Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gigi Galli posted:

Does anyone in here watch the Asian CL? I wonder if these teams are actually any good, even if just in the frame of their continental opponents. Like, are they as good as the top Japanese or Korean teams?

A Chinese club was managed to the title in 2013 by Lippi, and the same club again in 2015 by Scolari, but they were essentially irrelevant makeweights after the Japanese, Korean, and Saudi teams until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Guangzhou Evergrande is 60% owned by China's 2nd largest property developer, and 40% owned by Alibaba, so there is at least in theory real money there.

Can't say as much for every club though, what with them winning the last 6 titles in a row.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 2, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Guangzhou Evergrande seems to have won the Chinese league every year since they won the Chinese second division and earned promotion, after having been relegated for match fixing :allears:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bogan Krkic posted:

Australian teams in a good year are probably on par with the West Asians, but never do well in the ACL for a huge variety of reasons.

Apart from the Wanderers, who pulled a Boro in the 05/06 UEFA cup and parked a series of buses and brick walls against all the good sides all the way through to the final, and then unlike boro actually succeeded and won a two legged final 1-0 on aggregate against a Saudi team.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Pissflaps posted:

You're a moron. Have you seen the results of Boro's road to the UEFA cup final? Stupid oval office.

Lighten up precious, I couldn't remember who it was and thought I remembered it being a loss to Sevilla, and hence Boro; turns out I was thinking of Rangers losing to Zenit St. Petersburg a couple years later

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 3, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Eau de MacGowan posted:

How the gently caress hasn't Adebayor rolled up in China yet?

Even China's not that naive

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Mickolution posted:

Ok Big Ron, I think he could still score some goals there...

Sure he could, but the question is, with the cheques already signed, can he be hosed? Because the answer for the last 5+ years has been no, not really.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Lmao at #22 in that video

That's some next level Pep poo poo to send the mascot out as well to help surround the ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Title challenge back on

• Locked thread