Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

As far as I'm aware, Celestine takes on the one with more topknots than arms, and beats him, but gets pretty hosed up in the process and was last seen recuperating, ready for the next End Times novel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Because I meant to post this here and not the bad thread

SteelMentor posted:

Some new terrain with Eldar ruins on the way.

This horrendous poo poo is 80 pounds, or for some unknown reason $220 loving dollarydoos, because what's an exchange rate?

I could get 2 of everything here for $244 dollarydoos and cover 2/3 of a table with an infinitely better looking attempt at the same Eldar ruins concept, as just one example

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Age of Mary Sue

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

For those of us that couldn't really tell one white dude in power armour apart from another white dude in power armour even when we did play this awful game; who is this, why should I be screaming like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert, how does this advance the game in new and exciting ways?

He's the plainest, most boring, most vanilla primarch, from the Ultramarines, and he's the guy half the Marine players hate because Matt Ward's fiction turned him into the 'liege lord' of every marine, more beloved than any other primarch, even their own sometimes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I recommend Deadzone 2E Starter, and then in a few months Operation Heracles

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vyper uses the ring mount like the Wave Serpent, while War Walkers and HWPs use the slot mount. Seems pretty stupid when the weapons are otherwise all the same.

Irate Tree posted:

Also, plastic Aspects when?

lol never. Aspects are gonna get squatted, just you watch.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The story was confirmed as 100% true by goon Helen Highwater, who worked in GWHQ at the time

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Total War: Warhammer is a gift game on the humble monthly thing this month

Pay $12 a month 1, 3, 6, or 12 months at a time and you get a bundle of "$100 of curated games", plus right now

While you wait for the rest of the bundle, start playing right away!
When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive a copy of Total War™: WARHAMMER®

Subscribe before March 3 to receive the next bundle and immediately get a copy of Total War™: WARHAMMER®!

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Good way to get it if you haven't already

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

LordAba posted:

To me his face looks like an angry grandma more than Joffrey, but I can see it.

Robot Guilemon is Granny Goodness, you heard it here first

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chill la Chill posted:

Stay safe, thread bunny!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The eye of terror opened up here today

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also in my city of Adelaide, which is near the centre of the eye, we had an earthquake this morning that woke me up, second in 9 days, and only the third one I can ever recall.

:psyduck:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Irate Tree posted:

I... wasn't aware Australia ever got earthquakes? o_O

We do, we just don't get particularly strong ones, mostly they're the kind that only animals notice

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Guy Goodbody posted:

It sounds like if you combined Mantic and GW, you'd have a pretty good company. Maybe GW should buy Mantic.

That's like suggesting that if Dominos bought your local independent pizza joint, they'd start making good pizzas, when in reality they'd gut it, and turn it into a normal Dominos outlet selling those lovely grease disks they call pizzas for $5

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They're $5 down here, and they got pinged in the media this week for breaking all kinds of labor laws, ie because corporate declared that wages could not be more than 27% of profits in a fortnight, managers were ordered to go back through the books and remove hours people had already worked, so they didn't get paid for them. Also scamming them out of penalty rates, paying below minimum wage, etc, all while making $600 million profit pa for the shareholders and putting everyone else out of business with the $5 pizzas.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Yeah, May 2014 for 7th, after 6th only came out in June 2012

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cat Face Joe posted:

With with the right equipment pinning is super easy. It deffo follows the old adage of "measure twice, cut once" though.

And then get it wrong anyway because pinning is finnicky and stupid and multipart metal minis can go back to 1980 where they belong

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Metal is not easier to work with, it's stupid, too heavy, doesn't glue properly, and paint comes off of it way too easily just by touching it while trying to move it to varnish it, especially on geometric edges. It's far and away the worst mini material. Styrene plastic is absolutely the king of minis and model kit making.

Also pinning is not easy, it's hard as gently caress to get a tiny little drill bit to line up on a tiny little joint on a tiny little piece of mini when neither the part nor the drill stay steady because I'm not a neurosurgeon, and the drill always misses, goes in off angle, or goes too far.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 15, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Just to be clear, Styrene plastic is king, but metal is far better than restic. If you have never had to work with restic, count yourself lucky.

I've used styrene plastic, resin, restic of several formulas, and metal, and I rank metal the worst of the lot.

The only use I accept for metal is in 15mm single piece minis, like flames of war infantry, but even then plastic is better.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The point is that you shouldn't have to pin because multipart metal kits are a terrible idea.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ugleb posted:

Bets on who gets it next?

Hasbro

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Firestorm: Planetfall has a more fantastic sci-fi aesthetic at the same scale

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ashcans posted:

Huh, hadn't seen this. How does it play? I was passingly interested in the base Firestorm game, but never actually got going on it because I have no friends.

Never played it, jut know of it; review says it uses alternate activations, but armies are constructed form multiple groups called helixes, and when you activate one unit, you have to activate every other unit in the same helix before you can use one in another helix

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

LordAbaddon posted:

I'd like to thank this thread. I've been looking at Ironjawz models because I like their look (studio paint scheme sucks admittedly) and getting the urge to build an army but the litigating of the terrible terrible rules in this thread is helping to talk me off the ledge.

Another lost goon saved! :hfive:

The death thread recommendation is to find some Ork minis you like, and use them to play Kings of War.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

GW fans are the same as WWE fans who don't know, or refuse to believe, that wrestling is not a real sport

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I got TW:WH from humble bundle, chose Empire in the grand campaign, and died during the tutorial phase. I remember now I'm pretty bad at TW games.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

mcjomar posted:

I haven't even installed yet.
I keep hearing people accuse it of being a good game.

I was doing ok on my second try, then I lost my only captured city while doing a super important quest battle, and it was subsequently defended so strongly I couldn't take it back; then while going for a weaker city some beastmen walked right up to me, and apparently that's an ambush :confused: which resulted in my troops getting loving whipped. They then auto-retreated in the direction of my ex-city, at which point the defenders left en masse, because it was their turn before my next one, and ambushed the remnants and lol gently caress if I didn't just quit so I can go back to my last save tomorrow.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

was your army in forched march?

I went my max move distance if that's what you mean, didn't know that meant I could be auto ambushed.

Went back to an earlier save, and now I've managed to conquer Reikland, though really the defenders in the final city easily had the strength to break my siege at any time, they just never tried. I'm guessing I now need to conquer all of the other provinces I can see in order to reform the Empire, before moving on to the unmarked swirly poo poo beyond those coloured borders.

Atlas Hugged posted:

God gently caress Games Workshop and their loving toxic culture. A guy posted a gorgeous Ork army on the FLGS Facebook group and I asked if he'd be interested in playing some Firefight with them as proxying a Marauder army with an Ork one should be pretty straightforward. He replied that he wasn't interested in mixing minis and that "one man's meat was another man's poison".

gently caress games.

I think the saddest part is that he'll be able to find a game of 40k any time he wants no problem, when really with that attitude he deserves to sit alone at a set out table while everyone else plays other games.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chill la Chill posted:

The half-assed political system of the Rome 2 Greek campaigns was annoying. Who wants to have to assassinate their best general just because he was from a different political party? :mad:

Populares > Optimates

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

In my personal experience, engineering students were unrepentant alcoholics, drinking to survive, who'd tell you anything you wanted in exchange for a beer when the Uni Bar opened at midday Friday, and would make some poo poo up in writing to go with it if you put on a house party and a couple slabs on Saturday

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Xarbala posted:

Sounds like my kinda people

My kinda people too, hence the wealth of personal experience... that is now over 10 years ago, gently caress :negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

theres almost as many acronyms in dumb gw games as there are in the military

40k has nothing on X-Wangs for nicknames and acronyms that are completely indecipherable to newbies, they speak a foreign language in that thread

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The rules for Warpath are up for preorder with an April 22 ship date, available in a Warpath + Firefight + Sourcebook compendium for 30 brexit dollars, which is pretty good, or available in 15 brexit dollar singles and the 50 or 100 brexit dollar starter sets. New vehicles aren't up yet, but I expect the standard Mantic discounted triples to return in the near future, I figure they're rebuilding stock.

I have the PDFs for loan if anyone wants to read with intent to buy on liking them.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 9, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

None of the other chapters are getting squatted of course because you'll be able to use them in Forge World's 30k game! :downs:

Chill la Chill posted:

What the? Space knights would be :krad: and go with retro wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdTo29dlnE

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ashcans posted:

Am I crazy or was there some sort of 80s cartoon where people rode flying robotic horses but had lances and stuff to do space jousts with? Because that would be rad.

I will settle for someone turning on an Iron Men machine and it churning out ROMs, though.

food court bailiff posted:

I feel like there was at some point, but even right now there's this whole LEGO Nexo Knights thing that also fits that sort of aesthetic.

Seriously, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdTo29dlnE

I have no idea if this was on where you are, probably not if you're in the states because this was a kiwi show, but it's off the charts nostalgia for my childhood here in Arrakis Australia

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 10, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atlas Hugged posted:

This is why I like Deadzone. You can learn to play in about 5 minutes.

Also Mantic are doing a skirmish game later this year on KS, alternately referred to as Fantasy Deadzone or not-Mordheim. Combining the factions/minis (plus new hard plastic troop sprues funded with it) from Kings of War and the pedigree of Deadzone as a ruleset should make for a good skirmish game, but it won't be at retail until 2018.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Not a viking posted:

Finally a place to use the old mordheim ruins!

Amongst other things no doubt!

And to answer the... naysayers before they ask, yes it's another Mantic KS; yes, they really could fund the development and printing of the new rulebook out of pocket, and even some new resin/metal characters they can now produce in house, but the real reason they're going to KS is to use the preorder money to fund the production of as many new/replacement hard plastic troop sprues for Kings of War as they think they can get, and probably some terrain as well. Hard plastic moulds are expensive, small companies can't pay for them without a pre-production cash injection (preorder/bank loan/crowdfunding) etc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Chinese recasters

We... we did this, it's our fault :negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Perry's still kickin' goals post-GW

This looks neato

quote:

TravelBattle is a complete table top miniatures game in a box.
It is intended for gamers who have limited space, or those who are traveling on a long journey or holiday and need a gaming fix!
All the playing pieces are made of coloured plastic, and include two 3 dimensional green terrain boards with separate woods, grey buildings and red and blue armies. The size of the miniatures is 8mm.
The two terrain boards are designed to be placed together on any edge, giving the potential for 16 different battlefields. The 1" grid marked on the boards excludes the need for rulers to be used in the game.
The simple rules system should allow a game to played within an hour.
The two armies are generic Napoleonic forces of equal size and composition which make up three brigades for each side. There is a simple painting guide in case you which to enhance your armies and terrain boards.

Contents:
160 x Infantry
24 x Cavalry
4 x Guns and 12 crew
6 x Brigadiers
2 x 10" 3D Terrain boards
6 x Buildings
4 x Dice
1 x Set of rules

£50.00

Minis, terrain, and boards manufactured by Renedra, available to buy in person at Salute

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=3637

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Drone posted:

Yeah that thing looks really cool and I sorta want it, despite having never played a historical before.

Any word on how the rules are? I really only know Perry from the really well-priced models.

Edit: gently caress you could just play Kings of War on there... Mantic wrote rules for smaller 8mm/10mm scale models, right?

They didn't need to, you just take the same rules and scale down the measurements accordingly, or for a full sized table you just put lots of tiny minis in the regular sized bases.

Don't think anyone has seen the Parry rules yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Gotta hand it to GW, they're taking the phrase "over detailed" to a whole other level with every new release

• Locked thread