Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is the market so bad that Juve needs to pull the old Milan "raid Genoa for overpriced garbagemen" move? Rincon is ok, not Juve Caliber imo. Is Hernanes dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

He's - get this - talking with Genoa

Lol, of course he is

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Luiz Adriano to Spartak from Milan for free or some tiny fee is supposedly happening. The going rate was supposed to be 7 million but apparently Galliani doesn't give a poo poo any more and just wants him off the books. He's poo poo but he's not that poo poo, for fucks sake. I wonder what incredibly bad 35 year old Milan will sign for free on the last day then.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

When Jiangsu Suning tried to buy Luiz Adriano they were willing to pay some insane wages and when he actually got there and saw it was all bullshit he went right back to Milan even though Milan wanted it to go through. I suspect he's either got a good agent or just saw through it all. There is no way that the numbers being reported are actually in cash or anything immediately useable.

julian assflange posted:

I doubt that is cash it is probably a few bob and the rest in copper futures and totally legitimate bonds of some sort

It's this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Luiz Adriano has been signed by Spartak, pending a medical which he'll somehow fail I'm sure.

Delofeu to Milan on loan seems to be happening? Did he turn to total crap or something, I remember him easily being Everton's best attacking player at some point.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

he did. wasn't adriano also good or did he turn crap?

He was good in Ukraine or wherever the gently caress Milan bought him from. I suspect he'll go back to scoring at least some goals but he never really fit in to the formation(s) that Milan had, especially since Bacca and then Lapadula got on form.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Some Chinese club has offered Witsel a poo poo-ton of money, so he may be moving there. He was either going to join Juve for free next summer, or maybe in the January window for a small fee if it could be worked out with Zenit.

Also, Cerci on loan to Bologna seems to be happening.

Remember when Cerci was good

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Juan Iturbe is apparently headed to Torino on a multi-year loan, joining Ljajic and Falque as attacking players Roma has sent to Torino this year. He'll still probably be terrible.

He won't even get minutes the way they've been playing.

The Delofeu to Milan rumor fell apart as soon as "other teams who can actually offer something might be interested" appeared.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

I thought Milan were cashed up now?

Nope, the money, and indeed the buyers, are probably not real. The sale of the club has gone on for over a year now. Berlusconi's holding company is getting paid something but the club has only seen 15 mil, 8 of which was pissed away on Jose Sosa for some insane reason.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Can wait until these "big money" Chinese club fail to pay the ridiculous promised wages to the bunch of idiots who are signing contracts to go rot there.

trem_two posted:

It's such an obvious, blatant bubble. It's like Anzhi Makhachkala, but an entire league instead of a single club.

Doumbia was supposed to go to one of the teams but this morning the papers reported that he refused to leave Basel and Roma will continue to be stuck with his wages until at least June.

I wonder which side of this the Chinese government is on. I've read some things that say it's private businesses trying to hide or otherwise block their money from the government (Milan's totally real buyers) or that it's the government themselves propping these things up with pubic money (The recent Tevez deal, whatever team it is that Cannavaro is involved with).

Does anyone in here watch the Asian CL? I wonder if these teams are actually any good, even if just in the frame of their continental opponents. Like, are they as good as the top Japanese or Korean teams?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lol nice

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

south korean teams are the strongest in the AFC probably followed by an even split between china and japan

I watched FC Seoul once in person and they were pretty good. They had a Serbian guy who was owning everyone.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

A Chinese club was managed to the title in 2013 by Lippi, and the same club again in 2015 by Scolari, but they were essentially irrelevant makeweights after the Japanese, Korean, and Saudi teams until then.

blue footed boobie posted:

I did some light googling and Guangzhou evergrande have won it two of the last four years, so I guess they're doing well.

So all this money is actually doing something then.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Just that they're trying to hit the Pjanic button after missing Cazorla for so long. No word on if Juve wants to sell though.

Lots of rumors out there that Real Madrid wants to make a huge bid for Dele Alli. But did I hear correctly that they can't try til the end of the season due to a transfer window ban? Real still wants to treat Spurs as a farm team, I guess.

Juve just bought Pjanic this summer, for a pretty big sum too. If he goes it'll have to be for a serious amount of money which we all know Arsenal doesn't do despite having it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

this isn't true

Actually it is

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Juve spent 32 million on him, Arsenal have spent more than that precisely three times in their history.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

How many times has Juve spent more? Genuinely curious

6 apparently. Now I wonder who has spent more than that other than the usual suspects. Maybe 3 is an average number.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

6 seems like a lot to me. i dont think city even has that many big ticket signings

They've got 11, lol

http://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-city/transferrekorde/verein/281

United's got 15

http://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/transferrekorde/verein/985

I'm talking in Euros

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Taraabt is about to join Genoa on an 18 month loan, according to Di Marzio. Will be interesting to see if he can be as effective as he was in Italy a few years back.

Genoa are also signing Pinilla from Atalanta, so I guess those two are their replacements for Pavoletti.

That's a good combo if taraabt can replicate his form like you said. With them and Simeone Jr that's a pretty great attacking trio.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Wait, Simeone Jr is good? Sons are never good

It's a bit early to tell but he's been pretty solid, 6 goals in 15 games.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Yeah the goalkeeper is terrible, the other one is ok.

Is Maldini's kid good yet?

He's got two sons, they both played for the Milan youth teams. Christian never managed to break through and now plays in Malta, Daniel is still in the Milan youth system I think.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Looks like Inter are getting rid of Felipe Melo and Jovetic. Melo is headed to Palmeiras on a permanent deal, and Jovetic is going on loan to Sevilla with a permanent option based on appearances.

I was hoping they'd get rid of Jovetic and keep Melo. 1/2 isn't bad I guess.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

How often did Jovetic's knees explode?

Nobody knows because he barely played.

fat greasy puto posted:

can a mod edit "tons of liverpool fanfiction" into the poll so i can vote for that please

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

just kidding i thought as OP i could but i can't and now i look even more dumb than usual, going to kill myself now

I got you fam

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

What's the appropriate value of a guy out of contract in 6 months? Genuinely curious. Snodgrass' performances this season seem to merit more money, but I'm not ITK

Milan paid 8 mil for Luiz Adriano when he had 6 months left at Shakhtar. They're worth as much as a team will pay.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

J. Christ, Kassie Eboue!!!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Which Sissokho was Milan going to sign and then the doctors said his teeth indicated that he had a back problem and he failed the medical because of it? That was the most insane one in recent memory I think.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

has Milan ever contracted a phrenologist to assess players before a transfer, that you know of?

I think an astrologer would be more Berlusconi's speed to be honest.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

I thought Milan was well known for it's great medical staff? Aren't there lots of players who fly out there to get treatment? And part of that was because they focus on the teeth of players. Teeth supposedly are a good sign of overall fitness etc? :shrug:

Anyway, Belgian media reporting that Everton offerd 10m EUR for Standard striker Belfodil.

Milan's doctors are good at keeping old players going, but they really mishandled Pato for example. They have a very expensive diagnostic system at their disposal which they made a big deal about. I'm not sure if all those people are still at the club though.

I honestly don't l know if the teeth thing was real, it just sounded so strange that it seemed really unbelievable. Maybe they weren't lying after all?

Is that the same Belfodil that played for Parma? He was good for about 5 games.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

That's the guy. And then Livorno bought him from Inter the year they were in Serie A and he scored no goals.

It's too bad the bidone d'oro isn't handed out any more because he could've won it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Good now give us Deulofeu

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Why did they put him inside of his own head?

mind games

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I'm gonna come to boro and say hi to a5h then steal his car and take deulofeu to Milan.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

They were saying something on Football Weekly about Torino striker Belotti being linked with Arsenal, not sure if that makes it more legit?

Apparently Belotti is cool and good according to Jimbo.

Torino's president put a 100 mil release clause on him last week, not that that really means anything. He's got 13 league goals this season, just one less than Icardi who is at the top.

He's great, but this is definitely his big breakout season. He was good at Palermo but not this good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ranocchia has turned down offers from West Ham and Hull apparently, Inter is desperately trying to get rid of him but he wont move. West Ham and Hull should be loving thrilled he turned them down, he's one of the worst defenders in Italy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I'm thrilled too

Yeah same, I hope he stays.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

nice, finally

Was seriously worried Milan would end up with him. Good news for everyone except Valencia.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Sean Dundee, Dion Dublin, Jack Cork, Shaun Derry and Rio Ferdinand come to mind, with Rio the best of that lot.

Flavio Roma had a decent career, Milan Baros?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://twitter.com/acmilan/status/822515914251698176

done deal, hope he's good!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrBling posted:

edit: beaten by the forums Guiseppe Rossi.

I'll loving cut you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Actually it's pretty loving funny.

I'm the reverse Rossi, I was born there and moved here and I'm fat and both my legs work???

• Locked thread