st party title except uh, tokyo jungle and gravity rush

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

the xtra boss fight on xbox is kratos so its stupid /me flips off every ps4 1st party title except uh, tokyo jungle and gravity rush

i have it on steam and wii u

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

thkan u

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

The smart gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about the mega man X1 boss fights while getting drunk at a "cool" party

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Thinking about the mega man X1 boss fights while getting drunk at a "cool" party
lmfao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Crashing Christmas parties FTW

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

im thinking of clown man

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

im thinking of clown man

think about turning your monitor on

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

think about turning your monitor on

if i do then i wont have to think about clown man

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Yakuza 5, Binary Domain, and Bayonetta. A good year for gaming.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Another World was a really thrilling couple of hours, and Shadowrun Dragonfall was probably the best written game I played this year

Soral
May 30, 2009

metal gear rising and dragons dogma

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a toss up between FF13 and Nuclear Throne for this gamer

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Bloodborne. I don't think I'll play a better game this generation.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

aolso want to shout out to shantae and the pirates curse, sonic generations and dishonored, played nd enjoyed all of them this year because of imp zone and theyre all fuckin stellar

yo the new shantae sent out codes a few days ago and its really good

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I thought your name was Khantent for a second. That would be cool, especially in a post about new shantae khantent

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Doom 2016 put me in a shoot mans mood and the turok 1 rerelease was a hella good way to scratch that itch. Always wondered about that series as a kid

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shoot Mans

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

Another World was a really thrilling couple of hours, and Shadowrun Dragonfall was probably the best written game I played this year

Shadowrun is an extremely good game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

frank.club posted:

Shadowrun is an extremely good game

I'm sad that they're done with the series. I don't think Battletech will be as good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

I'm sad that they're done with the series. I don't think Battletech will be as good.

i think itll be real good

its going to focus way more on the tactical combat side than the story stuff that made dragonfall so great, but its also going to be the closest thing i'll see to a new front mission so im excited

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 21, 2016

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Path of Exile ended being my game to obsess over for the last few months

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plebian Parasite posted:

I hope it will be and that my bad laptop will be able to play it. Dragon fall and HK both have pretty big mod scenes and dev supported level design tools but there's no way they match the quality of the base game.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Chrono Trigger

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FoolyCharged posted:

Doom 2016 put me in a shoot mans mood and the turok 1 rerelease was a hella good way to scratch that itch. Always wondered about that series as a kid

Someone didn't read the OP. Mods?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Someone didn't read the OP. Mods?

Turok spawned a video game franchise that includes six sequels. A remastered version was released in digital stores on December 17, 2015.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Turok spawned a video game franchise that includes six sequels. A remastered version was released in digital stores on December 17, 2015.

Talking about Doom 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

Talking about Doom 2016

you misread the post

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

drat fine choice.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also played that this year and yeah it was win.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Divinity: Original Sin. I got it last year and liked it well enough but never got hooked on it--I'd play, have fun with it, then set it down for months, usually long enough that I'd just start a new game when I came back. But this last weekend I used a vacation day to make it a 3-day weekend, loaded up my most recent save (from exactly three months before to the day) and I finally got hooked and I barely played anything else the whole time. I have no idea why I found it so hard to get into last year, I'm having a blast.

Oh hell yeah. I just started up a new game with a buddy and we're both rediscovering how great that game is.

Witcher 3 may be cheating by on a technicality, but starting that game after all the dlc and substantial patches to improve movement, it became one of my favorite games ever. I still have hours left in B&W that I'm kinda sitting on because this way I'll always have more Witcher to play, if I want.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

you misread the post

Owned by my own misunderstanding

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Persona 5, as it comes out in 2017

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

you misread the post

anyone who was inspired to play turok by doom 2016 is worth not reading imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Persona 5, as it comes out in 2017

I'll say Ys VIII for this, I think people are gonna love that game whenever it gets translated

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

holy poo poo (the bad) larry got probated for a stupid reason

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gunstar Heroes thanks to the magic of the 3DS and Metroid: Zero Mission thanks to the magic of the ol’ Imp Zone itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

anyone who was inspired to play turok by doom 2016 is worth not reading imo

lol you mad

• Locked thread