Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Depends on what you mean by "actual evidence." Women talking about their bodies and experiences tends to be confined to anecdotes, because men and the institutions they control are dismissive or outright hostile to them. Until there's a court case or something you're not going to get much more than women saying "yeah that happened to me." Men can always reflexively say "no it didn't" so it just comes down to who you're more inclined to listen to.

I think your focus should be on the systemic abuse of doctors in the medical system due to their positions of power, rather than asserting a flashy point that you have no evidence for.

The first is galling and evidence based, past the shock value of 'doctors are raping patients!' you can follow up with the above posted articles and such, which were chilling.
The second is all hook and no substance, and instead of filling a reader with rightful outrage against a system that enables objectification and abuse of women just makes them question your honesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

stone cold posted:

You are the avatar of the patriarchy. You do realize you can make that first point without being so incredibly lovely to rape victims, right? Like literally as tiny bronco pointed out, you completely dismiss the rape allegations as having no substance because ???

I don't dismiss them? I'm sure that this little gem from Lightning Knight's post is true.

quote:

The doctor finished the procedure, then sent the nurse out of the room for bandages. He began wiping Dawn Marie’s knee; she assumed he was cleaning up the iodine. As he calmly asked the then-39-year-old singer about her work, he started dabbing her inner thighs. Her upper thighs. Her buttocks. When Dawn Marie felt his finger penetrate her vagina through her underwear, she froze. “I remember thinking: No, this cannot be.”

This horrible crime isn't alone, its part of a pattern of abuse by people put in positions of power and authority (doctors) and it needs to be stopped.
I'm not dismissing these victims.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 21, 2017

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
"Wow, the systemic abuses committed by doctors need to be stopped."

*is apologist and denier*

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

LeJackal is a rape fetishist who posted unspoilered rape accounts for his own sexual gratification.

We all know you touched yourself while reading those rape accounts, LeJackal. You aren't exactly new on the scene here.

I don't have a fetish about rape. Kind of a weird assumption to make about me. Its actually really creepy.

Shut the gently caress up and confine yourself to posting about things you aren't ignorant about.

You're pretty ignorant about my sexual proclivities, but its not like that stopped you.

stone cold posted:

He posted this unspoiled:

Its in the article, unspoiled. I'm sorry if that was offensive, but I found it a powerful call to action - particularly the followup about the systemic lack of consequence for these doctors.

Lightning Knight posted:

LeJackal is a known gimmick poster who likes to be contrarian and weird about poo poo, especially but not exclusively gun politics. Him waltzing into the feminism thread to tell TB, a woman, that she's silly and making things up, while me, a good upstanding man, gave good information, is preposterously patronizing. That what she was talking about is easily provable makes it even funnier.

I had no idea about your gender, but what I did know is that you posted excellent articles about pervasive unpunished sexual assault among doctors, and TB did not.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Prove me wrong by never posting about rape again! I'll be so mad, you'll really show me. And I'm sure it will be easy for you, since you hate rape and all.

Rape is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

To clarify a little further, LeJackal came into a women's space, and began victim blaming,

Yes, I totally said its the victim's fault for visiting a doctor. (I never did, this is sarcasm.)

No woman should have to worry about being raped by their doctor.

posting unspoilered accounts of sexual assault

That was a faux pas on my part.

and then arguing with and invalidating the women who called him on it.

A more correct, dare I say honest statement might read 'arguing with the women who called him a rapist'.
Does denying accusations of being a rapist count as invalidation?

That you saw her response as being more violent reflects your inner prejudices, and is something I'd also advise reflecting on.

I think that prejudice isn't required to see a distinction between the 'violence' of "is this really true?" versus "you're a rapist".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread