Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Palace have agreed a fee for Robbie Brady rip norwich

Hull are selling Snodgrass so thats them definitely relegated

Jose fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

He was doing well for about a month then he missed 2 penalties in a row and started to not pass and shoot in to row z, he's also involved in a sex scandal with a transexual.

following in ronaldo's footsteps

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thank gently caress newcastle aren't spending £7m on modou barrow. I've no idea who grabiel apelt pires is but he's a central midfielder which is good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TheQuietWilds posted:

The overwhelming suspicion seems to be that they're laundering it. Agree to pay someone (worth $10m) $50m, actually pay them $20m, stash the other $30 in a Caribbean holding corporation. That's an oversimplification with made up numbers, but it captures the gist of it.

its also a way to try and make themselves popular with the city they're in so that Xi doesn't have them quietly arrested as part of "corruption" crackdowns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

MrBling posted:

Are there any recent stories about players not getting paid in China?

I know Drogba said that he hadn't been paid and used it at his reason for tearing up the contract and moving to Galatasaray, but that was some years ago now and just the one club.

I mean, Dario Conca has been there for ages now as one of the highest paid players in the world so the money is obviously there.

it was almost certainly fuckery with the contracts not specifying an exact figure to be paid, since its known this was offered to a player, and agents wised up to it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

moyes really has no imagination. sunderland are signing darren gibson and bryan oviedo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin's prayers have been answered. neil taylor is being swapped for jordan ayew

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

Apparently Villa are signing Scott Hogan

lol that he's going to villa after west ham spent all transfer window trying to sign him

i really wish newcastle would sign a creative midfielder because we're loving poo poo when shelvey doesn't play

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

We've not spent a nickel in transfer fees this year. Covered incoming players with outgoings. Westwood off to Burnley for 5m as we speak.

lol what the gently caress is dyche thinking

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

idk it's mental he's the worst footballer I've ever seen get regular games at the pl level

yeah he's been proper poo poo when i've seen him but having said that i thought we were mental for signing clark and other than his debut he's been one of our best players

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

I'm not convinced. Newcastle and Norwich have the same amount in parachute payments and both have made sure to balance the books in terms of ~net spend~. Villa are spending like I've never seen a Championship club do.

I don't think newcastle balanced the books as much as just signed who benitez wanted which resulted in a net spend

is sissoko playing at all for spurs?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Didn't you sell like £100m worth of players in summer?

£80m I think but I just mean that a net spend was a result rather than the goal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Oh I see. You mean a net profit though, that was confusing me.

i hear net spend and remember liverpool supporters under benitez defending their transfers because they made a profit and well we've got benitez now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he turned it on for the euros and spurs panicked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

JFairfax posted:

Why did Krul leave Newcastle? He's a v. good keeper imho

did some ligament last season so was allowed to go on loan to actually play football since newcastle signed a keeper after elliott also did a ligament

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

townsend is at least a better signing than Barrow at least

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i odn't think we're signing townsend he's on the bench tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin was busy yesterday

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/826389314720391168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Locked thread