Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
One of my coworkers convinced me about a week ago to finally get a game of 40k in with him, and I forgot all the little things that can make the game such a slog to get through.

-His usual opponent and him play at 2500 points "so they can put in as many toys as possible". I tried talking him down to 1850 but he built a 2000 list anyways. Me with a gunline ork list and him with an elite chaos force. And by elite I mean 'with almost every possible upgrade I can throw on these guys'
-It's amazing how many times we had to reference just how to move our guys. Can the chaos landraider fire all it's weapons if it moves a full 12"? How does fast work on vehicle weapons? Etc, etc. I had to reference the tank shock section a few times since he swore it was instant death to whatever was charged usually.
-His rulebook had important sections tagged off with yellow sticky-notes, and the reference section in the back has a good chunk of what we needed. Despite that, so much time wasted flipping back and forth to search for rules.
-We played for 8 hours and got to the end of turn 3. No major breaks or such besides the usual gaming banter. 8 hours. 3 turns.
-Orks still have their fun moments at least. I think my Big Mek has teleported himself through his own SAG in about 80% of my games with one
-Someone explain to me all the rules Abaddon ends up with because even my opponent forgot most of them during the match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Leperflesh posted:

https://www.gofundme.com/medical-bills-for-crash-the-cat

I resisted gofundme's demands to link to facebook: even though every one of them said it was just to get my photo, the fine print says it's actually to scrape up and spam all of my contacts and store other facebook info etc. There is no "just upload a photo of me" option that I can find, it's hoover up my Facebook or nothing.

If anyone wants to verify that I'm who I say I am or whatever, send me a PM, or email me at my user name at gmail.com, I can provide that. Please don't doxx me.

We've decided to call the cat Crash.

They kept him overnight, so I'll be bringing him home in a couple hours. I expect to be able to post some good photos of a cat with a shaved jawline and visible surgical wiring or something, I don't really know what to expect exactly.

Thanks everyone who has offered to donate, and I apologize to those of you who are irritated by injured cat rescue operations in the GW death thread. You can go back to posting your ironic reposts or whatnot.

Way to go goons! Here's hoping you find a good home for Crash

• Locked thread