Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/widespread/

I guess I can take a code off yer hands.

Also add PM's. Also also, Friday the 13th (the Game!): Add PM's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Can we talk about the game in public yet. I know streamers can but like, what about goons on a dead gay comedy forum.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Last 2 games I went 7/7 with Jason VII. :getin:

Yeah, Jason 7 is for the experts, I feel. That lack of a run DOES matter when chasing, so you gotta get creative/turtle-ish.

Also, a proposed new title because my last two counselor games went that way: Friday the 13th (the Game): Calling the Police Is Too OP

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jason VII is all about objective denial. Once late game hits and he can shift as much as he wants, he will catch you. The trick is to land a couple of melee hits on the shifts, rather than going for the grab straight off. So satisfying to hunt down an injured and out of stamina counselor with him.

I like the one where he runs the machete from their throat down the torso. Not the kill itself, but the little shove at the end.

Now, while the police are still OP (Seriously, why is it that all 7 can go to the police exit, shouldn't it be just 1 and after the cars are fixed), I did figure out that Jason has a map legend on his map so he can do the objectives relatively quickly. But the thing is, I dunno if there's any benefit to nabbing the power boxes. I know you could disable the phone and all but like... does removing all three power boxes do anything?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

It increases their fear levels more quickly I think. Visually they will need flashlights to see much inside the houses to loot things, so you have an easier time seeing where they are inside.

Plus it's all :spooky:

Ahh. Still a decent idea, would consider between phone line checks.

Also, about Rage mode. There's more to it than just "bust down doors in one touch", yeah? I assume it allows for car snatches?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They do need to pull a page from Dead by Daylight and do something about infinite window jumping. Maybe make it take stamina and if you try you'll trip and stun yourself for a certain length of time if you are low?

But they did. It's called "Jason breaks the windows so the counselors hurt and kill themselves with each jump through".

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

RBX posted:

No if they open the windows before hand he cant break them right?

He can break them regardless if they're open or not. S'fun to see it go from open to broken in one swing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Most of my games against a half decent Jason:

Minute 1-5) Spawn on map, begin looting various cabins.
Minute 5-10) Find radio, try to make my way to help others fix car, phone line, etc. Jason nearby, run back to cabins from minutes 1-5 in a panic.
Minute 10-13) You are now the last counselor, in your cabin you looted 10 minutes ago. You will never fix or even sneak to that phone line, because you are Vanessa.
Minute 13-End) Jason found your cabin.

Now by half-decent, you mean "plays to the counselor's weaknesses" right?

I remember a game where I went 5/7 as Jason 7. Two got away by car, and no one called the cops. That game had me go to the power boxes with periodical phone checks and murder if they were near me as I disabled power.

I did manage a water kill since one of the Vanessas (that's the runner one that has gently caress-all for stealth right?) decided to go into the water.

Basically the same issue Dead by Daylight has: game doesn't stay fun if the killer ain't decent.

widespread fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 27, 2016

• Locked thread