Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

One thing I really like is that they added in multiple objectives compared to Dead by Daylight. The killer always knows you're going for generators then one of two doors to escape. In this one Jason has to constantly bounce around because while one group might be getting parts for a car a few others might be getting the cops. It adds a lot more of a dynamic play for the counselors where in DbD all the dynamic choices are really with the killer in a match. As a survivor in DbD you never really feel proactive but more passive and reactive and it's nice to have a feeling of more agency compared to fix generator/run away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Team work also means a lot more. Calling out to someone Jason is chasing to follow you, rounding a cabin, going into a combat stance then smashing Jason with a bat when he blindly chases the person around the corner is Pretty Cool

EDIT: by the way how does Jason's sense work? Does it highlight people only making noise or highlights them no matter what? If it's just noise it'll make radios and firecrackers much more important to me

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 24, 2016

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ah ok that makes sense. I was wondering why Jason kept running right past me to chase after others. Like 90% of the people I see playing are the chick really good at running. Might explain why Jason can kill people so fast all the time since they light up like a Christmas tree the entire time

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

They do need to pull a page from Dead by Daylight and do something about infinite window jumping. Maybe make it take stamina and if you try you'll trip and stun yourself for a certain length of time if you are low?

• Locked thread