Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im downloading the demo rn, its currently only available on JP store but it has english text/voice. It will be available everywhere tomorrow. I cant wait to check this out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Holy poo poo!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I thought cavia went out of business

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Control Volume posted:

I thought cavia went out of business

this is by platinum

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im extremely excited now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love 2B's design

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have the feeling this game is gonna be an instant loving classic.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hell yes

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It still blows my mind that I'll be able to play this on pc.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

guess i should get around to playing the first one sometime? or maybe not

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The director says you don't have to if you don't want to.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The narrative and structure of the first one is pretty amazing and the way it flipped around genres in each level was really cool but the controls were a little stiff and limited in the moment to moment fighting. It had amazing boss encounters and from the demo it seems like they're taking that game and adding metal gear rising combat to it which is gonna make the whole game unbelievably cool. I'm super excited for it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Nier is gonna be a low key game of the year candidate. I believe this with my heart.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

fuepi posted:

The director says you don't have to if you don't want to.

he seems nice

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yoko Taro thinks that extremely depressing things are funny and loves to drink alcohol. He's one of my favorite game makers.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think gravity rush 2 demo is also tomorrow, at last ill have one game and two demos on my ps4 :hchatter:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i think gravity rush 2 demo is also tomorrow, at last ill have one game and two demos on my ps4 :hchatter:

kewl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh neat, I'm looking forward to this too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

guess i should get around to playing the first one sometime? or maybe not

I never played the first one either, I'll check out the demo though

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The game looks sick.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Neir 1 is truly sick and I honestly don't think the combat detracts from it. A very good ost too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I own the first game but I only got a few hours in. I stopped playing in order to replay Red Dead Redemption. Summer 2015.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I own the first game but I only got a few hours in. I stopped playing in order to replay Red Dead Redemption. Summer 2015.

You should give it another shot if you have the time. The combat is ok at best, but everything else is absolutely spectacular. Story, soundtrack, etc.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I want to play that japan-only version of Nier that's supposedly about a lil shrimpy protagonist wanting to gently caress his sister

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I never played the Japanese one.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

I want to play that japan-only version of Nier that's supposedly about a lil shrimpy protagonist wanting to gently caress his sister

I thought you could select who you play as?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

frank.club posted:

I thought you could select who you play as?

I thought it depended on which platform you bought it for

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Japanese version had beefy huge dude on Xbox and a beautiful boy on PS3

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the Automata demo owns! this boy is so beautiful

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I need the full game now. This demo is beautiful

edit: hahah the chip system is really cool with the individual HUD elements you equip. definitely do what i did and remove the OS chip

goferchan fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 23, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

goferchan posted:

I need the full game now. This demo is beautiful

edit: hahah the chip system is really cool with the individual HUD elements you equip. definitely do what i did and remove the OS chip

I saw chip cheezum's tweet about this and lol'd

can't wait to try the demo tonight but i hope the pc version of the full game isn't too delayed

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
important tip: press jump and then heavy attack to launch enemies into the air

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

This game is cool but the dodge is a little too strong imho idk. But they are level 1 mooks and hell its not like the 1st stages of bayonetta or mgr are that hard

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

This game is cool but the dodge is a little too strong imho idk. But they are level 1 mooks and hell its not like the 1st stages of bayonetta or mgr are that hard

doge

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
this game is going to be insane

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I already know the game is going to own hard so I'm avoiding the demo so it will all be fresh. thank you and god bless

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

apropos to nothing posted:

I already know the game is going to own hard so I'm avoiding the demo so it will all be fresh. thank you and god bless

What the

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

for what it's worth any story/setting stuff is pretty incomprehensible in the demo and the combat is super fun, i'll almost definitely play it again a few times. i respect your self-restraint but there's no spoilers to worry about or anything

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

for what it's worth any story/setting stuff is pretty incomprehensible in the demo and the combat is super fun, i'll almost definitely play it again a few times. i respect your self-restraint but there's no spoilers to worry about or anything

the spoiler is 2B says no showing emotions its against regulations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope everyone is named after Japanese FGC input notations

• Locked thread