Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Juventus are trying to get Valencia to agree to a "loan" for Simone Zaza which includes an obligation to buy after one appearance. I'm sure that'll go well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

Carl Jenkinson was good and then he was the first player to go up against mahrez that season rip

Last season was weird for Jenkinson. He scored more goals in a third of a season than he had for his entire career at Arsenal but he also gave away 2 penos and killed his knee ligament (while giving away one of the penalties). There's talk of him coming back for a third loan spell as well. I wouldn't be opposed to it as him and Cresswell work well together but I'd rather we got someone in permanently.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
In more West Ham meltdown news, the deal for Scott Hogan is apparently off after the clubs couldn't agree on a fee.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Simone Zaza to Valencia is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/valenciacf/status/820689512921780226

Thank god for that

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Already prepping for the Championship, I see

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
According to various places, West Ham are now front runners to sign Jose Fonte. He's a good player but I'm not completely sure we need him. Signing him suggests we're going to stick with 3-4-3 and put Byram at wing back. Despite the fact that we're much better with 4 at the back.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Why would Southampton sell him? He's been there for ages and has been a pretty good partner to Van Dijk.

He put in a transfer request a month ago and has 18 months left on his contract. May as well get some money for him, I guess

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Marseille have apparently given up on Payet for the time being. Which probably means they're going to wait until deadline day to make the same offer in hopes that West Ham get desperate to sell

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

Andrew Ayew got malaria

this does not affect west ham's squad in any way

Not that big a deal. Recovery time for malaria is normally about 2 weeks. Add another two weeks to that to get him back up to full fitness and he'll only be out 2 weeks longer than he would have been for AFCON anyway.

Lil' Jack has confirmed that Fonte has passed his medical and are just waiting for Southampton to sign. Still think it's a weird transfer. Only thing I can think of is that he wants to bring in someone who can function as captain so Noble can be dropped and Kouyate/Obiang can partner midfield.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jose posted:

Don't west ham have only 2 centre backs

3 plus Kouyate (who played as CB most of his career before Big Sam decided that he's much better suited for midfield) and Oxford (debatable whether he's ready to start matches or not). Nordveidt can also play CB but he's been shite this season so he doesn't count.

EDIT: DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/822545406978560005

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 20, 2017

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

So that's two of the three relegation spots sorted then. Sunderland and Hull seem to have just given up entirely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Reading have brought in a few players and hell, I'm happy but would have liked a striker

Really hope Reece Oxford has been brought in for some actual game time rather than just to sit on the bench. He's one of the best young centre-backs around at the moment and all he needs now is some experience.

• Locked thread