Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Not a viking posted:

When can I buy gundams for my 2 year old?

I am playing the long game with mine. Daddy goes out and paints models in a shed with a spinny chair . I keep it a bit mysterious but also let her have a look at my models whilst I am painting. ("Amazing daddy") She also likes looking at models on this forum. I avoid mentioning anything to do with the violence, a lot of models carry sticks and some of them cameras (that was here impression of guys with rocket launchers) . I am posting as she has taken my new copy of the This is Not a Test rule book away to look at the maps (as any map is obviously a treasure map).

Since it is Christmas death thread here are some pictures of my daughter hanging out with me in my shed.

'Painting' on the aforementioned spinny chair

Forging the narrative as GW intended. These dreadnought are kissing. The silver "Obot" is the mummy.

I will enjoy these early years before she learns to resent her nerdy father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Don't worry death thread, there was a counter strike in the 40k thread and thanks to a fairly lazy troll we have had to endure twenty four hours of "why aren't there female space marines... " for the millionth loving time. It turns out we are all dickheads. Who would have thought it?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

JerryLee posted:

the whole GW defenders thing is legit reminding me of the deterioration of a friend's marriage over the past year or so, where every so often they'd tell me about how they'd come to a new understanding over the most recent blowup, things weren't great but they were getting better, just look at [token gestures of improvement or short periods when things weren't so bad]

This is an interesting perspective. Occasionally the tone of this thread reminds me of individuals I have encountered who after a break up will obsess about their ex-partners rather than moving on. Often they have been on the receiving end of the shittier, less committed member of the relationship which is fair enough but really, rather than talking about what Stephanie is up to and why she will never survive at her new job because she is just hopeless with money and the next guy that goes out with her is going to have such a lovely time when he finds out what a bitch she is, just delete her number, unfriend her in facebook and move on chum. Stop talking about her for five minutes and you might find there are plenty more fish in the sea and you feel better and less bitter all the drat time.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 1, 2017

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

JerryLee posted:

I mean there's a grain of truth to this but for the metaphor to be complete you'd also need to be regularly encountering your ex out in public/social situations and them to still be doing 90% of the poo poo that made you (and plenty of others) fall out with them in the first place, which IMO makes it more reasonable to be thinking/gossiping about them

I would still be telling that dude to sever...

Also to drag the analogy out it would also involve the guy telling other people who quite liked Stephanie that she was terrible and at times almost implying that they were mindless idiots for continuing to be her friend.

Also he starts an internet thread about when she is going to die and looking forward to that.... and that is the end of the metaphor.

I can also see your metaphor but wonder if it is more equivalent to a couple who are stuck in a relationship where things are comfortable to the point of stagnation. The relationship is chugging along, the sex happens, the routine is set up, the spark perhaps for many is gone and they are just going through the motions. Maybe you would be happier with someone else, someone sleeker, sexier and more exciting but you know what that is a big leap in the dark and is it really that bad where they are at and some are just too old to face the dating seen and all that wearing in of a relationship? And it can't be denied that it is still fun.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Skeleton walks into fantasy cantina.
Bartender: I'm sorry, we don't serve your kind here.
*points at lack of belt*
But my friend ash cans said...
*points at the door with the sign clearly written in bold letters*

No belt, no skin, no service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Pyrolocutus posted:

There was this really cool Hell Dorado model that I was thinking about using for an Inquisitor back when I thought I'd be playing 40k at least a little. Then I found out the product line had folded like a year previous :(

The models for Hell Dorado were excellent. I had this same experience. I can't recall what the puppeteer model was called but for me it was that one and the gluttony models. I also got the big wrath model.

I had to go to Noble Knight games who are based in the U.S. who stock a lot of out of print stuff. If you are in the States that is probably easier but for me in the UK in was expensive. I don't regret it though because the models are great!

• Locked thread