Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yes, I think the thing that sums up the horrors of hospital birth best is the existence of the "daddy stitch," where the doctor sews up the woman's vaginal opening smaller than it naturally would be, without consulting her, just so her partner can have the pleasure of ripping it open.

:stare:

This is so horrifying on so many levels. So what over here would be considered unprofessional, unethical and end up with the doctor facing multiple charges, losing his job and hopefully in prison, is actually a thing in the Land of the Free? This is disgusting!

If a doctor asked me to consent to this thing being done to my partner, I'd commit straight-up murder. I would just grab his dumb-rear end stereoscope and strangle that motherfucker. Seriously, I can not get over this, it's like something out of a horror movie.

To be honest, if SA hadn't made me numb and cynical to human assholery, I'd not believe this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

This post talks about sexual assault among doctors in some detail. Do not click the spoiler/links if you are sensitive to issues of sexual assault.

This is the psychotic country where doctors who actively rape and molest patients, nurses and other coworkers continue to practice unpunished because we don't have enough doctors to replace them if they were fired and punished. There was a big article about how fundamentally broken the doctor establishment is with regards to treatment of female patients and staff and how rampant and unreported and unaddressed sexual assault and harassment is and will continue to be because nobody cares.

Like, doctors carving their initials into patients while they were under anesthetic because they thought she was hot, or other such insanity, and still being allowed to practice afterwards with no meaningful punishment.

Edit:

http://doctors.ajc.com/doctors_sex_abuse/?ecmp=doctorssexabuse_microsite_nav

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/sexual-assault-by-doctors

:stare: What the gently caress?!! Those should all be in prison, how hosed up is your legal system that criminals can just go :lol: "There aren't enough people working in my profession, you can't convict me!"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yikes. And of course Japan is just the worst again.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Grognan posted:

LOL reading those articles, this is not a thing that happens in first world countries and you are still psychotically doing your clam tickle thing.

You are not very good at reading, then.

• Locked thread