Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bones Skullshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Southern Heel posted:

It's kind of a shame that Firefight exists but is basically ignored :(

Malibu Stacy got a new hat, unfortunately

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

muggins posted:

To elaborate on Prodos, the dude at the prodos booth was selling AvP stuff CASH ONLY at AdeptiCon. Clearly trying to evade taxes lol

Alternatively they couldn't afford to rent a mobile credit card reader, or didn't think they'd turn enough business to cover the rental cost

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Wait until they release the bigly Rhinos and Predators that are the same size as Landraiders

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Naw, I mean this thing.

Now wait until they release the bigly Landraider the same size as a Mastodon!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Southern Heel posted:

Do you mean Plague by this?

I believe he means the Z'zor; insect people who are a little bit Klendathu bugs, tyranids, and Mass Effect Rachni, and currently only have a Dreadball team, but are somewhere on the list of expansion armies and have been forecast in the fluff, though they have fallen down the order a bit with Nameless coming first.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Terrible Opinions posted:

Making their rule books full color hardbacks is a part of the problem with them.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/books/product/armies-of-mantica-kings-of-war-collection.html

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Much like Pokemon, if you can remember what that was, Star Wars is a passing fad

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bistromatic posted:

Speedraiderback.

The gundamesque missile boxes all over the place are the weirdest thing.

Speedraiderbackwind

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There are now starter, reserve, and mega forces up on sale for the Scunt Lords Chapter. And some other other stuff

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Moola posted:

you saved this page :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

That's an insane deal as far as army bundles go in miniatures games. That's a little over 2 dollars per figure, including 3 Striders, 8 jetbikes and an aircraft. That's a helluva deal if someone's looking to pick up an army on the cheap.

edit: ahahaha, I haven't paid attention to games workshop crap in years. loogiddis poo poo.

$128 USD:

$85 USD:

$411 USD:

boggles the god damned mind how GW is still around.

Also for the same price

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hixson posted:

My favorite ones are the not terminators, the not marines, the not guardsmen, the not thunderfire cannons, the not dreadnoughts, and the not Sicaran

I know Marines have hilariously bad proportions, but these are actually dwarves

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

[Presents 3rd iteration of a large tracked vehicle to a panel of Bigly flag officers]

"That's fine work Magos... say, do you think you could make this thing hover? Get the Marines across a river?"

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 4, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ashcans posted:

Also Pentagon Wars with Cary Elwes about the actual Bradley.

NTRabbit posted:

[Presents 3rd iteration of a large tracked vehicle to a panel of Bigly flag officers]

"That's fine work Magos... say, do you think you could make this thing hover? Get the Marines across a river?"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:allbuttons:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sorry guys my mistake, this is just a fan conversion

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Corrode posted:

Has much come out about the playtesters who were involved? It seems weird that the only people I've heard talked about much were those guys from NOVA or whatever when I can think of like 20 people within a short train journey of Nottingham who used to put together absolutely hateful lists and would have done some excellent playtesting.

Yeah but only getting testing done by top men at NOVA no doubt appeals to the heavily elitist mindset within the company

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Texmo posted:

If the miniatures are garbage, it's kind of a waste of your time (which is arguably more valuable than your money) to bother painting them at all, and if you find the gameplay more important than the spectacle why even bother with miniatures over, say, cardboard cut-out standees like these?

The miniatures aren't garbage, they're just not jewel like objects of wonder that take 30 hours of work per mini to hit all the details to the level the money paid for them demands, in an army of 200 minis.

Also I'd play against that papercraft army.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Texmo posted:

Honestly I'd be fine playing against that army too - it's just that, to me, Mantic models feel like you're paying money to receive a painting chore that will look ugly no matter what, so why spend your money on that instead of just papercrafting?
Those space marines vs warpath comparisons might as well be comparing space marines to those cheap rear end russian miniatures as far as I'm concerned, like, you could buy $100 for a handful of good looking miniatures that are worth spending time painting because you can make them look nice (or at least serviceable with a base color and wash) but GW is actually a rip off because for $100 you could instead buy a ton of ugly garbage.

Except those Mantic Enforcer models are better looking than Space Marines, and the same production quality :shrug:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Texmo posted:

Except for the 'same production quality' part, you either haven't touched a recent GW kit, or have a very interesting definition of 'the same'

The sprues are well designed and manufactured out of a good plastic, which holds the detail well. They're both the same.

How much detail there is on a mini has nothing to do with production quality, rather it is a design decision, and the bucket of extraneous nonsense being tipped into every GW mini by their cad designers is a huge negative to me.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 6, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Mods?!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

lol weebs

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Legend of Galactic Heroes

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Radish posted:

VHS being allowed on Warrior Priests was the stupidest loving thing.

What were they supposed to do, use betamax?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

How dare they I'm big boned :qqsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Haven't read this thread in a while but just dropping in to say basketball is good. Ok bye.

LeBron and KD are good, but Draymond is a little bitch.

Also, how are people not making more out of Harden basically begging for the MVP every interview for the last half of the season? It seems like Americans genuinely aren't noticing how pathetic it is, if a player behaved like that here they'd be smashed before, during, and after the game by fans, players, and pundits alike, and never win anything.

• Locked thread