Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Thirsty Dog posted:

Mods please move this thread to gas chamber tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ah, this thread's back

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
can what is dead ever truly die?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Death Thread "wriggle, wriggle."

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
This thread is my replacement for friends in meatspace

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I hope all of you almost lost your hands and fingers exploding fireworks as I have. :)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
blowing off a hand seemed to help at least one gw sculptor, do you think they should try it again with the current lot?

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
I have no mouth, and I must scream.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Be the change you want to see folks! Do not sperg out about sperging on Gundams or Star Wars if it's not your bag! Start talking about other things or try to make it gaming connected as my Star Wars mega post whoring was trying to do. (My Dougram boardgame ones as well.)

It's just some folks took it derailed which is what this thread does. And then the derail is derailed though derail complaining which is more derail. Course THE BULLSHIT PHASE was always the best phase of any 40k games I ever played with people because the game is merely an excuse to shoot the poo poo. It just works better if the game is balanced and fun with cool fun people who aren't being dicknozzles.

And it'll probably be a week or two before my Wotc Star Wars mega post because like last week my days off aren't in a row so I will be discombobulated and no more free Premium Time in MWO for me to work on such a post in between rounds of robot murder and pubbie mocking because I have a deep seated hatred of the Battletech fanbase that is hatey-er than what I have for Bronies and Weeaboos.

(Though my Wotc SW post should have some poorly thought out or written DND fanbase hate. )

My SW Vidya post probably won't be linked because it's got really gently caress all to do with Tradgames unless TIE Fighter and KOTORs count as a SW Hobby Games fix. (They do not though good games . Does Blood Bowl 2 scratch the BB itch? Yeah. Planeswalker games both scratch the Magic itch AND remind me why I don't spend money on RL Magic in spite of it being a good game with a dogshit business model. Some turn based hex games help the Wargame needs. Some would say electronic wargames are why the hex n chit Wargame became an uber niche thing...)

But yes folks. DONT LIKE THING IN THREAD? Don't whine or complain about it! Ignore and post about the stuff tradgames wise you want to talk or shitpost about. It's what this thread is for yo!

(I still want Bandai to make a Chopper model kit though. He is the best goddamned Droid. If Garfield and R2-D2 had a baby it would be Chopper. He is dare I say the Moola of Droids. Although I doubt Moola pushed any gamers out of a spaceship in atmosphere because his game group said the new gamer should join their group full time. )

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I expected that the people in this thread, out of anyone in this forum, were the types to try to set fire to something or blow your hands off during New Years. Mortars are as dangerous as always. :)

Like hot drat I'm disappointed Moola hasn't posted about his annual compilation video of sticking fireworks up his bum yet.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
why blow up stuff with explosives when I can blow up fools with my posts

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I missed the DS9 derail :negative:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

fnordcircle posted:

why blow up stuff with explosives when I can blow up fools with my posts

Both are similar, friend. The only difference is that fingers don't grow back as easily as posting privileges after probes, but they are p much the same.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Chill la Chill posted:

Both are similar, friend. The only difference is that fingers don't grow back as easily as posting privileges after probes, but they are p much the same.

No but the shame of failure is identical, I would wager

Bad Moon posted:

I missed the DS9 derail :negative:

What's peak DS9? Like which season?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
There are no peaks in deep space, only localized poo poo anomalies.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

fnordcircle posted:

Season 6

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

fnordcircle posted:

Peak DS9 is any of the Benny Russell episodes.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Peak DS9 is any of the Jeffrey Combs episodes.

FTFY

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Peak DS9 is season 3 of Babylon 5.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

I painted a better power armored soldier than GW's for a game better than 40k

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Not a viking posted:

I painted a better power armored soldier than GW's for a game better than 40k

What game is this from?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Pretty sure its an Infinity dude, possibly Yu-Jing?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Thundercloud posted:

What game is this from?

Corvus Belli's Infinity, home of cool Muslim Master Chiefs (though pictured dude is Yu Jing) and catgirl doctors

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

adhuin posted:

There are no peaks in deep space, only localized poo poo anomalies.

:vomarine:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Thundercloud posted:

What game is this from?

That is a Zuyong heavy infantry from the Asian faction Yu Jing in Infinity.

YJ also have cyber ninjas with thermo optic camo, space samurai, an AI recreation of Sun Tze, Akira bikes, a transformer robot/heavy infantry.

VVV

Unfortunately, battle heels, boob armor and bare midriffs isn't rare, but luckily it's getting better.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 2, 2017

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

Corvus Belli's Infinity, home of cool Muslim Master Chiefs (though pictured dude is Yu Jing) and catgirl doctors

And hyper-sexualized women.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I kinda like Mantic's enforcers because they play into a more modern elite motif and emphasize mobility over 'has the biggest gun and the heaviest armor'(that's the forgefathers in their setting).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Not a viking posted:

That is a Zuyong heavy infantry from the Asian faction Yu Jing in Infinity.

YJ also have cyber ninjas with thermo optic camo, space samurai, an AI recreation of Sun Tze, Akira bikes, a transformer robot/heavy infantry

how... scrutable would you say they are?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I had to look scrutable up because I'm not a native english speaker and I still don't know what you mean.

Do you mean if it's a hard to learn faction? I don't think so. It's the best Heavy Infantry faction and HI are mostly about getting into your face with a big gun. They also have cheap troops to support your awesome HI, so you don't need to field a small and fragile list if you don't want to. The Japanese faction is more glass cannon.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Not a viking posted:

I had to look scrutable up because I'm not a native english speaker and I still don't know what you mean.

Do you mean if it's a hard to learn faction? I don't think so. It's the best Heavy Infantry faction and HI are mostly about getting into your face with a big gun. They also have cheap troops to support your awesome HI, so you don't need to field a small and fragile list if you don't want to. The Japanese faction is more glass cannon.

They are inquiring, in a pointed fashion, about how much of a racist stereotype YJ is.

Which for those not familiar with the game is not really. Infinity's problem is that their sculptors and character designers need to keep their hands off their dicks, not about how cool it is to be Western and rich in the transhuman future.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
The superpowers aren't even major players in the future of Infinity. Russia, the US and UK got stuck in the warp and showed up late. Space catholic australia is the closest thing to space america, and asia, the middle east, and probably others I'm forgetting are the major cultures.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Not a viking posted:

"Inscrutable asians/orientals" is a common racist trope in western literature

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fnordcircle posted:

No but the shame of failure is identical, I would wager

5 & 6 probably. Beware, they are the least Star Treky seasons of any Star Trek

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's the second half of season 5 (ep 13) through to the end of season 6; you get a lot of the dominion war, and hence a lot of Weyoun, Dukat, Martok, etc, there's a Benny Russell episode in there, lots of character building with Garak including Empok Nor the excellent In the Pale Moonlight, you get the Star Trek: Klingon episode, the introduction of Section 31 and Vic Fontaine, just the right (small) amount of Bajoran Emissary stuff, and a bare minimum of 'standard episodic trek' fare, though even a couple of those are good.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 2, 2017

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Bad Moon posted:

5 & 6 probably. Beware, they are the least Star Treky seasons of any Star Trek

Season 6 has "In the Pale Moonlight", the best Trek episode, so this checks out

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

grassy gnoll posted:

They are inquiring, in a pointed fashion, about how much of a racist stereotype YJ is.

Which for those not familiar with the game is not really. Infinity's problem is that their sculptors and character designers need to keep their hands off their dicks, not about how cool it is to be Western and rich in the transhuman future.

Well, there is also the model called DRAGON LADY, that is just an asian woman with an umbrella. Probably not a smart choice to use a racial caricature term. But thats about the extent of it that I can recall. Every so often I make an attempt at figuring out Infinity before giving up, but YJ and Nomads seemed pretty neat.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Someone please make a photoshop of a dreadnought that carries space marines on its back like a opossum TIA

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

CB models have a healthy Anime/Manga aesthetic. Everyone who pops into the thread says they are interested in nomads "but not the furries" (:gay:). So, very scruntable. Especially the old Ariadna sculpts. If you paint eyes on them badly (like most average TT gamers) then they will look very scrunty.

You can use proxies in Infinity because most people don't give poo poo, but like any TT hobby buying the models and paint them up, digging the look and feel of the table top, is half the fun. So if you decide to use your space marines or nurgle deamons in a game of Infinity you might run in to a few problems (like not being able to represent enough profiles with only a space marine tactical squad), but I doubt anyone would give you poo poo for trying the game out.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Well, there is also the model called DRAGON LADY, that is just an asian woman with an umbrella. Probably not a smart choice to use a racial caricature term. But thats about the extent of it that I can recall. Every so often I make an attempt at figuring out Infinity before giving up, but YJ and Nomads seemed pretty neat.

Infinity is nothing if not :spain: :japan: :spain: :japan: :spain: :japan: :spain: :japan: :spain: :japan: :spain: :japan: :spain: :japan:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Actually, it's an HVT model (High Value Target). They are used as a mission objective for players to interact with (hack them, mark them for laser guided weapons, dominate the area around them) and are usually thought of as a representative of the O-12, a kind of interplanetary UN. If you attack them in any way you auto lose the game.

I'm not sure how that would change the meaning of the name "dragon lady", but it's not just a lady with an umbrella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Not a viking posted:

Actually, it's an HVT model (High Value Target). They are used as a mission objective for players to interact with (hack them, mark them for laser guided weapons, dominate the area around them) and are usually thought of as a representative of the O-12, a kind of interplanetary UN. If you attack them in any way you auto lose the game.

I'm not sure how that would change the meaning of the name "dragon lady", but it's not just a lady with an umbrella.

"Dragon Ladies" are yellow peril stereotypes that asian women (or at least asian women who aren't meek helpless love interests) are deceitful, domineering and mysterious. I guess you could think of them as specifically racist kinds of femme fatale, though they're usually too powerful or mysterious to actively use seduction as a weapon.

• Locked thread