Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Guangzhou Evergrande seems to have won the Chinese league every year since they won the Chinese second division and earned promotion, after having been relegated for match fixing :allears:

Obviously they've learned their lesson and have learned to win the honest w- lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Marseille is out to re-sign Dimitri Payet. It's bound to fail but the attempt should nonetheless be very amusing

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Wenger's really shelling out now for the big buys

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

vyelkin posted:

He's a 33-year-old Portuguese centre back so expect Mourinho to sign him asap

only if he can't talk Ricardo Carvalho out of retirement

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Akileese posted:

So how many former Bolton players is Big Sam going to bring to Palace? What's Kevin Nolan up to these days?

depends on how many share his agent

so, all of them if he can

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Which Sissokho was Milan going to sign and then the doctors said his teeth indicated that he had a back problem and he failed the medical because of it? That was the most insane one in recent memory I think.

has Milan ever contracted a phrenologist to assess players before a transfer, that you know of?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I think an astrologer would be more Berlusconi's speed to be honest.

He and Raymond Domenech could compare notes.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

French media is reporting that Lyon is in for Memphis Depay and that he's allegedly not against it

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Nice, Monaco, United, Juventus, Crystal Palace seems like the opposite way to do a career path.

he's an iconoclast op

does anyone know if he shares an agent with Big Sam?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

https://twitter.com/lionel_litt/status/816269201971310594

It's happening according to this incredibly reliable source :chord:

Depending on who you ask, part of the reason Payet wants out is because his family isn't settling in London and are having trouble with English (allegedly) so if that's true another London club wouldn't really make a lot of sense

EDIT: West Ham supporters can probably confirm that he never really wanted the move anyway, Marseille sold him for less than his value because the DNCG was threatening to relegate them if they didn't come up with some money quick

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Mr Snips posted:

I guess I don't understand why he's being linked with Arsenal right now instead of all the other clubs more likely to spend stupid money for him like PSG or Chelsea

him and Hatem Ben Arfa competing for the same spot at PSG would be a beautiful disaster

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Why would Payet go to Marseille? Surely they can't pay him as much?

his family apparently doesn't like england and if he's going to play for an eternal underachiever he might as well go where the weather's nice and his family enjoys it

in other words

Bape Culture posted:

He's a stupid French prick.

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 16, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Patrice Evra looks close to signing with OM but it's not official. It's a good move for them because even a 35-year-old slow Evra is an upgrade on Henri Bedimo who is the only natural left-back they have at the moment.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I do! Suso, Bonaventura, Lapadula, Romagnoli, Bacca, Kucka and Donnarumma are all great. Locatelli's pretty good too but he was poo poo today.

Both Bonera and Montolivo had their times when they were decent players. I would say both were even quite good for a while. The problem is that Milan hasnt known when to get rid of their "veterans" for the better part of a decade now. To make it worse, when we do its someone like Pirlo who ends up being a monster somewhere else. It's infuriating. Abate is rapidly approaching this stage in his Milan career and I have no doubt he'll be around until he retires.

Montolivo isn't as bad as Bonera was, he's just useless. Bonera actively helped the other team.

Do you think Pirlo might have made that worse? I'm just wondering if Milan is extra-reluctant to let go of any veterans in case they pull a Pirlo again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

kami posted:

It stings less because it seems to be genuine homesickness and not trying to vault up to a better club. Extremely unlikely he's going to play OM into a European slot next season.

But gently caress him and his lack of effort when he was on the field this season.

Yeah in terms of stature it's a lateral move - I see Marseille pushing for a Europa League spot but CL football is out of the question this year. I think his family just didn't adjust to London.

• Locked thread