Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Looks like it's a WHW exclusive which is released on the 2nd. Wonder how faithful it'll be to the original? They say on the page it's based on a 'scan' of the original, not sure whether they mean they OCR'd it or something. https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2016/12/27/from-the-archives-warhammer-40000-rogue-trader/

Still, the mug looks cool and is something I'd likely pick up next time I visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

http://newsthump.com/2017/01/31/peta-demands-that-space-marines-do-more-to-protect-threatened-xeno-races/

“When we’ve got the Emperor on side with this change in the Codex Astartes, we’ll be demanding the Necrons stop wearing flayed human skins unless the humans have voluntarily agreed to the process.”

Simon was about to say more when he was shot in the face for Heresy by Commissar Caiaphas Cain, who immediately received another medal and a parade for his prompt action.rotect-threatened-xeno-races/

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Dice towers are a cheap and easy way to force a bit more randomness into your rolls. Plus, like Captain Rufus said, it speeds up the game to a surprising degree when you're not having to rescue a die that bounced off the table, or rerolling because it came up crooked or all manners of other little delays.

Plus you can get some really cool looking ones, if that's your bag. I've even seen people build them out of bits of scenery.

I like that, I've been thinking of doing something similar with my spare COD bitz.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Southern Heel posted:

gotta be a shop, the base is fractionally higher than the guardsmen - AFAIK base height doesn't vary does it?

I just checked and the new 32mm bases are slightly taller than 25mm ones.

Still, props to GW for attempting to invalidate all those 'truescale' Marine armies out there...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm kind of on the fence with the new Squats Steamhead Duardin. I like the ornate armour and most of the guns, but the doofy baloons don't quite sell it.

Also does AOS really need another 40k faction lost in space?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ashcans posted:

Last, although this kind of loops back to the first, we're making it Space Marines vs. Orks? Really? Thanks for the most boring combination you have only retrod a dozen times. If this is supposed to be the Battle for Armageddon, why the hell isn't it Imperial Guard vs Orks to represent the fall of Hades Hive? That's like a pivotal moment in the narrative and the history of 40k, why wouldn't you showcase it for this instead of whatever bullshit with SM scouts?

It's not IG because those boxes sell. GW is likely sitting on tons of unsold Scouts 'cause a Marine army only needs a couple squads max, as opposed to IG where you need tons of them to effectively blob up.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

wdarkk posted:

Doesn't Spartan have a history of not supporting their stuff?

Yeah, Spartan are pretty bad for continuously starting/announcing new projects instead of focusing on their core games and making sure they're well supported.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

spectralent posted:

Does anyone make mod packs for Good 28mm scale historical tanks to sci-fi them up a bit? Because most sci fi tanks are kinda poo poo, I tend to find. I know dreamforge (IIRC?) do a pack for the hanomag.

Warlord Games kinda do that for their Konflict 47 range. Stuff like https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/konflikt-47/products/m4a9-t-sherman-with-tesla-cannon are their regular 28mm tanks with sci fi zappy turrets.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The only way any of the 40k vehicles work is if you accept they're on a different scale to the infantry and should be at least a good 20-30% bigger, which gives enough room for the crew and their transport capacity.

I mean look at the Ork Trukk. There's no way that thing can hold 12 Boyz at that size (even assuming some hang onto the outside).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

spectralent posted:

Infinity is TITS which doesn't have one of those.

I know it's from a while back, but FTFY.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

Babylon 5 had to drop the giant puppet bug mantis crime lord after season 1 because it looked terrible and was a fortune to film.

Which is ironic because mafia mantis' most memorable line was 'Expensssiveee...'

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Crackbone posted:

Have they revealed any more of their fantastic new ruleset?

Yes, more information can be found in this illustrious document https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-of-Sigmar-Generals-Handbook-ENG

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Unsurprisingly it's already reached it's funding goal.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

So are BigTanks a thing alongside BigMarines?

Is it just me or did they miss the opportunity to have a Stan Lee cameo Marine on that LR?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Games Sweatshop

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I just realised what the new jump guys remind me of:

Now I kind of want to run a single unit in an RA2 themed Guard army...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

anti_strunt posted:

That pretty bad of them; really loved the HD models - one of the few sources for cool fantasy Saracens. What happened?

AFAIK Ninja Division bought the rights for Anima and HD, basically didn't bother distributing it properly, then threw their hands up and said 'welp, these aren't selling well so we're discontinuing them, go buy our anime titty and tentacle rape games instead, lol thx bye.'

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:perfect:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

anti_strunt posted:

wanna explore those depths

Extra View: Booty L2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Advanced Rules section of the book have some different cover rules like walls and hills etc. so it's not as bad as AOS was at the start. Though tbh that's not saying much.

• Locked thread