Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Brother Bear 2 isn't real, by the way. It didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The humour in Storks was a bit too zany wacky woop woop for me, but I'll admit the wolves are pretty drat funny.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for it but I got maybe 10 minutes into Trolls before I had to turn it off because my brain literally could not cope with the noise and colour and absolute cringe of it. Dang.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drifter posted:

Did you watch the trailer, or did you just go in blind? I can't imagine you thinking the trailer was okay and then being put off by the actual movie.

I saw the trailer but I guess I just wasn't expecting eight different pop songs in the first 10 minutes? I think I'm just getting old, it was all too much for me. Grandma can't cope.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Das Boo posted:

So I've notice something odd with early Pixar: A staggered blink. One lid follows the other halfway through the motion. Noticed it in Toy Story and A Bug's Life. This a processing power thing?

It's extremely creepy, that's something I've never liked with Pixar along with the horrible way they render skin. Like squishy smooth pink sacs of.. liquid.. eugh

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shaocaholica posted:

photos of mostly bad movies

I'm extremely amused that they all have nice concept art pieces selected to represent the movies, except they couldn't muster even the effort for that for the forgettable trash heap that was Monsters Vs Aliens.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Wind Rises was so aggressively boring that sometimes I wake up in the night with a cold sweat because I had a nightmare that I was still in the cinema watching it

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unmature posted:

I made a video about what a dick John K is and one of the dickiest things he ever did: https://youtu.be/TCK-4S7EHbA

Love the vids, wish you got more views. Also John K is a turd.

e: ^^ bara scar

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hedrigall posted:

Interestingly OR NOT it's apparently 40 minutes longer than the animated one.

There's said to be 1 or 2 new songs but I'm not sure what else needs to be added to the running time

If they include Human Again, I'm out

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ok I'm rewatching the Human Again part and it's not actually bad, I think I'm getting confused with my feelings for Morning Report. I like the part where Beast is a dumb idiot who can't read.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well Human Again has sent me down the Disney song black hole again and I just want to say that Hercules is a rad movie with rad songs and it's all around great and the muses in particular are the tits. I love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0DMTlwLw4

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just got done watching Sing which I put on entirely to fall asleep watching or laugh at or roll my eyes at because Illumination but I ended up actually really enjoying it. gently caress. I need to go and think about what I've done.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Ha, both my British schools did houses. I was in the equivalent of Hufflepuff both times. :gbsmith: potato!

I also had houses in my schools, which I mentioned to American friends in an anecdote and they couldn't believe it was a real thing and not something made up by JK Rowling (she's a hack with no original ideas!!!). They were delighted and thought it was absolutely precious.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just watched All Dogs Go To Heaven because of the thread and legit actually cried a little, murdered dogs and murdered adorable little girls are my loving weakness.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hey grandma! Buy your grandkids this (not)Disney movie!

Itchy your leg dude what happened

Build-a-Boar fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 25, 2017

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
'In the deepest darkest highlands, where evil lurks'

So.. Glasgow?

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRRSfE-Z8g8

You're being very rude to fireman sam right now

It's Sam Tan, heathen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltiUTF6Yc8U

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Clumsy Card House posted:

Coco teaser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCz4mQzfEI

The end shot of the city looks promising.

Looks fun and colourful as hell. And wow, an animated xoloitzcuintli!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs2SrqLum1M

Captain Underpants Trailer aka ADULT VOICED KIDS

But drat I think this really looks great, read the books as a kid but have a vague reccolection of them, like didn't he have actual super powers? Looks charming anyway

As someone who has never heard of this book, everything about this frightens and confuses me. Nice animation though!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The dog is bald and that makes it real cute

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat, that Cartoon Network schedule is sad. I feel like it was a channel with a lot of variety and some really experimental stuff in the 90s, looks like everybody's just looking for their Spongebob now.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
American programme scheduling completely baffles me, particularly with cartoons. I enjoyed Gravity Falls but for some reason it kept randomly taking months-long breaks between new episodes and I very quickly just couldn't be hosed with it anymore. TV needs to get its poo poo in gear if it wants to compete with people making new content regularly on youtube. Except they can't compete with these channels turning out mega quick, mega cheap content. TV's hosed. I saw somewhere that the average age of a BBC1 (UK channel obv) viewer was 61. This is the BBC's prime channel.

Uh anyway this is kinda a TV discussion rather than movies. drat it's such a dry looking year for feature-length animation.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This is so completely unrelated to Swan Princess now. What absolute dreck. I bet it sells like hotcakes!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would do a top 10 list but I saw Wizards for the first time the other day and it blew my mind with its terrible, awful weirdness. I can't stop thinking about it. What the hell was it all about? Why did the wizard shoot the other wizard with a luger, why nazis, why elves, what the hell happened

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Maybe I'm crazy but all the people in this movie look like they were drawn from referencing people in Pinocchio (except above is just an example of someone who doesn't know how to draw)

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHimvUy7ZQk

Going through animated movies that look cheap and awful because I find them really funny. This one isn't TERRIBLE, just weird. The animation is.. okay, but several times the camera doesn't change until a second or two after the characters are done with their animations so they just.. stop, it's so weird.

There's also this part of the movie which is so bizarre and out of nowhere:

The whole movie is bright and colourful and everything's cartoony with big eyes, and then suddenly there's a scene with these disturbing Dali stilt elephants, for no reason at all. The character isn't dreaming, nothing weird's going on. Just.. disturbing elephants for a few seconds. I really like them because they're so weird and actually made me feel a bit uncomfortable. They're animated like nothing else in the movie either.

Oh, also, the dance party at the end of the movie is to 'Never Gonna Give You Up'.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A Frozen sequel is going to be the easiest thing to write because there's already a wealth of storylines out there for it, such as Elsa goes to see the dentist, Elsa needs her zombie baby cured, Elsa needs foot/hand surgery, Elsa has alopecia and needs someone to pick bugs out of her head etc etc

To add to the Kingdom Hearts chat - play the first one (the PS2 one), and then pretend no others exist because it isn't worth it. Do not 100% the game. Do not unlock or watch the extra cinematic. If you see anybody wearing a hooded trench coat, turn the game off immediately. Nothing beyond the 'Disney' stuff matters or is of any value whatsoever. Fight cute shadow monsters in realtime with a large key and summon Simba or Bambi or Genie and just have a grand time because it's all very cute.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Macaluso posted:

General are u ok

Where's the giant, Mansley?!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Who the gently caress mentioned there's an art book for over the garden wall, I'll kill you, you just cost me 50 quid

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The only way I can sleep at night is to tell myself that the scene where a giant mech pulls a giant bowie knife was written entirely for comedy, and nobody seriously wrote that thinking it would be good and cool.

To add to the Over the Garden Wall art book I've bought, I noticed they finally put the drat thing on Blu-ray! I have no idea if there's any special features because the Amazon listing is bare bones.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Manic pixie dream emoji

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, the McElroy brothers are going to be in it.

What? Is this a goof? Why would they be in it?

"Abra-ca-gently caress YOU!" - magic twink troll

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oh, god. I'm on board.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GrandpaPants posted:

If anyone is in the SF Bay Area or thereabouts, I'd really recommend the Walt Disney Family Museum's exhibit of Eyvind Earle art. Holy poo poo is that stuff gorgeous in person. I'm still gawking at it and I'm at home.

Edit: Here are some galleries of his work. While his relevance to this thread is his work on Sleeping Beauty, just LOOK AT IT:

http://www.paragonfineart.com/artists/eyvind-earle.html
http://www.eyvindearle.com/products.aspx?type=serigraph

Ohh my god that's some stunning art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

awgh gently caress