Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Bad Moon posted:

I think the package it comes in also looks like a take out box

The most accurate mini to the people who play minis games EVER?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

walruscat posted:

I've been away from the hobby for a long time. It's really hard to imagine these are GW's new products. Did they just stop caring or did they lose all their talent? They used to make some really nice looking but overpriced minis.

I dont really get the hate for the models. They could be better but compared to Text to Speech's Kitten they are wanting. The helmets are kinda neat though. Like if the army box was cheap (HA!) I could see getting it to use the Custodes in Space Hulk and taking the vehicle stuff to shore up Loyalist or Chaos builds. Contemptor Dread, Land Raider, and Rhino? Yes sir!

But it won't be because GW. And if I am gonna buy silly minis poo poo I kind of want the new Warpath Mega Starter for ALL THE DORFS, and the FoW El Alamein starter. (But make sure you are looking for the correct El Al. game. There is a card game that is.. well its anime. So very VERY modern anime. )

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

S.J. posted:

He has a loving monocle and a top hat

this owns

I kinda want it. The thing is loving absurdly stupid. But it's so stupid it's AWESOME. Like they couldn't make it more ridiculous if they tried. And I love whoever created these things. I think it's The Producers of Dorf minis.

SPRINGTIME FOR GOTREK!

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Skinty McEdger posted:

Actually I would like those models if the lore was that the steam that powers them is the lingering remains of the lost souls of the dwarves of the old world, the army being made up of cogwork machines that mirrored what the dwarves had been once in life, but were now merely automatons powered by a million grudges that would never be settled.

But it's not so I stick with my "those models are bad" stand point.

That's a loving awesome bit of fluff. Like amazing.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

panascope posted:

Why would I be in pain? I play the finest miniatures game on the market.

It's cool to meet another AT 43 player in the forums! Which factions do you play? I play all of them but Red Blok is my main because I like Space Communists.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'm still reading this most dumb of threads as both pro and anti GW people continue to be partisan dickwads with a side order of copy pasting care posts from what seems to be the most dorky of Retard Van forums or Facebook groups.

And we all know the best minis are from Hell Dorado. But it's not GW so nobody gives a gently caress.

However I have an entire proxy IG force that nobody I played with cared and in fact were wanting me to counts as HARDER than I did. And they were mostly douchebags. That's how little people care if you proxy RIGHT. http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-red-blok-guard-army-or-descent-into.html

As to cheesecake I bought one of those 4 dollar preprimed RPG minis packs Wizkids and Paizo are doing. Because they had a shirtless Monk dude in a pack. I just need to learn to make greenstuff hair so I can have Joe Higashi from Fatal Fury. Except with full pants. Because ordering a single metal Kickboxer mini online for RPGs I won't ever play or run is kind of stupid.

What isn't stupid is GW at least TRYING to improve. It's GW so the odds of them improving in a good or lasting way is low but I am happy they are at least trying. I'm only playing Kill Team right now though and Eldar are pretty rad to the point I won't use my Fire Dragons squad because it ain't even fair against MEQ type forces. My next build is jetbikes and Dire Avengers.

Also I nearly bought Death Masque today but decided even at 10% off I don't really need Harlequins even if I would love em for 2nd ed and the idea of Juggalo Eldar on Murderbikes amuses me. Even with potential buyers for the Deathwatch I have most of the HQs and characters from the box dating to 2nd ed.

Please stop all being knobheads in this thread and have fun pro or con GW.

Also only Leperflesh is allowed to Spergpost because his stuff is enlightening and educational. Or Broken Loose because his nerd rage is both funny to laugh at and kinda true at the same time.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ijyt posted:

I think you're a loving retard if you are surprised a video game plays faster than a physical tabletop game hth

And you are just a poo poo stirring douchebag fur freak who nobody wants in here that I can tell because you are an rear end in a top hat who seems to be another Retard fanboy of a consumer products company who doesn't give a gently caress about anything but your goddamn money. And is butthurt this harmless little thread mocks his precious little ego that is stupidly connected to them. Hth.

And I've been buying GW stuff since I first got Rogue Trader in like the same week I went to see Terminator 2 in the theaters. And just told one store to make sure he got extra Armageddonromundas on because I'm probably gonna buy and inappropriately fondle the box.

God GW fanboys are almost worse than Nintendo fans. If you enjoy thing by rear end in a top hat company loving enjoy it and don't be a little bitch because others don't. Or is your level of self esteem so low everyone just HAS TO LIKE MY THING or you go cry into your Space Marine/Mario humping pillow?

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
For those of you who love GW and arguing it in here I have one super important question:

WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU EVEN IN THIS THREAD?

Like if you are butthurt about our butthurt in a thread that's mostly about shitposting I gotta wonder wtf is up. Can't you just like not come into the thread? Do y'all really think you are sticking it to those big not GW meanies somehow?

Are you just looking to find a safe place to troll but had to self own yourself by scouring Pro GW forums to copy and paste poo poo like you are some sort of GBS political troll in the Trump or Punch Nazi threads?

Help me understand the madness. Cuz this is some wackadoo poo poo that makes zero sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ijyt posted:

Had to read them to know they're boring. :shobon:

http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2008/05/tuesday-game-reports_21.html Mine are the best battle reports. Also I try not to pee in folk's Corn Flakes.

But if ya gotta troll at least do it good maybe? But since we have some newbies in here it means I can share more of my battle report goodness. Instead of going to bad places full of fanboys see some good and pretty gaming!

http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2010/06/epic-system-battle-report-1.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2010/09/at-43-late-september-at-43-battle.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2012/04/8-player-battletech-demo-game-report.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2013/03/warhammer-40k-rogue-trader-styled_21.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2014/11/kickstarter-ogre-battle-report.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2010/06/space-hulk-v3-comic-report.html

• Locked thread