Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Everyone saying it's been such a great year but while there's still a few series I haven't gotten around to watching, what I have seen has mostly felt mediocre. Passable. Nothing I'm going to run out and buy on blu-ray with perhaps one exception.

5. Tawawa on Monday - This is more an honourable mention than anything, in appreciation of all the pictures of blue office lady with baps.
4. Flying Witch - Nice show. Plenty relaxing.
3. Mob Psycho 100 - Sure, it was funny, but the humour built around the premise of an all powerful protaganist with a grounded attitude just invites too many comparisons to One Punch.
2. Tanaka-kun is Always Listless - This was a genuinely enjoyable show thanks to its cast of interesting characters used to good effect.
1. Ojisan to Marshmallow - This is it. The one series that I'm going to actually remember exists in a year or two. Almost as good as shorts from previous years like Tonari no Seki-kun or Wakakozake.

Maybe something else like Keijo!!!!!!! or Space Patrol Luluco will redeem this year but I haven't gotten around to them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

For some reason I thought Osomatsu was the one about the weirdly drawn lady going around to bars or something.

Are you saying you didn't watch Osomatsu because you thought it was Wakakozake?

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

darkgray posted:

Random Curiosity's yearly vote thing is done, and the results are here. Surprised Eupho s2 came in so low.

Even Kumamiko got more votes than Ojisan to Marshmallow :(

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

z0glin Warchief posted:

Smack between Flying Witch and Jojo seems like a good place to be, honestly.

It's where all the cool guys hang out.

Well, there and the beach of course.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

CrazySalamander posted:

I have found my twin, please recommend anime/manga to me.

If you like the following, we can be friends. If not, this whole “graphing similar tastes based on the ranking of a single year” thing is a sham!
  • Chihayafuru
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • His and Her Circumstances
  • Lovely Complex
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • My Love Story!!
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Patlabor
  • Planetes
  • Serial Experiments Lain
  • Tokyo Magnitude 8.0