Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

Yes, but like all gaze attacks it allows a fairly easy dexterity saving throw to negate.

Baldur's Gate taught me that the best defense against a gaze is to distract the gazer with your hideous ghoul friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Troposphere posted:

more like this tho

them's some fine rear end prostitutes though

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

them's some fine rear end prostitutes though

Male pays.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
male gaze would be a cool name for a weed strain

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I put the "cock" in cockatrice.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

SirSamVimes posted:

Mei lusts only for murder.

Mei has like, negative amounts of bloodlust and that's the biggest reason the Overwatch cast really falls flat for me.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Troposphere posted:

I'm a female and I like to graze

I'm a cow

Once you're on your knees then you should be worshiped by Hindus as the divine bovine creature you are... chewing that girl-cud and munching that rear end like its grass, in direct defiance of the Western cultures' patriarchal hetero-male agenda.
Being a lesbian - - this one weird trick that makes Overwatch players hate you!

Oh, also, the homosexuals out there can stare too: it's called
The gays' gaze

That Robot posted:

male gaze would be a cool name for a weed strain

OG Purple Gays' Gaze-Haze :420::dominic::420:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Troposphere posted:

look at how tiny he weiner is

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
the biggest male gaze was that george okeefe dude, holy moley every painting!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The male Gaze refers to forced perspective, like in film, where the camera travels and focuses on things in the way that the eyes of a person who was sexually attracted to women would. It might apply to, like, a cut scene, but forced perspective in video games is rare, and that twitter fuckwit doesn't even know the most basic poo poo which is p. insulting to a male lesbian like myself.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Heck the way that television and movies have taught me to look at women in a sexual way, focusing on the attractive bits and all, might be what turned me into a male lesbian in the first place!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
this is as exciting as when dumbledore was gay (not exciting)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ork of Fiction posted:

It might apply to, like, a cut scene, but forced perspective in video games is rare

mirandabutt.jpg

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Troposphere posted:

more like this tho

this painting has nothing to do with male gaze and more to do with pleasing your patron/audience

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

OMFG FURRY posted:

this painting has nothing to do with male gaze and more to do with pleasing your patron/audience

IDK, if you do that Fibonacci thing, then the spiral starts right in her cooter...

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The so called golden ratio is racist

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

mirandabutt.jpg

It's not about having attractive lady things that exist, it's about how these things are presented. Like, if you were trying to take cover to shoot soime Blastoids or w/e, but the camera was stuck looking at a cartoon butt all the time, that would be the "male gaze" not, a lady is dressed up in sex ways. JFC you need to take a class or somtehing ur way ignorant of lady issues!!

e: i'm sorry for going off like that, I've become kinda sensitive about this stuff recently, but its about perspective, not content. what the eye perceives, not what exists.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
:goonsay: Knowing the position of a person's feet legs and shoulders is important for threat assessment.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Jack Trades posted:

Absolutely.

Just look at this sexy hunk of a man.

That man was clearly written by the artist to be objectified by and for the straight female gaze. Have some dignity.

Troposphere posted:

look at how tiny he weiner is

It looks like Squidward's face.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
just want to let you all know i had to make space to download something so i uninstalled this game and am now free. anyways unbookmarking l8rs nerds

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

I'm still confused why this is even relevant for a fps character.

why aren't you confused that fps characters have nationalities, genders, personalities and backstories in the first place though? dude this has been a thing in videogames since street fighter 2 at least, don't be disingenuous. people love this poo poo is why it's relevant

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ork of Fiction posted:

:goonsay: Knowing the position of a person's feet legs and shoulders is important for threat assessment.

dominant monkeys get hardons when they're about to throw down

in all likelyhood the oversize human dong evolved for displaying to other males

:dong: :biotruths:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Yes, but like all gaze attacks it allows a fairly easy dexterity saving throw to negate.

What the absolute gently caress is this Clericist bullshit

You KNOW divine casters have poor reflex saves

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

plain blue jacket posted:

This whole thing has been brilliant because we get to see sexless losers get mad at a loving video game.

excuse me sir I am not mad

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah it's weird that she is naked and they are clothed.

She lost a bet.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
Shut up about male gays already, this is all about a female gay and nerd rage.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

hackbunny posted:

why aren't you confused that fps characters have nationalities, genders, personalities and backstories in the first place though? dude this has been a thing in videogames since street fighter 2 at least, don't be disingenuous. people love this poo poo is why it's relevant

gordon freeman is a man and he shoots the gravity gun
lara croft is a woman and she shoots the guns

everything else is superfluous

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh
What Creed Reunion Tour cares about are the only things worth caring about. Enjoying a piece of media in a different way is invalid.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Hey guys

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Let us English posted:

What Creed Reunion Tour cares about are the only things worth caring about. Enjoying a piece of media in a different way is invalid.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ork of Fiction posted:

The male Gaze refers to forced perspective, like in film, where the camera travels and focuses on things in the way that the eyes of a person who was sexually attracted to women would. It might apply to, like, a cut scene, but forced perspective in video games is rare, and that twitter fuckwit doesn't even know the most basic poo poo which is p. insulting to a male lesbian like myself.

What if a camera does that but in a way that people who are attracted to men would find attractive? Do they call it the female gaze?

Ork of Fiction posted:

Heck the way that television and movies have taught me to look at women in a sexual way, focusing on the attractive bits and all, might be what turned me into a male lesbian in the first place!

I can sympathize. The movies and TV taught me that massacres are okay as long as it's for a good cause, but for some reason the police keep disagreeing with me.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 28, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

You met the dwarven pokemon Torbjorn I'm so jealous what's he like in real life I hear he's taller than on-screen

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

What is a camera does that but in a way that people who are attracted to men would find attractive? Do they call it the female gaze?

They call it "French Cinema" I think.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ork of Fiction posted:

They call it "French Cinema" I think.

That sounds weirdly exclusionary and misogynistic. Must be The Patriarchy at work again.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gay.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU