Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

It's kinda neat to read about everyone's new stuff.

Sold: Ibanez GSR200
My first electric bass. Great to learn on, eventually wanted something nicer and ended up with a Fender P last year. Just got around to selling this one and was sad to see it go.

Sold: Line 6 Lowdown 110
First bass amp. Felt it wasn't doing the P bass justice. Wanted to sell this and the ibanez together, took a while but finally this and the bass went to a dude who's 9 year old daughter wanted to rock out instead of playing... Cello I think?

Bought: Ampeg portaflex 500 and ampeg 1x15 cab
Sound great. Goes much louder than I need, but hey. Got both on sale at different places at different times, ended up paying a bit more for both together than just one or the other would have cost at regular prices. The cab is "used" but you can't tell. It had a rattle which I fixed by screwing the tweeter back in properly. Love the sounds this thing makes with the p bass.

Bought: Various kit guitars and electronic parts
Got into the DIY thing this year. Built a fretless j-bass, a telecaster, and a les paul from kits. Built some effects units and a tiny 1/2 watt amp from plans. Scratch-built my first ever wood object, an 8" speaker cab for the tiny amp. It all came out OK to great, which was honestly shocking to me since I started the year with no skills in this area at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread