Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There won't be any interesting transfers in the Premier League this January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Arsene won't spend a penny

He might buy a kid, but definitely nothing notable.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Strawman posted:

If were just throwing theories out there, the obvious one is that it's the Chinese club owners conspiring with the players' agents and using the transfer to evade China's currency controls.

My conspiracy theory has always been that these clubs are backed by the Chinese government, that the government tells them to get big name players, and that the fact that they'll actually have to pay these players gets lost in the shuffle.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Make a guaranteed salary of a fuckton and gently caress your way through Madrid or go to China, maybe get paid a couple times and die of boredom and smog, hmmm

Plus staying in Madrid is probably worth a ton of money in endorsements to Ronald.

Other points:

Zaha is garbage.

Anderson was first choice for United a decade ago, and he's somehow only 28 and is complete garbage.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

Multiple places are now reporting that he's decided to go with the Chinese money.

RIP Axel Witsel. I never figured out if you were actually good because you never played in a real league, and then you died.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Does anyone in here watch the Asian CL? I wonder if these teams are actually any good, even if just in the frame of their continental opponents. Like, are they as good as the top Japanese or Korean teams?

I did some light googling and Guangzhou evergrande have won it two of the last four years, so I guess they're doing well.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Draxler to PSG is a done deal.

http://www.psg.fr/en/News/003001/Article/78453/Julian-Draxler-signs-for-Paris-Saint-Germain-throught-to-2021

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Also according to the Guardian, United have turned down a 19m bid from Everton for Schneiderlin. Seems a bit weird since he's done gently caress all since United bought him for what feels like forever ago.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal aren't signing Pjanic you retards.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

payet however.....

he's already on the plane

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This reads like satire except that the guy isn't younger.

RideTheSpiral posted:

moyes is gonna rage quit before the end of January. you heard it here first

He should if they sell Defoe tbf. That would basically be agreeing to go down.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jermain Defoe is thirty four years old.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

I think we will be seeing more purchases like this from larger clubs. After Vardy a lot of clubs are looking at the lower and non leagues a lot more seriously.

Vardy and noted success story Carl Jenkinson.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Spangly A posted:

his last season was his best ever in England I think? It was def better than any of his west ham seasons and he's better than anyone we've got

Cresswell and Antonio, p much everyone ever signed under Moyes, Dele Alli, Lallana should've been an obvious one a long time ago, lower leagues are always a handy source of talent. Six months before starting for Man U smalling was playing for margate and getting ready for uni.

I wasn't really trying to make points with either of these things, except that Carl Jenkinson is bad and Jermain Defoe is 34 years old.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xabi posted:

He'd be a steal at 50m.

Why? Looks like he's scored a modest amount of goals in the Portuguese League.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

:stare: holy poo poo that neckbeard

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

He's going to be the source of some top puns.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ilori was always talked up by Liverpool fans solely because Rodgers and co had a ton of goodwill at the time he was signed. He was never good and never played for Liverpool because he's bad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

Torino's president said today that they turned down an offer from Arsenal for Belotti. The rumored offer was €65m, he just signed a new deal with a €100m clause.

Yeah this is suddenly everywhere. It'd be very surprising unless Alexis was going to leave soon. It feels a bit like Torino's president could just be trying to talk up Belotti's value.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Boro are making all the right moves to make the 2007 Champions League.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Akileese posted:

Yes. They send a player out to a club and then normally have to essentially pay a fee to recall the player. What I was missing from this was Chelsea apparently had a recall clause for the month of January built into the loan deal.

Players don't normally get recalled from loans unless they're not playing and getting sent back out. I don't know why the gently caress I put quotes around immediate effect so my bad for that.

Apparently he's done pretty well at the mouth, and they're recalling him because he's good enough to provide cover for their depleted defense.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

No doubt he is a good player and he is easily worth that much to Everton. It's just hard to see him breaking into the team

Into the Everton team? Isn't the center of their midfield kind of poo poo?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

payet has thrown his toys out of the pram and is refusing to play for west ham

Hmm, Wengy's in fifth, there's an attacking midfielder available, he'll be sold at a cut rate, and he's French? Phwoar, a signing has never been so set in the stars.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Why did they put him inside of his own head?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Paperhouse posted:

Do Arsenal need another attacking midfielder

It's an area where they could stand to improve. Sanchez moving to the center means that there's really only iwobi and then a bunch of trash for that left midfield position. Plus Arsenal need to get some goals coming from somewhere other than Sanchez.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

Did no one see that tweet was made 10 days ago?

It was a done deal ten days ago, and it's a done deal now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

I guess I don't understand why he's being linked with Arsenal right now instead of all the other clubs more likely to spend stupid money for him like PSG or Chelsea

He's not really being linked with Arsenal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

MrBling posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FCINTERofficial/status/821317105614254082

Might as well close the window. The best deal has already happened.

Cover for right back, I guess? He's super old.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

Its a team in Finland, maybe he could start?

Brainfart. I saw "West Hamia" and just assumed he had signed for West Ham. Nothing to see here.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
RIP Memphis you were bad and I always hated that you complained about people using your last name and never even bothered to just get it changed.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
According to the Guardian, Arsenal agreed to sell Jenkinson to Palace for 7m, but the move fell apart because Jenkinson wanted more than 40k a week.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

peanut- posted:

Carl Jenkinson is bad at football.

He is.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Not that big a deal. Recovery time for malaria is normally about 2 weeks. Add another two weeks to that to get him back up to full fitness and he'll only be out 2 weeks longer than he would have been for AFCON anyway.

I seem to remember Kolo Toure getting malaria. He was back soon enough, but he was out of sorts for months.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is a shocking revelation.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pissflaps posted:

As the poster who literally invented the use of bold text in reporting transfers I feel I should have the final say in this.

And what is your position on gigi gali's obvious and unforgivable transgression, pissflaps?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Soulex posted:

Just fyi you've been reported

lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

ephex posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao all of this rules so hard

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PROBATION 01/20/17 05:17pm big crush on Chad OMG Now watch this drive. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Gigi Galli Gigi Galli

L M A O

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

You've blown it, Wengy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

He wasn't settled in London. Not sure if a few 3rd or 2nd place trophies would have helped his family tbh

Everyone wants to come to Arsenal just ask notedly not unsettled players Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez.

• Locked thread