Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think this is usually fun, looking back on your year of gaming and highlighting some games of the past that you enjoyed for the first time this year. It could be a game from 30 years ago or from december 2015. For me theres a few games worth highlighting, because before this year I had never really played any castlevania or mega man games, and I took the time to play a lot of them! (castlevania I played nearly every entry, mega man Im working on)

From those series the two highlights were Order of Ecclesia and Mega Man X, for pretty similar reasons actually. They took the basic ideas of their NES roots and translated that difficulty/design onto later hardware with incredible finesse. Ecclesia is a game I still pop in and play every few months, even if I dont finish a run, because its so fun to move around and play, and it has a wealth of NG+ options to tweak your playstyle. Mega Man X will probably be the same for me in the future, since its short enough I can slot it into the Metroid Zero Mission tier of "spend a sunday afternoon on a full run"

What games did you discover this year, or what games from 2015 did you pick up on a sale and really enjoy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i have it on steam and wii u

The smart gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about the mega man X1 boss fights while getting drunk at a "cool" party

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Persona 5, as it comes out in 2017

I'll say Ys VIII for this, I think people are gonna love that game whenever it gets translated

• Locked thread