Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Bought: Large amounts of strings, Orange TH 30, Childress Uilleann Chanter in D.

Finally bought a big ol' tube amp this year thanks to a lucky pawn shop score (300 for the amp!), and I love having a chance to play.

My big musical investment was finally getting into learning the uilleann pipes. I've always loved bagpipes and Irish traditional music, so it was a huge step to actually pay the stupid amount it costs to get a beginner chanter and start practicing, and I love it more than anything I've had a chance to play with. It's a hell of a time to keep it in shape, but I finally found a teacher who's reasonably close and is willing to teach me proper reedmaking skills.

Built: Fender Tweed Clone, Marshall 18W clone, numerous pedals, five assorted cigar box guitars, and a dozen odd pedals.

This was the big one in terms of re-engaging with music. I've been building and maintaining a lot of equipment, and it's been a huge help in appreciating the work that goes into a single instrument. Plus, it's a good little side income.

Sold: Cigar box ukulele, cigar box mandolin, a couple of cigar box guitars, countless little repair jobs, old Squier bass

See above for most of this. Kinda great to know music equipment repairs can be a decent side gig, even if it just covers strings.

Resolutions: Play more on the pipes. Actually get some band stuff off the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread