Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

Talk me through this. You've copied and pasted posts from dumb fans on a dumb rabid 40k forum, passed them off as your own, and because people argued with the dumb opinions that means those people are not objective yadda yadda

I don't think I understand the logic. Mostly it's funny when people fall for it because hahaha they're earnestly arguing with fake posts but posting this poo poo for ten pages probably says more about you guys than the thread.
Does it? I'll be honest, I got to the point where I was barely reading the posts I was pasting in here and I know I was including all sorts of contradictory bullshit. We even resorted to quoting space wolf posters and their weird RP gimmick at one point. gently caress, I used a post that cited a completely unrelated Navy study about destroyers. And yet, people still tried to respond in good faith and argue with our nonsense. Over and over again despite posters such as yourself trying to call us out on it. B&C is a treasure trove of awful 40k posting and it took very little effort to find new content that vaguely said what we wanted.

This whole ordeal, experiment, or whatever it may have been really highlights the dogged determination of the death thread to stick to its gimmick. Y'all need some objectivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Canada's not on par anymore. :laffo:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

They looked into the abyss and the abyss looked back. Of course, now that the thread stopped taking their bait, things have gone quiet because we recognize that GW hasn't done anything particularly egregious in the last week.
How smug can you get about a TG thread? The abyss? :laffo:. Y'all bit on B&C copy and pastes for two days without realizing it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Age of Sigmar:
    invalidated all existing books
    completely destroyed the universe
    killed almost all the existing characters
    radically changed the gameplay, from rank and file to 40k style
    had all the existing factions take a back seat to terrible new factions, the Sigmarines and the bloodbound

so far, 8th edition
    invalidated all existing books

And they haven't blown up the universe, haven't killed any characters, and the logo for 8th is Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines, so no new terrible factions front and center.

If you guys think this is Age of Sigmar, then I'm not sure what wouldn't qualify as Age of Sigmar for you.
This is not EXACTLY Age of Sigmar so therefore no comparisons may be made? Hahahaha, gently caress off with that.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

By "everyone" you mean like four or five posters and the hilarious part was I guess them arguing with believable, commonly-found crap opinions that, woah, here's the big joke, didn't belong to the people posting them! But were completely within the bounds of what actual real posters have posted, so... yeah, good job pretending to believe things other people believe, for effect!
I forgot about the time the 40k thread devolved into Space Wolf RP posting.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Somebody at the local game shop I was at this past weekend handed my a flyer for an upcoming even that had, among other things, a Munchkin tournament. I cannot easily imagine a more miserable, pointless experience than playing in a Munchkin tournament
A Munchkin tournament sounds like some sort of suicide pact.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

And I am too chained to a company's gravity to ever contemplate deviating from their perfectly crafted jewel like wonders of games!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

try posting about stuff you dont like in the 40gay thread and see what happens
An honest discussion? :confused:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

So are BigTanks a thing alongside BigMarines?

Not yet. Those are just Warhammer World exclusive kits for a pair of command tanks. Nothing new, they've been around for a while.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pawl posted:

GW is Not Bad but I'm not sure I'm ready to call them Good yet

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttttt

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pawl posted:

Death Thread thinks GW is good...

2017 is certainly an interesting year
Nah, it's the incongruity of your statement combined with your incessant promoting of Age of Sigmar in the 40k thread.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Crosspostin'

Safety Factor posted:

How to calculate the points cost of a Thunderfire Cannon in 8th edition, by Games Workshop, age 42:
Thunderfire Cannon - 28 points base
Thunderfire Cannon (weapon) - 30 points

Techmarine Gunner - 36 points base
A servo-harness isn't a separate wargear item, but it's known to be two servo arms, a flamer, and a plasma cutter
Servo arm - 12 points
Servo arm - 12 points
Flamer - 9 points
Plasma cutter - 7 points

(28+30) + (36+12+12+9+7) = 134

:laffo:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you typed outrage when the word youre looking for is mild amusement, mostly at the way you and some others keep carrying the flag for gw in spite of their lovely practices. my emotional investment in 40k is quite a bit lower than yours, probably due to not having spent thousands of dollars on stuff for it. i get why you want to defend gws honor in vain pointlessness against people you dont know and will never meet, because youve wrapped a substantial amount of your own identity up in their products

but someone criticizing a company you like isnt a personal attack on you, and if you wanna shell out hundreds of bucks on the rules for a single game, then live your truth my man. i just wont be walking down that road with you :)
Do you, like, not know how to capitalize or use apostrophes or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

do you not understand what i typed without those things? if not, then perhaps my posts arent for you friend. the ignore button awaits your click
I think typing competently might help you get your points across. You wouldn't look like an idiot child and people might actually read your well thought out posts. :shobon:

No guarantees though.

• Locked thread