Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

No they are a thing. My Mazda has them.

it only has one of them right? I dont get it why BMW has them on all 4 doors but mazda cheaps out and only puts them on one door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Seminal Flu posted:

I loving said that he never should have gone back. gently caress the cat.

This is one of the main reasons I didn't think he should go to work on the truck, because he was leaving his treatment program and potentially putting his state benefits at risk. You can't run away from addiction problems.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 19, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Well he certainly didn't stop drinking. it's not just one substance that is the problem it's all of them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
thats what you get for posting in d&d instead of c-spam :colbert:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
wow another one already? :laffo:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
What the gently caress

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
horror freight has the all steel low profile one on sale right now

2 7/8" to 19 3/4" lift range, $95

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Have you named your tapeworm yet?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Why exactly are you guys offering to give dave money? he needs to get his poo poo sorted out and giving him money to leave Seattle isn't actually going to solve anything.

This is the second time in the past few months that he's owned up (could be more) to doing questionable activities related to selling drugs.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 14, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hey dave why not hit up labor ready or something similar? better than working on cars for pennies

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

Getting up at 5 in the morning to go sit in an office for 3 hours loving blows. But once you build a reputation as reliable, they'll call you with the leftover jobs.

I did LaborWorks between college semesters, it was rarely interesting and usually dumb poo poo like helping some dipshit landlord destroy a sewer pipe "That totally isn't in use any more"

*shower water and turds slowly fill up the 30-gallon trashcan under the broken pipe*

I'm sure it is but working on cars all day for almost nothing, in bad weather isn't great either.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:-/

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dont vws of that era require a key with a chip to operate? i dont think you can hotwire one

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
why didnt you just catch a bus home?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
you think the motorcycle gang has time to and interest to track you down and steal your car...?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dont give him any money are guys serious?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
How many days sober are you

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 13, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BraveUlysses posted:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

everdave posted:

Dave my friend only some other people lost in the sauce gonna walk around 7 hours with you. If I could send you a thousand bucks and you'd be ok I would right now. I don't know the answer. I think we helped you get ok in Nebraska. What do we do guys?

You guys helped him drink pretty much every single day while he was there. He might not have done meth (who knows, really) but you absolutely enabled him.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

everdave posted:

Total brake failure is literally edging on impossible in a modern car even a lovely bug. Dave let the goon army help you.

BraveUlysses posted:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Good job, keep staying sober and even though it sucks consider taking the bus till you get your license restored

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i did that once, was going to take it back to costco to warranty it and dropped it 6", landed on the corner and cracked it off

paid full price for a new one

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
and never forget you can't simply leave substance/alcohol habit problems in one city just because you pick up and leave.

dave isn't interested in day labor jobs, i offered him cash for working in my yard weeks ago and he never took me up on it

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

However it's also been seen Dave being anywhere BUT Seattle is good for him. Getting the gently caress out of the place that destroys his soul - first step.

It was good in some ways but he was there for a temporary basis, on a mission thats far outside daily normal life (working, sticking to a schedule, ect) and even if he wasn't doing meth he wasn't sober.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Probable cause ++

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Why are you even spending time around other people who are doing drugs

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dopesick?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
So uh are you still sober?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
They do clean ups every few weeks and force everyone out

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BraveUlysses posted:

So uh are you still sober?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fo3 posted:

Comments; I think while things come to a head/crunch time, how about not heaping on criticism and neg comments?
If he was really out smoking meth why would he have sent the money from the tool sales to his parents? He wouldn't be trying to sell his honda and looking for food kitchens, he'd be already be doing crimes and poo poo.
Nice to be casually posting during your vacation threatening someone who probably doesn't even remember his last that doesn't include icy Nebraska. The mid west or whatever Nebraska is sure doesn;t seem a place that's good for someone wanting to get away from meth and get into a stable long lasting situation.

Mod challenges suck, kicking someone when they're down sucks.

Why is he down in the jungle? There is absolutely no reason for him to be down there.

Notice that he ignores the questions about sobriety? He gets squirrelly about it and that's a good tell that he's not staying sober

• Locked thread