Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Liverpool will probably sign a winger to cover for Mane but I imagine that will be all. Promes has been rumoured and fits the bill and I actually quite like the idea of Zaha if I'm honest- he's not especially consistent but when Mane is back he seems like he'd be a devastating player to come off the bench and run at tired defenders. He's probably cost a disgusting amount of money though.

Also we really don't need a left back. Milner is honestly one of the best in the league there so it makes no sense to bring someone else in just because Milner is new to the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

Zaha is in the AFCON too
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. I think England were pretty stupid not to cap him properly. Yeah he's inconsistent but it's clear he's immensely talented.

Hoops posted:

I'm not having a former United player, no loving chance

He barely played for them tbf

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

This is probably because he's being asked to play in a more complicated style, and has been mostly alongside either a lunging idiot like Otamendi or a man with the Exxon Valdez's turning circle like Kolarov. If he had an uncrocked Vinny to guide him... :allears:

Looking forward to Mane running at Kolarov later :getin:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

He won't even get minutes the way they've been playing.

The Delofeu to Milan rumor fell apart as soon as "other teams who can actually offer something might be interested" appeared.

I thought Milan were cashed up now?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I actually think Illori isn't actually that bad but it seems no manager wants to give him a proper chance. He's a bit lightweight physically but he's fast as gently caress and has a good football brain on him.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Ilori was always talked up by Liverpool fans solely because Rodgers and co had a ton of goodwill at the time he was signed. He was never good and never played for Liverpool because he's bad.

He was supposed to be a pretty exciting talent and is ridiculously quick but no one has ever actually seen enough of him to know if he's actually any good or not.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Parity warning posted:

By no one you mean no TRP posters right

I would say very few people have seen him play. He's had a few minutes here and there for Liverpool in cup games and basically never played at the clubs he was loaned to because of injuries and the fact he doesn't seem to be very good. From the little I've seen he's clearly got talent but needs to be more physical- can definitely see managers not taking a shining to him for that reason alone in the UK.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Which Sissokho was Milan going to sign and then the doctors said his teeth indicated that he had a back problem and he failed the medical because of it? That was the most insane one in recent memory I think.

I think those doctors had just seem him play.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

He looks like a Thunderbirds character

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Good thread everyone.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

He was doing well for about a month then he missed 2 penalties in a row and started to not pass and shoot in to row z, he's also involved in a sex scandal with a transexual.

I don't know, have you seen Montolivo play lately? I mean nobody has but him getting hurt was the best thing to happen to Milan all season.

First Bonera and now Montolivio. Do you actually like any of your players GG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jose posted:

i hear net spend and remember liverpool supporters under benitez defending their transfers because they made a profit and well we've got benitez now

Rafa is cool and good.

• Locked thread