Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Dadgum Ron Paul is 40% off instead of the usual 30% off whoo.

Also Arkham Knight $6.79 seems good.

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, where's the lump of coal meta-game, where's the exploitable raffle ticket system or the deluge of trading cards and the clusterfuck of hourly flash deals? It used to be a grotesque nightmare circus of cheap gimmicks and mindless consumerism but now it's like a legitimate business and storefront. That's just totally not in the Holiday Spirit.

That was five years ago, you should probably move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Relin posted:

i assume steam is doing better all the time? just personally, i don't really see friends buy games during the big sales any more. and they aren't big game hoarders like me. and i'm in the age range of people who spend the most on games

nothing on my 20 item wishlist is even 50% off. i know it's the same song and dance about sales being worse every time but there's my 2 cents

Check again, Megadimension Neptunia VII is 60% off.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There's a bundle http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2306/ with Orwell, Hacknet, and Vertiginous Golf.

Any opinions on the things therein? Orwell has a cool style but seems like it could easily be unbearable. Kind of remember decent things said about Hacknet last year. Vertiginous Golf looks mad but probably really short. These all seem like things I could like, just wanna make sure they ain't no duds.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

the story being terrible but that's probably not why you're playing XCOM.

The story in XCOM 2 is beautiful.

And yes, there is nothing wrong with just playing the game as is. Maybe bump it up one past normal and maybe don't play Ironman your first time, but really whatever. The game still acts strange sometimes but it is good enough that you will get to a point that that is charming.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Enter the gungeon and darkest dungeon both left me pretty cold. The treasure system in gung is initially very frustrating and you don't really feel potential for your power escalating like in the best rls. Darkest is just so loving monotonous and the hours I put into it never gave me a hint of anything really changing down the line.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

DAI is, like all DA games, both good and bad. I don't hate the game, but maybe it wanted me to by the end. I was 100%ing the zones as I went along and quite enjoying the game then just about 60% the way through I did one zone where the game just turned and I couldn't stand the ridiculous map icon hunt 'sidequests' and pointless one button combat anymore and I ignored like 3 full zones and rushed through the remaining main story bits and didn't much enjoy any of it.

Also the deluxe edition is different from the goty edition. Do not pay extra for the stupid deluxe thing they are stupid crap. The goty edition is the best way to get the DLCs which apparently people like, but I couldn't finish what was on the plate to start with, ordering more seems unnecessary.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Think I'm going with this. I've wanted Wolfenstein for a long while, Hyper Light Drifter is in lieu of getting Furi because Zelda > DMC, Trillion seems good nonsense and big discount, and the other two are $2 and seem interesting.

I kind of feel like Steam sales for me have become an attempt to avoid what is in the upcoming Humble Monthly.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

That's the slapdash single player stuff the game launched with. This is the proper story mode. Not that I'd recommend anyone buy SFV specifically for it.

That poo poo is worse than not existing really. Don't anything SFV.

Pigeotic posted:

I bought Trillion this sale, but I'm considering refunding it, the controls are atrocious. Didn't realize it was a vita port at first but it's really obvious in the first gameplay segment. The keyboard defaults to something ridiculous like ijko for action keys or something. So I plugged in a controller and at first I thought it wasn't registering my inputs but actually it was just because it was a vita port so the weirdly restrictive camera controls that (I guess) made sense on a tiny handheld just look stupid on my PC. And the tutorial segements all reference the buttons on a vita I think. Or maybe an xbox controller not sure. At any rate it requires keybinding everything yourself or a great deal of trial and error. Would not recommend buying.

Hmm. I wasn't going to try and play it with MKB so I hope this goes fine. Eh, it still seems like one of those PS2 games where they come up with anything premise to reuse their combat model over and over and I loved and want that. If it isn't what I think it is I can always refund it I guess.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I'm sure others will tell you differently but Wolfenstein New Order was badly paced and loaded with filler and the combat didn't really do anything to make up for it.

I ended up backing out. Was the one I was flimsiest on anyways and only really included it to hit $30. The idea of more FPS also seems really gross to me right now in a way I hadn't really considered. I wonder how much of the praise was just being thirsty for good shooters, cuz we're drowning in them now.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

I most certainly did not.

I mean you sure got inside something.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Need help paring down my list, these games are too drat expensive edition.

From what I can tell I would love the poo poo out of all of these. Need to get below $50ish, so like, I guess down to 3.

Leaning towards Batman, SUPERHOT, and Sherlock Holmes. I unno. These games are too drat expensive. Maybe just buy Sherlock and wait for the others to fall more.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ohhhh I thought there was a weird game named 'sorcery & sorcery 2.'

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I found using an analog stick for movement and face buttons for aiming to be a huge improvement over old Isaac.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm only a few hours in but Watch Dogs 2 seems outstanding. The characters are instantly likeable in a way I'm just not used to in videogames.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait, is Elite Dangerous a done game and not one of those space things stuck in EA hell? Is it the one that has like yearly season passes or something? Why is every Steam review a two thousand word screed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

nachos posted:

Is the witness worth it? I love puzzle games but a 25 hour game feels excessive. I burned out on talos even though I really enjoyed that game.

FWIW I crashed out of Talos after three hours after getting frustrated with the finicky environment stuff, but am currently doing the end game of The Witness. You should just try it out. You can easily do the first main section of the island within refund time (You create a giant beacon at the end of it, you won't mistake it) and if you like it you will like the game. I loved that first section but still consider it mid-tier compared to other parts of the game.

Also the second main part (desert) is the worst in the game so feel free to go explore or whatever instead of doing it.

• Locked thread