Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"The Emoji Movie is almost as bad and brutally depressing as everything else in 2017."

"Lacks humor, wit, ideas, visual style, compelling performances, a point of view or any other distinguishing characteristic that would make it anything but a complete waste of your time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Hopefully now we'll be spared from the Dank Meme Movie in 2021.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Or like, fuckin, the Youtube Movie.

What if your videos were alive! "Oh I wanna be the most viewed video, that's my dream. Oh look there go the popular kids" (a group of cute cat videos go past)

(Ambulance sirens) "What's going on?" "That video over there is going viral! Quick quarantine him!!"

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The Emoji Movie: not only is it so terrible that it's ok to be on your phone through the whole movie, you'll probably get the full experience of the movie by doing that anyway!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

The super articulated Revoltech Zootopia figures you wanted are finally being made.

Nick is a real articulate fella

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Batmen am i right??

Batmen are from mars, catwomen are from venus

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LeJackal posted:

Who keeps giving you that terrible AV?

One particular jokester in GBS :\

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I want those and also a Lionheart and a dancing and/or cop tiger figure :3

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Pixar week 5: Nemo, no short films

• I've been putting this one off for over a week because I've seen it so many times that I thought it would be boring... but honestly, it's still really fun.

• Also, I didn't see it at the cinemas, only ever on DVD, and now I'm watching for the first time in HD and wow it looks amazing!

• Nemo's mum is the first death in a Pixar film, right?

• I suffer from anxiety which has been pretty bad lately, but cartoons help! Anyway I actually think Marlin could be read as a character with anxiety, which really adds to the theme of "every character has a disability" that they explore more in Finding Dory. I dunno. I just find Marlin really relatable :kiddo:

• I also really relate to the "I'm obnoxious!" fish in Nemo's school :v:

• I'm not sure if Australia's strict biosecurity laws would have allowed the dentist to capture that fish and import it.

• No more trademark Hedrigall quips about the rest of the movie. I just chilled out and enjoyed this one.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Martytoof posted:

Just kidding I have like eight ways to watch Zootopia so I'll survive.

Zootopia is on loop 24/7 on the back of my eyelids so I'm good

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Waffleman_ posted:

I have still not seen Zootopia.

It's ok. Once, I wasn't born yet.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Waffleman_ posted:

And this is the exact reason why.

:allears:

People like thing so I refuse thing!!!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Imagine a world where you could just decide to check out and possibly enjoy a thing without caring who else likes it or how much, and also imagine a world where if you decided not to watch a thing you didn't feel the need to tell people that in desperate hope to seem different and show how much you don't like when other people enjoy a thing

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
H-hey guys, apropos of nothing I just want to tell you that I still haven't seen zootopia, just wanted to keep you updated on how cool I am, I really go against the grain :c00lbert:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
A happy solution would be you either watching or not watching Zootopia, your choice, but never telling us whether you did or not

You wouldn't feel compelled to have an opinion one way or another, and you'd save us from reading about it. It'd be the best outcome.

It'd be like... Schroedinger's viewer

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My local cinema is doing a Ghibli festival at the end of this month and I'm taking my bf to Spirited Away :3:

Wanna see at least one or two others. What's better, especially on the big screen, Nausicaa or Laputa?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

starkebn posted:

Are you in Brisbane out some other Australian city? If Brisbane which cinema is it?

Nah, Canberra. But it's a Dendy thing and I think there's a Dendy in Brisbane so check if they're doing it there too :)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The best outcome would be for you to stop being a creeplord constantly implying that you want to gently caress cartoon animals from a childrens' movies, but that is never going to happen.

I'd make a witty pun involving schrodingers cat, but you probably want to gently caress the cat.

Citation needed

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Jurassic Park has Mr DNA

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Pick posted:

please do not find this attractive

They look like Rock and Rule characters

Tbh the lovely awful terrible Tank Girl movie is my guilty pleasure. I love all the animated segments, and that Let's Fall In Love sequence.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The pinnacle of animated music videos is Stylophonic's Way Of Life and I won't hear anything different :colbert:

https://youtu.be/RVRDWDU3jMc

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 11, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Martytoof posted:

I didn't forget but I wasn't going to be the one to start another four page furry derail :unsmith:

Oh I thought this was the furry thread that occasionally details into talking about animated movies that only feature humans

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
When did this thread become PYF?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What else will I like if I loved Over the Garden Wall?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

Gravity Falls if you've never watched that? OtGW is pretty unique, honestly.

I keep hearing about this, how it has X-Files-level depth of in-show mythology. If so that would be right up my alley! The art style annoys me though.

Also was the Ducktales premiere any good? :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

plainswalker75 posted:

We just finished watching and while I was a little put off by the animation initially, the show is so funny it more than makes up for it! I'm excited to see more episodes, hopefully they release it on a more regular schedule than Gravity Falls.

That's awesome to hear. The humour in the trailers alone has me so pumped, and I even love the new animation style.

There's now a break before the rest of the season airs right? I think I remember looking it up and the series proper starts when I'm in japan. Oh well, something to look forward to for when I get back home :)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh man I hope Disney's streaming thing is available outside the US (it won't be :sigh:)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Watched the premiere and loved it. Can't wait for the full series.

Did anyone catch the Goofy Movie character cameo?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Revolt-ecch!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LeJackal posted:

No Nick figurine? Hard pass.

Same but (insert any feline character)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

starkebn posted:

It has to do with American not bothering to occasionally rise above that. I guess Kubo comes close if you count it, but when was the last American Ernest & Celestine / The Illusionist / Red Turtle / Ghibli-like movie / Book of Kells / Song of the Sea / etc?

Over the Garden Wall, Rango, Fantastic Mr Fox?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Look, GonSmithe, okay, I get it.

Can I just ask, honestly and kind of upset and looking for an honest conversation about this: is saying that I'd like an action figure of a character in a movie I like really ban-worthy?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Thanks everyone for the movie recommendations and discussions over the years. This thread has helped me broaden my horizons. I've discovered some great older toons and foreign animation here.

Lots to look forward to as well: Spirited Away on the big screen with my bf tonight; Ghibli museum in Tokyo in only a few weeks; continuing my Pixar watch-through up until Coco this December; and cool looking new movies and sequels in the coming years.

Maybe I'll catch some of you in other subforums here, or elsewhere on the net. The friends I've made here, chat to you in the other places soon :)

Unmature keep up your thing, I'm still supporting you on Patreon!

Peace out.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What's this thread been up to since I le-- oh.

In real talk, has anyone heard from Certified Good Poster Unmature? His YouTube channel went pretty silent after his move to CA.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Pick posted:

Wahhhh a thing happened, nothing else like it can ever happen again or I’ll whine on my blog

Now that I’m gone you’re the consistently worst poster in this thread :laugh:

oh poo poo whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Looks good