Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't think this is necessarily true at all. Racism would still be wrong even if the prejudices has some basis in fact.

Yeah, the idea that racism would suddenly be okay if there was some biological truth to it is one that gets held up from time to time and it's complete bullshit. Especially if you're looking at some ~biotruths~ from a long distant past. Even if tomorrow some horrifying racist bullshit turned out to be 100% true that wouldn't make it okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Das Boo posted:

All the action was shot super violently and made me flinch, but in a good way. I guess the opposite of The Croods wherein I just kept thinking, "they're being treated like cartoons, they can't die" as opposed to "motherfucker got shot in the back and sucked out the windshield of a jet, I think I just watched her die."

Yeah, I was honestly assuming she was just straight-up goddamn dead to the point I was genuinely surprised when Elastigirl was going after her.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

well there's no way it could replace animators wrt 2D animation

we just need 2D animation to be... popular again...
:negative:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely found Finding Dory more appealing than Finding Nemo but dad films don't do much for me while Dory's still hit home.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Ryan Reynolds as the green lantern being worn by deadpool from origins wolverine

I think you'll find that Deadpool canonically killed that Deadpool and also Ryan Reynolds.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I'm horrified just thinking about what they're going to do to Lilo and Stitch

I'm kind of torn on this, because while I don't want this to exist, one of the benefits of the live action films is that it actually forces them to cast people of color in roles that aren't CGI. Considering the easy success of the films I honestly actually do want to see Mulan/Lilo and Stitch/Aladdin existing because it means actors who normally wouldn't have the chance DO have the chance to headline a film that will probably gross a billion dollars. Even if on a personal level I'm like "poo poo, I don't want this."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

I have some bad news for you, friend.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/disney-aladdin-skin-darkening_us_5a54e36fe4b003133eccb275

Racism runs so deep Disney would rather hire white people with brownface than brown people.

WELP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Anyone else notice Kingpin's design drew from the goons in Triplets of Belleville? And I mean that in the best possible way.

He's based heavily on Bill Sienkiewicz's Kingpin ()

But they do a lot with his movement which reminded me of that.