Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Oh god, sale on Steam, sale in Uplay, sale on Origin, sale on GMG ...

and all with varying prices... this is more stressful than back when there were flash deals...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

I said it before, but it's kinda stupid how on PS4 you can regularly get all of Borderlands 2 and The Presequel with every little DLC for $20-$30. While there's no similar bundle on Steam and the cosmetic stuff never goes on sale. Even without the cosmetics you'd have to spend at least $40 (on sale) to get most of the package.

Presequel Season Pass pricing is absolutely batshit insane, especialyl since there is next to no content in the season pass anyway, I refuse to buy that. On the other hand, playing a shooter on the PS4... not sure what's worse, missing out on DLC or having to git gud with a controller...

Disclaimer: Not master-racing, I own consoles myself and am about to buy a PS4 pro, I just don't think playing FPS on a console is the way to go...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
General advice for people considering buying Fallout 4 or any other single player game with DLC:
Don't. Wait for the complete edition. Inevitably it will come, probably sooner than you think. And for 30€/$

This advice is especially important as publishers do not to reduce season passes any more before the goty is out. So either you play the game now, then wait for the season pass to be reduced only to forget about the plot e.g. and then to never really pick it up again. Or you buy it as Goty a bit later and then play it all at once for the full experience.

I know this is something everybody should be aware of but it is worth reminding people of.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

slidebite posted:

Thanks but that's too bad. My father-in-law is a completely hopeless on the computer and I wanted to buy him a couple of casual game packs for Christmas. :(

Maybe a Steam giftcard isn't a crazy idea I guess.

There are usually goons around who will buy stuff for other goons across borders. Maybe someone in your country is willing to do the same for you (provided they don't have the games yet)? They can then gift it to you and you add it to your account as gift copies.
Problem solved.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

Could I get some input?

I've already purchased:
Metro: Last Light Redux $3.99 (I already have LL but I'm doing the LP and I wanted the DLC).
Vermintide $8.25
Witcher 3 GOTYAY $17.59

For a total of $29.83, which leaves me with 20 bucks on my budget. What should I spend them on? (I know I don't have to spend them, but it's what I budgeted for).

Here's my Steam wishlist.

I'm heavily leaning towards Ori, but I would appreciate some second opinions.

Honestly, no need to buy anything else. Ones you start on the witcher you have 200+ hours ahead of you. By that time it is the summer sale already.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Krowley posted:

I'm trying to decide which one of these games I should buy: Witcher 3, Doom, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dragon's Dogma

How scalable are they in terms of graphics and performance? My system is starting to age a bit, I got an i5 and a gtx960 but I'm not really keen on upgrading.

Also, I know Witcher 3 is the obvious pro-pick here, but I'm not sure I have the spare time to devote to it any time soon.

I'd go with Witcher 3, it will entertain you for 200h if you like RPGs, has great characters and cutscenes, story is interesting, loads of quests and interesting sceneries.

Compared ot Witcher 3, Dragon's Dogma is...weird... it just did not feel right. I never played more than 10h. It's just a mediocre game imho.

Doom is great, but short and all DLC is multiplayer. So YMMV depending on whether you like MP. Never tried it.

I can't say anything about RotTR no idea haven't played it, but heard friends say it is not as good as the first one.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Lego games can get a bit tricky especially Lego Batman 1, platforming parts are difficult due to the stupid camera, and the flying controls in Marvel heroes are poo poo.

The Lego Harry Potter games are pretty easy, not much platforming iirc. But she should now the story. I watched all films when I started playing HP with the GF cause I had no clue what was going on.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Fifteen of Many posted:

Happy Steam Sale! Is there a general rule of thumb that helps people decide if Arkham Knight will run for them? Steam forums appear mixed.

Yes, it is called the 2hr return policy.... no it really seems to be a gamble. I bought it for 11 € back when it was pulled from sale on Steam and it ran fine for me even then on my I5 with a 7870 and 8gig Ram PC with win7.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I have been eyeing Dying light a while ago before it came out, but I can't see or buy it in Germany. Isthereanydeal tells me the something called "Dying light The following enhanced edition" for 20€. Is that the version to buy?

And, would I be able to play it in Germany?
edit: apparently I can install it if it is the EU version

Hopper fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 26, 2016

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Nuramor posted:

Where are you getting that version from? I don't even see it in the store.

I can't display that in steam either, I looked it up on isthereanydeal. And then I googled this see what others say about being able to install it

I'll either need to find a British goon willing to buy it for me if I send him the money via PayPal or will have to resort to buying it from cdkeys.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So, would any UK Goon be willing to buy and send a gift copy of Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition my way if I reimburse you via paypal? The game should be 16 quid.

I can't buy it in Germany and need a EU version of it to be able to install. To be on the safe side, I would prefer a UK Version to make sure I get English language in case it locks me into the language of the country it was bought in when installing in Germany.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Thanks replied already.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
A LOVELY LAD is indeed a lovely lad and top notch goon! Thanks to his assistance I was able to circumvent German censorship attempts without having to resort to shady third party key sellers.
Thank you much appreciated.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Bolivar posted:

Germans with their zombie sensorship :ughh:
I used to live there in the 90s, I remember how buying Duke Nukem 3D from behind the counter felt like buying illegal drugs :gary:

The worst part about this is that Dying light isn't actually censored because it is too brutal. They literally couldn't be arsed to rate it at all (i.e. were too lazy to do it), and if a game is not rated, you can't sell it. :negative:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Blattdorf posted:

What's the deal with the Dying Light? Do you need any DLC for it?

DL The Following Enhanced Edition is the GOTY and has all the DLC. Just get that.

Edit: beaten like a zombie with a barbed wire bat....

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

squirt the daisies posted:

Hey dudes, i just finished it and feel like i must give you a strong recommendation for ABZU.
It's a beautiful, unique game and an amazingly beautiful experience. It takes you in a whole different world and it made me, for example, thinking of how small we are :)

Really, get it!

I loved Endless Ocean on the Wii and would be all over a chill diving game. Is it mostly diving and taking in the scenery or is it hectic "avoid the sharks" stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well, quite a good christmas sale season for me this year, despite mediocre discounts I stayed below my self-imposed 50€ mark and got some good games:

- Dying Light (my coop group all bought this as our next title to play so yay for more coop)
- Ori and the Blind forest
- Abzu
- Need for speed (on Origin to satisfy my tuning and racing urges)

Total paid 47€

• Locked thread