Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

Zaha is in the AFCON too
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. I think England were pretty stupid not to cap him properly. Yeah he's inconsistent but it's clear he's immensely talented.

Hoops posted:

I'm not having a former United player, no loving chance

He barely played for them tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Zaha is poo poo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

I'm not having a former United player, no loving chance

I like that it was him being a united player and not his abject failure to cut it at a top club that turns you off

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Zaha's signing was non-canon imho so Liverpool are welcome to him.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ewar Woowar posted:

I actually quite like the idea of Zaha if I'm honest- he's not especially consistent but when Mane is back he seems like he'd be a devastating player to come off the bench and run at tired defenders. He's probably cost a disgusting amount of money though.

Zaha is probably the worst backup for Mane we could get. Would cost far too much and has no guarantee of an end product.

quote:

Also we really don't need a left back. Milner is honestly one of the best in the league there so it makes no sense to bring someone else in just because Milner is new to the role.

Klopp's made public that he doesn't like the January window, so I'd only expect us to get someone if he's available right now. That being said, there's no harm in bringing that player in now and giving him six months to learn from Milner, especially if Moreno's position is further up the pitch.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
so apparently ronald turned down a 300 million move to China, where he would've made 100 million a year

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
We don't need anybody, we've got Woodburn FFS.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oliwan posted:

so apparently ronald turned down a 300 million move to China, where he would've made 100 million a year

That's a lot of money to launder, fair play to you chinar

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

sassassin posted:

Zaha is poo poo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/814793482116141056

I guess big money transfers of referees to China will probably happen too

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Id consider a move to the chinese super league fan forum but i havent received an offer yet.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Juventus are trying to get Valencia to agree to a "loan" for Simone Zaza which includes an obligation to buy after one appearance. I'm sure that'll go well

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/12/lucas-leiva-underwent-inter-milan-thursday-ahead-january-loan-report/

Lucas may be going to Inter Milan, but I feel like I've seen a version of this story every year since 2012.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

oliwan posted:

Make a guaranteed salary of a fuckton and gently caress your way through Madrid or go to China, maybe get paid a couple times and die of boredom and smog, hmmm

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Make a guaranteed salary of a fuckton and gently caress your way through Madrid or go to China, maybe get paid a couple times and die of boredom and smog, hmmm

Ronaldo is already worth £200m or something silly like that, he doesn't need one last big payday.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I just saw a rumour that boro were after fuckin Anderson hahaha please god no

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bape Culture posted:

I just saw a rumour that boro were after fuckin Anderson hahaha please god no

Ah the heady days of when United fans genuinely sang the verse "and he shits on Fabregas" for Anderson :(

More like "...and he shits out more Madras" now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Plus staying in Madrid is probably worth a ton of money in endorsements to Ronald.

Other points:

Zaha is garbage.

Anderson was first choice for United a decade ago, and he's somehow only 28 and is complete garbage.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Luiz Adriano has been signed by Spartak, pending a medical which he'll somehow fail I'm sure.

Delofeu to Milan on loan seems to be happening? Did he turn to total crap or something, I remember him easily being Everton's best attacking player at some point.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he did. wasn't adriano also good or did he turn crap?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Luiz Adriano has been signed by Spartak, pending a medical which he'll somehow fail I'm sure.

Delofeu to Milan on loan seems to be happening? Did he turn to total crap or something, I remember him easily being Everton's best attacking player at some point.

What the loving poo poo. I hoped we were gonna get him coz that was rumours last window. He's brilliant

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

he did. wasn't adriano also good or did he turn crap?

He was good in Ukraine or wherever the gently caress Milan bought him from. I suspect he'll go back to scoring at least some goals but he never really fit in to the formation(s) that Milan had, especially since Bacca and then Lapadula got on form.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Some Chinese club has offered Witsel a poo poo-ton of money, so he may be moving there. He was either going to join Juve for free next summer, or maybe in the January window for a small fee if it could be worked out with Zenit.

Also, Cerci on loan to Bologna seems to be happening.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bape Culture posted:

What the loving poo poo. I hoped we were gonna get him coz that was rumours last window. He's brilliant

you've already got 1 winger with no end product no point in having 2

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Some Chinese club has offered Witsel a poo poo-ton of money, so he may be moving there. He was either going to join Juve for free next summer, or maybe in the January window for a small fee if it could be worked out with Zenit.

Remember when Cerci was good

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

trem_two posted:

Hmm, a pig-maker going to Bologna. Checks out.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I wish China would gently caress off

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Why the heck are City and Juve going at it to spend £26 million on Steven N'Zonzi?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

pik_d posted:

Why the heck are City and Juve going at it to spend £26 million on Steven N'Zonzi?

He's good.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Brony Car posted:

He's good.

How good?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

pik_d posted:

How good?

he's a midfielder who can pass and tackle, I reckon he'd start for city

as a cb

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

pik_d posted:

How good?

Better than €30m or whatever his release clause is

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Spangly A posted:

he's a midfielder who can pass and tackle, I reckon he'd start for city

as a cb

And still be an improvement over Stones.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

pik_d posted:

How good?

I am very sad that Stoke kept their promise and let him leave for 7m to wherever he wanted to go. He was very good for us.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Moktaro posted:

And still be an improvement over Stones.

Stones will be fine, everybody forgets that Lampard and Ferdinand were both total shite for west ham for several years, and Ferdinand was crap at leeds. It's incredibly rare to find a young defender who has everything he needs *and* can hold 90 minutes concentration twice a week.

e; lol ferdinand left leeds two years before the relegation, my bad

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spangly A posted:

Stones will be fine, everybody forgets that Lampard and Ferdinand were both total shite for west ham for several years, and Ferdinand was crap at leeds. It's incredibly rare to find a young defender who has everything he needs *and* can hold 90 minutes concentration twice a week.

e; lol ferdinand left leeds two years before the relegation, my bad

Because English players with "potential" always improve over time.

He's shite and has peaked.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

Multiple places are now reporting that he's decided to go with the Chinese money.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

Because English players with "potential" always improve over time.

He's shite and has peaked.

you'll be wrong on this

Stones will be good, we used to take the piss out of ashley cole for being a shite defender, now we take the piss out of him failing to satisfy cheryl. Sometimes things change.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

Multiple places are now reporting that he's decided to go with the Chinese money.

RIP Axel Witsel. I never figured out if you were actually good because you never played in a real league, and then you died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spangly A posted:

you'll be wrong on this

Stones will be good, we used to take the piss out of ashley cole for being a shite defender, now we take the piss out of him failing to satisfy cheryl. Sometimes things change.

He makes more mistakes now than he did when he started.

For every Cole there's a dozen Titus Brambles. He'll always be a liability.

• Locked thread