Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
That Holding kid Arsenal signed from Bolton really looks the business. Feel free to quote this post next season when he lets in 5 goals or gets nicked for stealing cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

If West Ham sign Defoe they'll have a good chance of avoiding the drop this season imo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

I think we will be seeing more purchases like this from larger clubs. After Vardy a lot of clubs are looking at the lower and non leagues a lot more seriously.

Vardy and noted success story Carl Jenkinson.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

blue footed boobie posted:

Jermain Defoe is thirty four years old.

his last season was his best ever in England I think? It was def better than any of his west ham seasons and he's better than anyone we've got

Vardy and noted success story Carl Jenkinson.

Cresswell and Antonio, p much everyone ever signed under Moyes, Dele Alli, Lallana should've been an obvious one a long time ago, lower leagues are always a handy source of talent. Six months before starting for Man U smalling was playing for margate and getting ready for uni.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Spangly A posted:

Six months before starting for Man U smalling was playing for margate and getting ready for uni.

Fulham.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Ninpo posted:

Fulham.

Fulham, Margate, whatever.

Frankston posted:

If West Ham sign Defoe they'll have a good chance of avoiding the drop this season imo

it guarantees one of the places will be occupied by Sunderland, if nothing else.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ninpo posted:

Fulham.

And before that, Maidstone

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Spangly A posted:

his last season was his best ever in England I think? It was def better than any of his west ham seasons and he's better than anyone we've got

Cresswell and Antonio, p much everyone ever signed under Moyes, Dele Alli, Lallana should've been an obvious one a long time ago, lower leagues are always a handy source of talent. Six months before starting for Man U smalling was playing for margate and getting ready for uni.

I wasn't really trying to make points with either of these things, except that Carl Jenkinson is bad and Jermain Defoe is 34 years old.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
If Defoe gets sold I want Moyes to have a full-on meltdown on live TV and quit his job while being interviewed.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

MrBling posted:

If Defoe gets sold I want Moyes to have a full-on meltdown on live TV and quit his job while being interviewed.

agreed

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

sebzilla posted:

And before that, Maidstone

they're both really poo poo and close

I wasn't really trying to make points with either of these things, except that Carl Jenkinson is bad and Jermain Defoe is 34 years old.

Carl Jenkinson was good and then he was the first player to go up against mahrez that season rip

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

Carl Jenkinson was good and then he was the first player to go up against mahrez that season rip

Last season was weird for Jenkinson. He scored more goals in a third of a season than he had for his entire career at Arsenal but he also gave away 2 penos and killed his knee ligament (while giving away one of the penalties). There's talk of him coming back for a third loan spell as well. I wouldn't be opposed to it as him and Cresswell work well together but I'd rather we got someone in permanently.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jermain Defoe is thirty four years old.

he's younger than ibrahimovic then

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
If they sell Defoe they're absolutely going down. May as well make a fight of it for the sake of £8m or whatever the price would be.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Hoops posted:

If they sell Defoe they're absolutely going down. May as well make a fight of it for the sake of £8m or whatever the price would be.

West Ham have literally told Moyes to name his price.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

MrBling posted:

West Ham have literally told Moyes to name his price.

haha like moyes has any input

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Can't wait for Defoe to sign for West Ham for thirty million pounds and immediately tear his ACL and retire imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't wait for Defoe to sign for West Ham for thirty million pounds and immediately tear his ACL and retire imo

this would own

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

this would own

There would be many lols.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
TalkSport (lol I know) are "reporting" that Liverpool are lining up a 50m bid for Raul Jiminez

Lol

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

CyberPingu posted:

TalkSport (lol I know) are "reporting" that Liverpool are lining up a 50m bid for Raul Jiminez

Lol

who?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Benfica striker....I had to look him up too

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

A Mexican who plays for Benfica

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He'd be a steal at 50m.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xabi posted:

He'd be a steal at 50m.

Why? Looks like he's scored a modest amount of goals in the Portuguese League.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Just look at that name.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Xabi posted:

Just look at that name.

They certainly wouldn't be splashing out 50m on....Rob...Jimmi? Robert James?

e: also as everyone's saying, West Ham buying Defoe is basically paying Sunderland to get relegated, so it should be for at least whatever a team gets for being in the prem, regardless how old he is. I still can't believe how much staying power he has and just how hard it is to find someone who is just really good at putting the ball in the net

Lenin Riefenstahl fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 5, 2017

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I don't care what happens but I want Sunderland to get relegated, pls

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It doesn't matter who the players are or who the manager is. Sunderland will not get relegated.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

jyrka posted:

It doesn't matter who the players are or who the manager is. Sunderland will not get relegated.

10 years in the prem, time for a change imo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Taraabt is about to join Genoa on an 18 month loan, according to Di Marzio. Will be interesting to see if he can be as effective as he was in Italy a few years back.

Genoa are also signing Pinilla from Atalanta, so I guess those two are their replacements for Pavoletti.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Villa had a bid accepted for Henri Landsbury

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

straight up brolic posted:

Villa had a bid accepted for Henri Landsbury

I like him OP, he's a tidy player

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

he's a loving muppet with bad hair

i

rest

my

case

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 5, 2017

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

10 years in the prem, time for a change imo

Ten years in the premiership for club who proves you don't need managers to get relegated but they will get relegated.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Taraabt is about to join Genoa on an 18 month loan, according to Di Marzio. Will be interesting to see if he can be as effective as he was in Italy a few years back.

Genoa are also signing Pinilla from Atalanta, so I guess those two are their replacements for Pavoletti.

That's a good combo if taraabt can replicate his form like you said. With them and Simeone Jr that's a pretty great attacking trio.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Landsbury is cool

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Lansbury and Carroll are cool braids pals with cool hair

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012