Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Quest For Glory II posted:

Happy new year everyone! I have keys for some games I already have so have at them! Claim em or whatever and I'll PM you or something. (note: i'm not sure WHY i have these dupe keys? I dunno if Humble Bundle gave me dupe keys by accident or if I really did just buy a lot of bundles with overlapping games this past year, so hopefully the gift links work when you get them!)

The Beginner's Guide
Betrayer
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Chroma Squad
Closure
Dropsy
Mars: War Logs
Odallus: The Dark Call
Outland Special Edition
Pix the Cat
Psychonauts
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Ep. 1
Shadowrun Returns
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut
Snakebird
Strider 2014
Styx: Master of Shadows
Technobabylon
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
Trine 2 Complete Story
Westerado: Double Barrelled

I would love Shantae. I do not have PM, but my steamid is http://steamcommunity.com/id/pennfalath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Gonna say, The Division actually gets better at max level... it turns from Ubisoft open world game/MMO to Diablo loot funhouse. This game keeps on surprising me! The Underground and Survival add a lot to the game.

I say that the worst part of the game is the middle levels where everything seems a bit samey and the narrative tapers off a bit.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Happy new year everyone! I have keys for some games I already have so have at them! Claim em or whatever and I'll PM you or something. (note: i'm not sure WHY i have these dupe keys? I dunno if Humble Bundle gave me dupe keys by accident or if I really did just buy a lot of bundles with overlapping games this past year, so hopefully the gift links work when you get them!)

I'll take Strider if you still have it. Either way thanks and happy new year!

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Chroma Squad

The concept always seemed amusing enough to make me want to try it out for myself, even if the later acts wind up being not so fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ericfate

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
While we are in the last couple days (day?) of the sale, is Slime Rancher currently worth getting?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 2, 2017

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

While we are in the last couple day (day?) of the sale, is Slime Rancher currently worth getting?

It's cute and repetitive. I'd say there's about 8-12 hours of content in it, as is. I'm not usually into these types of games but got it in the humble monthly and found it fun, though the basic gameplay loop of feed slimes, upgrade stuff to feed slimes better, may not do it for everyone.

I do appreciate that you move around like a 90's fps and the game is very chill since there's no dumb systems like having your character get tired and have to rest/eat and your health/stamina regenerate really fast. There's no story or anything if that means anything to you. It's also very cute and could pass for a nintendo game in that aspect.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Has anyone run DOOM on a 660TI?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Apples to oranges, but... if I had to choose one, Renowned Explorers or Hand of Fate?

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I think the 660 TI is comparable to the 750 TI which is what I have. After a bit of tweaking, the game runs on very high settings at 60 FPS. If on medium you should have no problems whatsoever.

It did take me awhile tweaking some stuff, but it's the usual culprits (motion blur, etc.)

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I really really really like Salt and Sanctuary. Is there a thread for it?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pennfalath posted:

I would love Shantae. I do not have PM, but my steamid is http://steamcommunity.com/id/pennfalath
someone beat you to it (via PM), but do you have a 3DS or Wii U? I have codes for Shantae & the Pirate's Curse because of that nintendo bundle. it's the sequel and a better game imo

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I tried asking this before, but would anyone know how the DLC for The Black Watchmen is?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
If anyone out there loves laser puzzles and logic gates, Prelogate has been a kickass game for the buck-forty-three it cost.

If lasers and logic aren't your thing there's nothing to recommend it, but if that's your wheelhouse holy poo poo it's a good deal.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
What's the best cheap controller that plays nicely with steam games? I've been gifted a bunch of games that are suited to controllers and I don't really like my wireless 360 pad for them. I was thinking of getting the PS4 one now that there's native support but it's so expensive!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Chas McGill posted:

What's the best cheap controller that plays nicely with steam games? I've been gifted a bunch of games that are suited to controllers and I don't really like my wireless 360 pad for them. I was thinking of getting the PS4 one now that there's native support but it's so expensive!

There is a deal on the DS4 on Newegg from ebay.

Remember DS4 can use the Steam Controller presets in Big Picture Mode/Steamlink

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Chas McGill posted:

As a word of warning, the "native support" is immensely goofy and you need to load configurations in big picture mode to get it anywhere close to working for quite a few titles.

I still really like my DS4, but don't expect a plug and play experience.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Gromit posted:

Doh. How about Technobabylon then?

Got this, thanks Quest!

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Thanks for Trine 2! I really enjoyed the first one, and I'm looking forward to more 3 way side scrolling action.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Also, props to whoever recommended The Dweller, I'm having way more fun than 50¢ should buy me

Going to have to second The Dweller. It's such a fun little puzzler where you devour foolish, trespassing archaeologists. And again, only 49 cents.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is the witness worth it? I love puzzle games but a 25 hour game feels excessive. I burned out on talos even though I really enjoyed that game.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Antti posted:

We have no idea whether it includes refunds or not, for one. But I wouldn't be surprised in the least because game consumers have stopped making sense to me long ago.

It could be worse. They could have invested 9 billion dollars into a medical technology promised by a college dropout who didn't present a single shred of peer-reviewed data to back her extraordinary claims while doing 2 years of TED talks and Colbert Report interviews.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What was that?

It's getting down to the last day of the sale and I still haven't bought enough poo poo! All I got were Final Fantasy 8, 9, and 10, Manhunt, and a very regretful purchase of Inside. My wishlist is about 190 things so you'd think I'd have SOMETHING to impulse buy but so far nothing has struck me! I also don't put DLC on my wishlist so I always forget to buy DLC for games I play.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What was that?

Google Theranos. It's a giant scam even worse than Star Citizen could ever hope to be.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I was writing up a year in review for 2016 and looked over the games I've played. Wanted to mention Hade was a super nice little puzzle game, very simple but very brisk with little bullshit. Also Odallus the Dark Call which I'm sure people have said nice things about is on sale in a bundle for less than three dollars. I don't know if it's just bugged out for Canadians, since it's only 50% off but google shows it as 80% off USD? Who knows. It was pretty solid at that price. If you like really beautiful pixel art I honestly think Odallus might be the best 8-bit style I've seen.

Also it's too expensive for a tiny indie game but Mysterious Space was a solid little roguelite exploration game. It's about exploring a set of planetary systems to investigate an alien signal. Pretty chill.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hey guys, so I'm cleaning out my humble library and going to dump the dupe games here on the forums. Does it make more sense to include the keys, or to paste the gift links you can generate in the library. I promise it's not all garbage.

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Hey guys, so I'm cleaning out my humble library and going to dump the dupe games here on the forums. Does it make more sense to include the keys, or to paste the gift links you can generate in the library. I promise it's not all garbage.

I think most people just post the keys themselves but I'd say whatever is easiest for you.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

nachos posted:

Is the witness worth it? I love puzzle games but a 25 hour game feels excessive. I burned out on talos even though I really enjoyed that game.

I follow SGF's playthrough of it on youtube, just watching it is infuriating and exhausting. I would check out some videos and see if you like the style, don't worry about spoilers there are 100's of mini puzzles and no story I could discern so far.

Nathyrra
Oct 22, 2008

Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Gift links, supposedly there's bots that trawl for keys!

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.

Nathyrra posted:

Gift links, supposedly there's bots that trawl for keys!

Didn't think of that, good suggestion! Do this.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

sauer kraut posted:

I follow SGF's playthrough of it on youtube, just watching it is infuriating and exhausting. I would check out some videos and see if you like the style, don't worry about spoilers there are 100's of mini puzzles and no story I could discern so far.

Dear God don't do this. The Witness is a less a game about solving puzzles, more about figuring out how the rules change from area to area. You'll spoil most of the fun if you just watch some youtuber stumble around.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Aw man, I went the whole sale without realizing you get daily cards from clicking through the discovery queue. All those dimes, lost like tears in rain.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
wat? That doesn't seem like they surfaced that AT ALL.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I know how difficult that is, so I'm broadening the scope of the question: is there any game on Steam that reminds you of any of the qualities that Deadly Premonition has? If you are a fan of the game, obviously.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Mystic Stylez posted:

I know how difficult that is, so I'm broadening the scope of the question: is there any game on Steam that reminds you of any of the qualities that Deadly Premonition has? If you are a fan of the game, obviously.
The obvious answer to this is D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die. Unfortunately, I don't think there aren't any plans to finish it, but it's another Swery65 game. It's much smaller, but has a lot of the same feel to it.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

nachos posted:

I just refunded it after about an hour of play. I'm also a puzzler fan but I just couldn't imagine doing it for 25 hours. The game might get better as you go but I was really bored with it in the first 60 minutes and I've heard most of the game is similar but with building upon what you learned. Just personal anecdotal evidence if it helps make your decision.

Really pretty game though.

Git Mah Belt Son fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 2, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

nachos posted:

It was worth it to me at full price. I'd say it's a little shorter than Talos, but it's also a good deal drier so burnout could happen; depends why you burned out, really.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://giant.gfycat.com/YellowCircularDutchsmoushond.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/HollowHastyGar.webm

this was a good steam sale

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What was that?

It's getting down to the last day of the sale and I still haven't bought enough poo poo! All I got were Final Fantasy 8, 9, and 10, Manhunt, and a very regretful purchase of Inside. My wishlist is about 190 things so you'd think I'd have SOMETHING to impulse buy but so far nothing has struck me! I also don't put DLC on my wishlist so I always forget to buy DLC for games I play.

Devil May Cry 4: SE called out to me from a secret place on the internet this sale. I hope it can do the same for you.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Dying Light was my GOTY in 2015. Nothing kept me as hooked in as it, and for once I actually loved the main character. The gameplay was fluid and felt great, at least once you got the hang of it, and the atmosphere was outstanding. Going on night raids, thinking about getting stuck from venturing too far out, and trying to figure out the best routes around everything without setting off too many zombies made me more tense than I think any game I've played for years.

It was one of the games that really made me wish I could forget everything about it so the experience could be fresh and new all over again.

The Following DLC was great too, in my opinion, but I know not everyone thinks that. It changes the playstyle, but I thought it was a great addition.

Glad that others are enjoying it too, I can't wait for a sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Devil May Cry 4: SE called out to me from a secret place on the internet this sale. I hope it can do the same for you.

Sadly I hate the original Devil May Cry series. DMC, however, is my jam. I don't know why or what the difference is but I tried out 4 on the 360 and had to quit after about thirty minutes or so.

I JUST WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON THIS LAST DAY, GOD DAMNIT!

• Locked thread