Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Gigi Galli posted:

So all this money is actually doing something then.

The Chinese teams are theoretically good and tend to do well in the ACL, but even then the 'big' clubs like Evergrande have been beaten comfortably a few times by Australian teams. I watched Victory pick them apart in 2014 and I've never seen a player as disinterested as Asamoah Gyan lol. Their performances rely heavily on how well the foreign players perform, because all Chinese players are absolute trash, but in Asia if you have a couple of actual good players they can normally carry you through most matches.

The money is as real as money in China ever is though, they're backed by big Chinese corporations as a kinda national vanity project.

Mang is right in that it's Korea, Japan / China, and then the top West Asian teams. Australian teams in a good year are probably on par with the West Asians, but never do well in the ACL for a huge variety of reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

NTRabbit posted:

Lighten up precious, I couldn't remember who it was and thought I remembered it being a loss to Sevilla, and hence Boro; turns out I was thinking of Rangers losing to Zenit St. Petersburg a couple years later

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Fulham? Also the Wanderers absolutely robbed that Saudi team and it owned, they had like 5 genuine penalty shouts turned down

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

What on earth

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Can't wait for Defoe to sign for West Ham for thirty million pounds and immediately tear his ACL and retire imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Lansbury and Carroll are cool braids pals with cool hair

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Byolante posted:

Aren't Zidane's sons supposed to be great?

I thought one was alright and one was poo poo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

A half dozen of those are youth players but it's awful reading and I blame David Sullivan entirely for it

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Simone Zaza to Valencia is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/valenciacf/status/820689512921780226

Thank god for that

I can't believe anyone still wanted him tbh

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

According to various places, West Ham are now front runners to sign Jose Fonte. He's a good player but I'm not completely sure we need him. Signing him suggests we're going to stick with 3-4-3 and put Byram at wing back. Despite the fact that we're much better with 4 at the back.

He's a million times better than Collins and probably better than Ogbonna? And Collins can't play in a back 3 so it gives us an option to actually do a 3-4-3 properly

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Gigi Galli posted:

Inter have signed Trent Sainsbury, an Australian who played in China on loan

https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/826420913033846784

Cover for Rannocchia I guess, they could've saved money and signed nobody if they wanted to remain as effective. He's the first Australian to sign for them.

This is weird as heck, Sainsbury is good but I wouldn't think he's good enough for Inter

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Soulex posted:

I can only think it's FFP related.

Sainsbury was deemed surplus to requirements at Jiangsu due to recent regulation changes only allowing CSL clubs to field just three foreign players, and they have now opted to send him to Inter for the remainder of the the current campaign. Inter, who are owned by Suning Holdings Group along with Jiangsu, currently sit fourth on the Serie A table, nine points behind leaders Juventus.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

jyrka posted:

What's the joke here? Is he not any good?

He loves getting stuck in and has good movement in the box, I think he'd be a top signing

• Locked thread