Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah I thoroughly played Alien: Isolation and very few of the scares came from the facehuggers, from what I remember. It's usually pretty obvious when they're around (and not because they're launching onto your face).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Man how are the finalists in "Test of Time" Civ V, Terraria, and Skyrim? Those shits aren't even old. At least TF2 is coming up on ten years, and AoE II is genuinely old. My investment in this "Steam Awards" is compromised.

Too Shy Guy posted:

Hi guys, friendly reminder that your wishlist does not automatically update to sale prices. It happens every single sale, someone has to flip some switches behind the scenes before the discounts propagate to wishlists. Give it an hour or so.

Holy poo poo, I forgot about that--I was super bummed when I checked out my list and saw that 80% of the 160 games on my list weren't even on sale, and the other 20% are mostly games I have no intention of buying but keep on my wishlist for some reason.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Incidentally I owned every game but Presequel and was able to use that bundle to get Presequel for insanely cheaper than it was going as a solo game.

Still wasn't worth it because hot drat it is just not fun. But if you had every game except Tales, totally use this to get that cheaper because it's good.

edit: How is Deathstate: Abyssal Edition? That looks fun.

I love it. I wrote a review on it and have a ton of hours logged. It's a roguelite bullet-hell shooter, except the actual act of shooting your primary "weapon" is automatic--you only manually activate special powers, items, and consumables. Seems really easy and basic, but can ramp up in difficulty fast. Absolutely love the art style, and this most recent update was a complete (but welcome) surprise.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Alright guys, need a recommendation. My 2 friends and I were gonna play civ tonight but then realized it apparently ate our save last time. 3+ hours down the drain. So we're looking for something else we can play/download quickly and cheaply.

So what are some 3-4 player coop games with small file sizes that are worth checking out? Can be indie as gently caress, I don't care.

(we have and have already played Monaco and Borderlands (all of them))

Maybe check out Monaco?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Char posted:

Dear goons, is there any fat to trim here?
Going for the mainstream-indie-hits of 2016 (at least, those I didn't buy yet) and whatever I promised I'd buy years ago but I never did (Ori, LISA, Freedom Planet).

DOOM
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
LISA
LISA the Joyful
Kathy Rain
Gunpoint
Darkest Dungeon
Enter the Gungeon
Rabi-Ribi
Furi
CrossCode
Wuppo
Hyper Light Drifter
Freedom Planet

I'd sneak in Subnautica as well... dunno, it's starting to get a big haul.

Mokinokaro posted:

I'd cut LISA the Joyful for now but otherwise that's a drat solid least.

That's tough, because although The Joyful is a pretty significant departure from the mechanics of The Painful, it seems like it helps explain aspects of the story that The Painful doesn't.

But yeah, if you're trying to (temporarily) trim the fat and pick up some of these games at a later date, you've got more than enough material here to keep you busy until next time. That's a really good list in my opinion, too.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Palpek posted:

Dying Light is definitely one of the best zombie games and open world games ever made. It's just incredibly fun to just gently caress around in that game and both movement and combat are fantastic.

Is it a fun "gently caress around" game like Just Cause is fun "gently caress around" game? Because I'm not a huge fan of Just Cause, but I have been trying to figure out if I should pick up Dying Light for a few months now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

Axiom Verge has cool ideas and wows you for about the first half of the game, until the cutscene. After that, the design flaws become really apparent. It's all the more disappointing after a really strong start.

drat, that really sucks since I had been eyeballing the game for a while now. Good info to have, though.

• Locked thread