Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
We played the first act of the second edition last summer and we had a blast. I had fun cock blocking the heroes with a shadow dragon and the players had a good time winning the campaign by planting a throwing knife in the eye of the main bad guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Yeah who the gently caress needs relationships and kids eh?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

ijyt posted:

This thread likes to blame everyone but themselves. :staredog:

Maybe a better way to put it is "not everyone wants to prioritize table top games enough to be able to play all the games, and therefore would make a hard decision as to which one to play. In which case, they might choose one that doesn't take so much time and money to spend and provide the most amount of "fun" [gently caress I said it didn't I] per time and money spent"

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

I want more settings to run with the idea that humans are the actual orcs. We can glue or staple lacerations shut. We can sow back on our several digits and limbs. We can swap organs. Hell, some of our organs can even regenerate on their own. We find incredibly dangerous though functional ways to field repair equipment. We're entirely willing to strap ourselves into experimental vehicles just to see if they work. We largely only have the faintest idea of how anything we use works but everything is so intuitive that most people can figure out the function of a tool just by using it, and they may even discover new and novel applications for the tool in the process.

We should be absolutely incomprehensible and terrifying to other sentient species.

Wasn't this basically a speech by one of the aliens in Star Trek? How humans were so useful and still terrifying because we would send a nuke through a worm hole just to see what happens.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Also these

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

The belt is animated by gearomancy

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Ilor posted:

I played Infinity last night.

I played it a few nights ago as well! Got in two games in less than four hours so I was pretty satisfied.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Bistromatic posted:

Bureaunauts

That looks pretty cool! I might spend some of the money I save by not buying GW stuff and the time not spent on raising kids, working and playing Infinity and buy that game.

Frostgrave was a real let down when I realized my Muscle Wizard was really poo poo at the game :(

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 21, 2017

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

You don't know what you're missing, something something.

I meant those two hours every week I don't spend on them 😬

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

The timing makes me think Ronnie still have some trusted sources at GW.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

The tyranids are returning to their home planet, because their home planet needs them

Note: The Tyranids died on the way back to their home planet

Where is that from anyway? Mork and Mindy?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Yes, yes they do. The key thing here is information, dude. Everyone knows a new car is going to come out next year. But unlike the rules for a game, the new car isn't going to severely cut into the ability of people who bought the old car to keep driving it.

GW's new game rules invalidate stuff they were selling at full price weeks ago. The people who paid full price for those products were essentially lied to. It's a lie of ommission. GW could have announced 6 months ago that their next edition of 40k would not be backwards compatible with existing rulebooks. They had to have known by then. By not announcing it, and continuing to make and sell products for an edition about to be obsoleted, they are decieving their customers for profit.

Car companies and phone companies are not comparable. They are not deceiving their customers to sell products at full price knowing that those products' utility will soon be seriously undercut by their next product which they have been developing for a year in secret.

Read his nickname aloud

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Gumdrop Larry posted:

My copy of Runewars came today and I look forward to putting the miniatures together and seeing both if it is any good, and if so is it gooder than Warhammer

A guy at my club is bringing it this week. I'm not going to buy into a new game, but I'm really curious to see how it plays.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I really really like Infinity if you want a sci-fi skirmish game with cool rules and mechanics (it's always your turn!).

Also I like butts.

E: and no, it doesn't have a campaign system per se, but that's fine because they always make one army snowball

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 25, 2017

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

Mantic learned to sculpt?!?0

And paint!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Star Saga is Mantic space Descent.

You might also call it their space Dungeon Saga, hence the name.

I really like that there are a lot of different looking aliens, like in their Dreadball game.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

:lol: Yeah after getting the starter box, my friend and I realized that just like Descent, it's just a testing platform for a future L5R game which we'd rather play instead.

The game is still better than AOS so i don't know what you're on about

L5R?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Where have the trolls from the 40k thread gone?

*checks 40k thread*

Oh.

OH

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Except they wouldn't have to do that. They've released improved and redesigned kits in the past and no one complained, mainly because the new kits didn't invalidate existing models. All they'd have to do is let people continue using their old models (like they're doing now) and present these as the new designs for 8th Edition.

Problem with that is that with the increase in stats and points, people would have bigger armies than they already had.

This way, people who try to proxy their tinymarines for bigmarines will be looked down on for lack o WISYWYG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

The poorhammer 40k compromise: model your smolmarines with stilts

So is it smolmarines and swolemarines?

• Locked thread