Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A friend got me Total War: Warhammer for Christmas. I find it super boring and terrible but it did remind me how much I missed the Old World with its terrible lore and lovely rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I wasn't reading the thread when that General's Handbook dropped. Any hilariously over or under costed points in there? Like a below average Orc character costing twice as much as a Chaos Lord?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

lilljonas posted:

I don't think that anyone in this thread would bother to pick it up. The players who actually play AoS are in the AoS thread.

Yeah but that thread is supposed to be a hugbox like the bad thread. Every few pages someone gets mad about the shitposting.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Everyone who plays the game normally are the REAL shitposters.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Just saw someone with one of those GW Repair Tools attached to their wallet lmao

I'm glad you finally got your bathroom mirror replaced!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Moola posted:

this post reads like you watched the Rouge one video and then absorbed it as your opinion

Can skeletons even wear makeup?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

Miniatures game. Imperial assault got FFG in hot water because they came too close to a board game something or other. Hasbro is the only company allowed to make Star Wars board games.

... Then what is Rebellion?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I once bought a blister of Flayers and a Necron Lord. I also had an old gray core book, fourth or fifth edition, and the Sisters of Battle codex.

That's the deepest I've gone into 40k.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Skeleton King posted:

Let me tell you about Murderfang "Murderfang" Murderfang, from planet Murderfang, lord of both murder and fang. His favorite weapons are his murderclaws, which are claws that are used to murder.

None of this is made up.

http://astrachaoswolf.blogspot.com/2014/07/40k-rules-review-space-wolf-dreadnaught.html?m=1

Don't forget his Murderlust rule.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ugleb posted:

GW will not rest in their quest to copyright all of the things. Even if they probably shouldn't.

If it isn't true then it is a completely credible hoax.

Much like when serious gaylord photoshopped a big Fantasy model onto a round base to try and prove a point; there was precedent for it and there was no reason not to believe they were going to round bases, so his point was lost.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

Serious Gaylord at least admitted he was wrong and joined the death thread after they evaporated brettonia

That poor man was broken by GW's betrayal.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Didn't Fantasy have some models/units that didn't make the jumps between editions? I can't think of any but could swear there were.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's pretty telling that everyone who has something positive to say about the new eldar leaks and models prefaces it with "I'm not an Eldar player but..."

"I wasn't a Fantasy player but.."

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Irate Tree posted:

Unrelated but: Who wants to bet that For Honor is going to die on the vine because of loving uplay? Seeing sponsored streamers unable to play your game, because your connection service is broken, is pretty embarrassing.

Uplay continues to be the worst part of Ubisoft games but some of their in game bugs compete pretty well.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Eighth edition 40k? Didn't they just rush 7th out last year or the year before? :psyduck:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Why is the AoS thread closed? Did this thread win the roll to go twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone I used to play Fantasy with finally bought up all my leftover models and books.

I'm free, after 14 years.

• Locked thread