Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

The Aztecs had a ballgame that was also a religious ritual - the winning team would be sacrificed to the gods. :v:

I thought it was the losing team who got sacrificed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You would think if the developers were going to give the player certain hero powers to begin with they would test to make sure those powers can't cheese the entire mission.

Using the snakes to get an early start to your base building is hardly a game breaking exploit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Melth posted:

I dunno. Zeus is a horrible husband, but Hera is just a horrible person in every way to everyone all the time. And I can't think of a single redeeming feature she has, whereas Zeus does show that when the chips are down he actually has the guts to face giant monsters like Typhon while all the other gods chicken out and run away. Or punish various wrongdoers and so forth.

Does she interact with anyone besides Paris that isn't someone Zeus has cheated on her with?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am sure that fire giants had some part to play in the creation of everything.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel like it would be good to have a couple missions that involve a more straightforward and bloody approach.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Melth posted:

Sorta according to the documentation, though it's not even too bright about that.

In good news, I've solved all the problems that stopped me making the next video, so I'm working on it now and should have it done on Sunday.

I think I can hear your game's ai screaming in terror from here.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Melth posted:

I dunno, I feel like trying to hum for 30 minutes while I play would only make it feel longer.

Just to check, the next map is a defend map right?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was a much better way to handle a defense map.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Melth posted:

Nobody spoil it for this fellow!

There are indeed campaigns in both of the expansions, so I will be playing both of those. Plus there's another bonus campaign called the Golden Gift. I'm still deciding on the order.

I hope you do it in order of release as I do want to see how you handle what was added in the first expansion.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

Huh, I don't remember this level existing. My memory goes "Kemsyt head reveal -> Finale" for some reason.

Considering what Melth did to that level it is an easy mistake to make.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SITB posted:

Wasn't the plot twist that Poseidon himself was helping Gargarensis (IIRC because Poseidon is the father of Gargarensis )?

I thought it was kinda neat that ultimately the game didn't slot Hades as the designated villain, even if it did fake the player mechanically during the early chapters.

It shows that they payed attention to Greek myths as Hades was always one of the nicer gods outside of that stuff with Persephone.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

HannibalBarca posted:

Sadly, no; it would be cool if he were a god for the Atlantis expansion pack civ.

Due to story reasons that wouldn't make much sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is working now.

• Locked thread