Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

LordAba posted:

It would be funny if the product had any use. But it looks pretty stupid and unnecessary. Yes, super glue is a product that I want to store in my pocket.

But it's secure in that dollar store pill container, what could go wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

If that was a dig at GW they should have opened a bottle with a normal opener at the end. If it wasn't a dig, it was still funny.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Drone posted:

As a person on camera, he works really well and is extremely relaxing to watch because of his voice and overall mannerisms. But he had some epically bad white knighting videos right after AoS was released that were utter trash.

I've given up on him. It's either all GW is still good and fine, you should play AoS, or else really vague poo poo like "Is getting mad ruining your gaming experience?"

I guess its tough to come up with relevant poo poo to say all the time, but it just got boring.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

All my heroes are dead. Time to throw myself into the sea

Can I have your minis?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

So the Nova Open just opened for registration today. I saw this for the 40k GT: https://novaopenstore.com/NoVACart/Home/EventItem/1056

So, holy moly it's $70 just for the tournament. It cost me that much for the convention pass and x-wing tournament pass. But look at the schedule, which is insane:

Price: $70.00
Instructor / Organizer: Phil Rodokanakis and Neil Gilstrap
Max Attendees: 256
Date(s):
Fri 9/01/2017 - (Round 1)
09:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Fri 9/01/2017 - (Round 2)
01:30 PM - 04:30 PM
Fri 9/01/2017 - (Round 3)
05:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Sat 9/02/2017 - (Round 4)
09:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Sat 9/02/2017 - (Round 5)
01:30 PM - 04:30 PM
Sat 9/02/2017 - (Round 6)
05:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Sun 9/03/2017 - (Round 7)
11:30 AM - 02:30 PM
Sun 9/03/2017 - (Round 8)
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM
:psyduck:

Looking at the primer is also a laugh, as always. It's 20 pages. e: lol just noticed on the bottom of page 16 is a link to an FAQ which is another 35 pages.

You need to relax dude. What part of this being a chance for cool casual dudes to bro down while chucking dice don't you get? Its about the people, not the high prices of admission, travel, and accommodation. It's about the good times not the punishing schedule, or the tidal wave of rules, or the busted games being played. Seriously, what's your problem?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

To be fair that applies to 40K first and foremost (lumping in Apoc and 30K), followed by AoS. Other GW games aren't quite that bad. (Still not good, but not that bad).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Usually the answer is something like "it's the only game people play" which is still a lousy excuse. No gaming is better than bad gaming.

40k the Monopoly of table top wargaming. It makes alot of sense.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

For those of us that couldn't really tell one white dude in power armour apart from another white dude in power armour even when we did play this awful game; who is this, why should I be screaming like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert, how does this advance the game in new and exciting ways?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

He's the plainest, most boring, most vanilla primarch, from the Ultramarines, and he's the guy half the Marine players hate because Matt Ward's fiction turned him into the 'liege lord' of every marine, more beloved than any other primarch, even their own sometimes.

Of loving course it is...

It's bland white dude power fantasy all the way down isn't it?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

lilljonas posted:

Wait when did ultramarines turn purple?

"We're not corrupted by Slaanesh, you're corrupted by Slaanesh. We've always been purple. SHUT UP!"

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

They keep using the AoS words for the fantasy races in the Slgmar thread and its really annoying.

They are lizardmen goddammit not seraphon, gah! I shouldn't give poo poo, but I do.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

More like, less aggressively terrible.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

You don't need any of the DLC to get a ton of playtime out of the base factions the game comes with.

That said: did anyone else find the main Empire campaign to be super difficult? At some point the waves of chaos dudes showing up are just overwhelming. Probably I need to try again from scratch. Maybe I'm just bad at games.

You aren't the first that I have heard raise this complaint.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I don't get the hate for metal minis, metal is way easier to work with, more durable and holds better detail than plastic. Plus most plastic minis just don't look as nice. Even Wyrd who are making by far the most dynamic and well sculpted plastic minis still aren't making stuff that looks as good as metals from Anima. It's because plastic just doesn't hold shallow detail well. In metal and resin you can do things like have really fine edges to armored plates or really finely detailed chainmail while in plastic all of that is going to be super soft edges and get lost under primer and base coats unless you do a fair amount of light putty work to beef them up. I mean, Mantic makes ugly rear end minis, but one of their major issues is just how god drat soft the detail is on everything but they are cheap as dirt so who cares? But when you start seeing the exact same issue pop up in premium priced kits from Wyrd and GW doing poo poo like having muddy definition on fingers you have to start thinking it's a weakness of the medium and that these guys need to either start using the harder more brittle plastics that actual high detail plastic model kits use or they need to start thinking about moving more towards resin/restic like PP.

Plastic makes for far easier conversions. I too like metal to paint, but I hate playing with and transporting it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe the OP decided there didn't need to be two threads for making fun of AoS names?

You say that, but the last several posts have involved genuine discussion and criticism. It's not the unbridled fan boy felatio of anything GW does that the fanatics prefer to see, but at least it wasn't the usual trolling.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Well, that's one way to go to Age of the Empire. Rowboat Girlyman decides to say 'gently caress all you other chapters, we're making a whole new legion of Ultramarine successors because they're the only trustworthy ones'.

Cue removing everything interesting about the Spess Mehreens.

Declaring all other chapters heretics could be amusing.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Dr. Gargunza posted:

So I guess we've all been pronouncing it incorrectly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2KqndeepXQ

Ro-boo-tay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RmdAlaOiMw&t=62s

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

It's not working.

I can confirm :china:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Hixson posted:

Why is this thread still here?

It's obvious to anybody who can look at GW with a shred of objectivity (probably not anybody in here) that they are miles ahead of where they were last year. AoS was a resounding success, their community interaction has increased drastically, their newly released models are great, and now they've advanced the story line.

With 8th Ed in the pipe idk how anybody can still have this "Lol gently caress GW" mindset.

You people are delusional. Gas.

So you want us back in the main thread? You are asking us to bring our annoyance, complaints, and criticisms to the "good" thread.

You heard the man lads, lets go gently caress up the hug box.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Saint Drogo posted:

all effortposts should be probatbanable.

ftfy

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Moola posted:

I tried watching it but got bored

I feel like the board should have been half the size

I do find it funny that so many war gamers say they love the story telling and fluff of the game, yet when they play its just rolling and number crunching.

It looks simple enough, and I certainly have enough minis. I will definitely be trying it out at my FLGS because they will be supporting it I'm sure.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

The story comes after the game, when you can talk about how your guy capped a dude through a window, then failed an ammo check and had his bolter blow up and kill him.

I guess. I assume it's part of playing for the camera, that they hurry through everything and just roll-roll-roll so that the video isn't 1.5 hours. It makes the game itself seem less fun.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

How gangly and/or fat are you guys that you're constantly elbowing and gut-pushing your minis "accidentally" around the table? I mean, I've knocked over a mini on occasion when reaching for another that's been placed in a precarious position or something, but you make it sound like you're playing in a room full of banana peels.

Listen pal, my arms are a bit worn out from hoisting and moving these goalposts constantly, so sometimes my hands shake a little when I play with manz. Just accept the fact that X-Wing is worse than 40K, Infinity is worse than 40K, really everything ever is worse than 40K, and we can all get along, alright?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Any of you nerds got a big hard on for Noise Marines?

A guy is selling them locally, but I will ship them wherever if you cover my costs to buy and the shipping.

PMs preferred.

He may have more. I asked him about some allegedly primed noise marines.

3 Chaos noise marine (3 sonic blaster) (metal) 20$CAD
1 Chaos noise marine (Doom Siren) (metal) 10$CAD
1 Chaos noise marine (Champion)` (metal) 10$CAD

(The headless one is being tossed in for free.)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Does anyone else hate the tiny gun shields?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Moola posted:

I bought a board and I'm making a Deadzone board :)

Anxiously awaits board to come out looking like a big ol' cake :D

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Moola posted:

what are you doing?

He's overpaying for sandwiches.

Also who still eats carbs/gluten? Lol.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Rulebook Heavily posted:

It's funny how 8th edition seems smart enough to make me actually interested again, and at the same time the Marine models are at the lowest point I've ever held them at. The basic Primaris is fine but everything else has just been a wash.

I guess I'll just run Harlequins and politely ignore my Grey Knights even harder.

:orks101: You traitorous git!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Moola posted:

Is this post real???

Don't quote him, it defeats having him on ignore. TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Rulebook Heavily posted:

it was clearly two sculpts tacked together lifelessly, I wish they'd devoted some drat attention to it

Gemstones are heavier than feathers.

• Locked thread