Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

quote:

Guaranteed first turn
Guaranteed to be in range of anything he wants in turn one due to 12" deployment zone + 16" movement + 16" weapon range
Guaranteed dice results from Destiny Dice
Guaranteed wounds from Mortal Wounds because Dwarves have no mitigation against them

NARRATIVE FORGED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Basically it's Alice McGee's fairytales. There's more than a few comparisons to Malifaux's Neverborn that got the Warmahordes thread defensive about but aren't unwarranted.

Personally I'm kind of torn. The models themselves are good but the paint jobs are a bit too pastel for the setting so that, even though they fit into the Iron Kingdoms setting nicely, they feel counter to the look and feel of Warmahordes.

I get the gut feeling that if Privateer Press' Descent clone was more successful we'd be seeing them as as an expansion to that instead.

That said, the center piece warcaster is Not-Baba Yaga riding a robotic chicken hut, which is awesome.

Isn't there already one of those in the Not Russia faction?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thirsty Dog posted:

On holiday in NZ a few years back I stayed with a couple of horse riders who were part of the ride of the rohirrim :black101:

Weren't most of them played by ladies wearing beards? :heysexy:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Civil War and Winter Soldier were good regardless of meta plot haters vacate.

Barudak posted:

Star Wars prequels are good, all of them are better than The Force Awakens.

The best Star Wars movie is the throne room bits in Return of the Jedi and the worst Star Wars movie is almost literally everythig else in that movie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=agcc7w8YmHo

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 24, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Atlas Hugged posted:

Bad wargaming is better than no wargaming

See how this is madness?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TTerrible posted:

The latest Blood Angel codex disagrees.

What are you some kind of WAAC gamer in Age of Emperor you can just bring whatever look fun and just have a gentlemans agreement with your opponent about it. If you guys have a disagreement just dice off for it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Who will be the new Serious Gaylord?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skinty McEdger posted:

Highlights of the 40k thread right now are SG showing up to tell them it will all end in tears and Greenmarine posting to confirm he closed the AOS thread because it wasn't enough of a hug box.

I lol'd too. I mean nevermind the cool bat rep that TKIY posted here where he went over the things he did during the game and mistakes they made with pictures.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 10, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheHoosier posted:

Man i'd love to play one of these games but I'm afraid i'd spend the money and A) get frustrated halfway through and stop painting or B) not be able to find a game. There's a group I know of that plays AoS and Warmahordes, but KoW seems like such a better investment of money. Sigh. The closest i've come to playing these was the Dark Vengeance 40k box. I painted all of the Chaos minis and some of the Space Marines. I played maybe two games.

Invest in an airbrush and play a skeleton faction my duder

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I think the package it comes in also looks like a take out box

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Top knots are still bad

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

naked space marines but because of all that genetic engineering stuff they just look like ken dolls with occasional some cyborg poo poo

Isn't that what the AoS Khorne bloodpooper faction is without the cybertech?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Look at the muscularity! /the bard

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

I don't know why, but I always assumed those guys with the scrolls in the background were fighting over their place in the queue.

The worlds those crop reports they are trying to file were destroyed by Orks a thousand years ago

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Those dorfs are pretty dorky and I like that about them but they don't fit the BLOODGRIM theme AoS has. They are also covered in random poo poo that makes them look super busy but that is GW norm now. They would have been a candidate for just paint project if they weren't undoubtably ludicrously over priced.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TKIY posted:

They aren't steampunk they use magical gasses or some poo poo.

Isn't steam in their literal name?

Even if it wasn't the zeppelins and clockwork birds and top hats is clearly trying to ape steampunk

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TKIY posted:

Honestly I don't even know anymore. They are called something overlords but are they Steamhead Duardin or not?

BEHOLD THE AGE OF SIGMAR

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Aether-gold? So magic metal gas? They harnessed their farts?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Why do the magic fart dorfs have ork rules?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Avenging Dentist posted:

I couldn't give less of a poo poo about combat in D&D though. For me, entering combat is a sign that things went seriously off the rails. While I know 4e lets you do other stuff, it never felt quite close enough to AD&D to me so the nostalgia is ruined. At that point I might as well pick a game that's closer to the kinds of stuff I really like (Torchbearer seems really up my alley).

It's a hard problem because, as a business, you obviously want to use the D&D name but you're forced to grapple with either keeping the original flavor (and what that constitutes varies from person to person) or making a good game that throws away all the busted parts. Unfortunately, I dislike nearly every element of D&D (classes, levels, D20-based skill rolls, etc) except when it hits the nostalgia center of my brain.

That's an odd way to view DnD since it started as a war game where the players can pretend to be an elf. Combat is part of DnDs bones

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
A turd so perfect they want to give it to fans again

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What happens when your opponents fun comes from "wacky" events like eliminating your army?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Death Thread falling for it like a 17 year old falling for a GW release

TKIY posted:

When I said 'Ban Me' what I meant was 'I really want a Bahn Mi'.

:yeah:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
And They Shall Know No Fear Of Getting Sigmar'd is a army wide rule for 40K hams

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ijyt posted:

Sorry to see you go, dude.

Seriously. I hate seeing people get so disillusioned with something they love that they decide to just drop it.

I wasn't having a go at you. Didn't want to imply any personal enmity. (That and I don't remember exactly how it went ;))

Hopefully you follow the development of the story and find something you want to come back for.

I look at my warhammer fantasy armies (Tomb Kings and WoC) sitting in their cases and play Total Warhammer then look at Age of Sigmar. Then I get sad. Then I go fiddle with my air brush as I practice on sweet robot anime butts in Infinity and I'm less sad

I intentionally don't post in any of the other GW threads because I don't really have anything constructive to say about Fantasy as I'm still legit mad (probably stupidly so) about what happend to WFB and if people are enjoying and making a earnest attempt at enjoying I don't want to piss in their cereal t

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 30, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Avenging Dentist posted:

In all honesty, Overwatch's design has made me warm a bit to Infinity's design, but one of the things I really like about Overwatch is the huge amount of stylistic variety in the heroes.

To me Overwatch is cyberpunk poured through The Incredibles lens while Infinity is more or less straight cyberpunk

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ijyt posted:

You're in luck actually, GW is releasing something that should be very useful to you. You can use the new Citadel Saw set to remove the illegal weapon choices and replace them with new ones from the recent kits.

Lol come on man you have to be more subtle

In other news I ordered my Fat Yuan Yuan and cannot wait to get my neckbeard tubby merc rolling a crit on some take out chinese

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 30, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Never forget

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Broken Record Talk posted:

Well, AoS is a new system starting a new mythos from scratch. People didn't let it grow, like everything it needs time to do so.

Hence the huge clamour of "it's shallow". It WAS.
Things are getting into shape. Yes, I follow it quite closely.
It left behind most of the Tolkienesque inspiration, for good or

AoS didn't spring out of a vacuum. They shat all over an existing game and setting then tossed it into the dumpster. People still feel a little raw about it and find some dark humor in watching it happen again.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mango Polo posted:

This makes me hard- Bad Moon

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All Broccoli is a genetically modified as it does not occur in nature in its current form.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I was being serious :(

Just cause the mods occurred over centuries and not by some nerd in a lab doesn't make it not genetically modified and any such blanket dislike is dumb and misinformed

There are plenty of reservation you can have about the surrounding issues but eating a tomato because somebody slapped a different label on it is like come on man

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 30, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
So people do like the butts in Infinity!

Wait so we're the bird and hyena pics trolls too?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ijyt posted:

Ghost in the Shell 2017 was very good.

Good to hear

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheChirurgeon posted:

Not debating that, just that they have made statements that it isn't AoS for 40k. Although the fact that the next release is "8th edition" and not "new game title" is pretty telling.

They also said all your old armies would be around in the glorious age of Sigmar

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
LF I'm glad your cat won't be a financial burden to your household and has its best shot of survival.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

If you can have fun with a thing, there must not be any other thing that is better.

If someone says there's a better thing, that is clearly an attempt to invalidate your fun you had. They're just haters. Or perhaps they are mentally ill. I mean why would anyone want to discuss things? Talking about different aspects of things, what makes them better or worse, that's all just pathetic and worthy of ridicule.

Over and over. Be sure to ridicule people discussing things. They're so sad. Right?

This but unironically for my favorite sports teams

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

This is disingenuous. The whole point of this thread, and it's not infrequent sorties into the 40k thread, is to obsessively sneer at people who enjoy something, and try to belittle and, ultimately, spoil that enjoyment. Telling people there is something they might like is a million miles away from telling people they don't like what they like. The latter seemingly being this thread's raison d'etre.

We mostly used it as a TG chat thread and occasionally chuckle over dumb poo poo GW did. That ratio changes depending on how bad/not bad the latest GW thing is. The steam punk dorfs got a split of people liking them and disliking them and we managed not to descend into skull splitting cannabilism till people came in to tell us how awful we are for not enjoying GW. Also how does it spoil other people's enjoyment when we us this thread specifically to not tread in other threads where people who enjoy those games are :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Death Thread tell me about Descent. I see a poo poo load of boxes of it at the board game store and have heard different things about it.

• Locked thread