Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Bought: 6505+ 112 combo, Pedaltrain nano, TS Mini, NS-2, MXR Analog Delay

I wanted a "real" guitar rig.

Sold: All that stuff. Didn't turn out how I expected it to. I don't require a bunch of versatility as I don't play guitar in any kind of professional capacity but I needed a little more than that setup provided. Did what it did exceptionally well, though. I'm going to replace it with a new Spider V setup, don't hit me.

Bought: Ibanez Talman 302M + Nordstrand NVT A3 pickups

Amazing Tele-style guitar in a faster package. The Nordstrand pickups are the best Tele pickups out there. I'm a little cheesed off that they waited to release the cheaper Nashville-style Talman until after I bought one, but I think there's a bathtub route where I could add a middle pickup if I really wanted.

Bought: Earthquaker Avalanche Run, 3Leaf Wonderlove, 3Leaf You're Doom, 1spot pro cs7, Boss RC-3

Turned the investment into my guitar rig into an expansion of my bass pedalboard. Still have a couple of things to go - expression pedals for the Wonderlove and Avalanche Run, swapping out my Keeley Bassist for an Origin Compact Bass compressor, and getting a chorus pedal.

Bought: Carvin B1000 bass head

My main head is a Baer Valkyrie, which is the best bass amp ever made. It's also a total unicorn, with around ten ever built, so while I'm not going to baby it (insurance) there are bar gigs where bringing something smaller and cheaper is more appropriate. The B1000 is a *great* complimentary head, with tons of power and small size/weight.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Southern Heel posted:

And so you're doing your guitar work with simulators now?

A Line6 Amplifi FX100, actually. It's basically all I need tonally but I'd like a more traditional and self-contained form factor, which is why I think the Spider V is going to work out for me. The built in wireless is neat, too.

• Locked thread