Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Ettin posted:

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these goons from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fixed. We goons ruin everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Perry's now, Perry's then, Perry's forever.

I feel I want this made into a banner

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Irate Tree posted:

I have finally gotten around to buying the Frostgrave Rulebook and a box of their new Barbarians. I'm excited!

The barbarian box is cool and good.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

LotR is a great skirmish game. If you play at high points values I feel it gets a little clunky and slows down. Otherwise it's pretty easy to pick up and play with tons of more tactics to learn as you go.

To be honest I was hoping Age of Sigmar was going to be the LotR rules ported over to warhammer. I was wrong. :(

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

The concept of LotR upscaling poorly is true. Can't talk about War of the Ring because I've never played it.

Common soldiers usually run in the range of 4-15 points each roughly. A lovely moria goblin is maybe 5 points while a cavalry rider might be something like 14 or 15 points. Soldiers are divided into warbands. A warband can have as many as 12 troops, and must be led by a hero from the appropriate list.

Heroes range from basic captains at around 40 or 50 points up to named heroes like Aragorn who is 170 points plus upgrades. The balrog is 400 points while Smaug is a nice fat 700.

600-700 is the highest value I like to play at. Any more points than that and the battles turn into giant time consuming clusterfucks.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hmm, looks like all that poo poo people here were predicting gw would do, gw decided to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYBL70eReo

I enjoyed the fact that this had 40k views when watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Conan game is both cool and good.

• Locked thread