Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

starkebn posted:

um, so being naive I thought the new BotB might have been a retelling of the story or something but it looks like a purely "I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! YOU KEEP HITTING HOME RUNS DISNEY!" movie. An almost shot for shot remake basically, pathetic.

Sounds almost like what the new Star Wars was. Disney sure knows its fans...the rabid nostalgtards.

...and the furries, too, I guess. I don't want to exclude Hedrigall. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Wow, that French version from 2014 actually looks A LOT more visually interesting.

And since it's French, they probably show Belle getting catdicked like straight on - so it's, you know, good for that crowd, too. :catstare:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 3, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Zootopia 2: Further Down The Rabbit Hole

God dammit, don't do that, hedry.

Don't play out your sick sexual fantasies here. :mad:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I really don't like this song.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

Well they're both biting off Wonder Woman's thing anyway.

Don't the Wonder Twins turn into, like, buckets of water and dinosaurs? That's nothing like Wonder Woman.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Eh, I'm happy to go to movies by myself but a theatre production is another thing... idk, maybe my mum will want to see it :v:

Aladdin's my favorite disney cartoon. :allears:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

dirksteadfast posted:

I saw the Frozen live show at Disneyland Resort yesterday. The mother character was played by a black actress and Anna was either black or half-black. The show itself was pretty dire* apart from all the fancy tech toys they were showing off, but it was really refreshing to get to see a major character given that level of color-blindness. Hopefully this crosses over into animation and we get more projects with diverse casts that aren't reliant on being about a specific culture. (Not that Disney is doing a bad job with those or anything)

*I was likely not the target audience, as 75% of the adult women in the audience cheered enthusiastically when "Let It Go" started.

I don't get it, what made the show dire? You just say it wasn't for you because people cheered when they sang a song?

:psyduck:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, because "Princess Movie" doesn't mean the same thing now as it did then, and they're also not just doing it with movies involving princesses.

"Most Disney princesses wear a ring. This Princess dominates one."

- Punch -
coming 2019

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

:neckbeard:

Ooh ooh ooh, what animal sidekick does she have? :3:

I was picturing her riding her bike to the gym with a goldfish in a bowl strapped to the seat because she always stands while pedaling. Beachcomber had it right - Betta Fish could work even more beautifully.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 14, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aces High posted:

so we're making an animated version of Million Dollar Baby?

No. There's no assisted suicide at the end of this one.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

teagone posted:

Had some time to burn in between renders and put this together real quick because I loving love that tagline. Re-worked it slightly though, and made a change to the title as per Waffleman's suggestion. I laughed.

Oh, that looks fantastic. :allears:
Even the tagline text looks great.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

Does Disney already have any mixed race princesses? If not, I think Punched should feature the first!

Cuban/Ethiopian

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

But now I'm wondering why Zootopia didn't have a documentary on the source culture for that film :raise:

:allbuttons:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

If he's such a coconut crab why does he behave like a decorator crab :colbert:

Congratulations, Pick. You just assumed that crab's culture.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fangz posted:

Wait so where is Nick?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

I thought it was nice sharing our own art times for thread :smith:

It all fun and games until someone posts a 'taur

That's just where the rabbit hole takes you. Don't blame water for being wet.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

I did the image of Tamatoa to illustrate comments I had made about his animation and design earlier and I think that is perfectly within the spirit of the thread.

You're too good for this thread, Pick.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Magnus Condomus posted:

It still amazes me that How To Train Your Dragon 2 cost like 20 million less than the first one.

They just didn't pay for any writers.

No, I just don't remember anything abuot HTTYD 2 except it had a pirate, and dragons fighting over which one would be Alpha or some bullshit, and also the kid's mom came back after abandoning him. Oh, and the dad doing his thing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Alright I've never seen Trollhunters, but that brown monster in the middle is adorable.
Teagone, is the cute brown monster a main character or at the very least does he or she appear in most episodes? If they do, I kind of want to watch Trollhunters now. The blue guy with the sword is also cool.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

He's part of the main cast and has shown up in every episode I've seen, although I'm only up to four.

the entire series, give or take.

It's a fun show of the saturday morning cartoon variety. It's pretty all right.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

This hurts me more than it hurts you

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - :discourse:

Somebody quick draw Disney's Beauty and the Bee-st.

Starring Barry B. Benson as the Bee(st).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I like yours. :3:

I was figuring soemthing like this.

edit: sorry, needed to add the subtitle.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 21, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

That's actually cool and I hope it's true

Makes a ton more sense than the "Jasmine is the first transgender Disney princess!" theory

??? :crossarms:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

"But I swear, you post one fox..."

Also, lol that page. haha.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone did an article about it an actually asked the director and his answer was that he thinks udders are funny and he didn't put any more thought into it:

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-9100046.html

... but a whole bunch of people at the studio must have said something. I can't believe that Oedekerk made that decision on the fly and everyone else just accepted it without comment. On the other hand if there really was a 'controversy' like this article claims then I can see Oedekerk deflecting further questions by saying "We did it for the lulz, idk???" rather than explaining his actual decision process.

I can guarantee that pretty much nobody outside of cow scientists and tumblr gives any two shits about cartoon funny cows having udders on the boy version. it's certainly not a sticking point. Ask any six year old kid to draw a cow and it'll include udders, since a cow without udders is basically just a fat horse.

I love Death of the Author and if someone can glean meaning from a work that better resonates with their life then fantastic, but that's Jasmine-is-a-transgender-person levels of Breitbart News tinfoillery.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 21, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Timeless Appeal posted:

Honestly, Cow and Chicken's edgyness seems a bit quaint when Steven Universe just has openly gay characters.

The Gromble from Aaaaah! Real Monsters cartoon (from the 90's) was a transvestite, and that's even more of a fringe group than being gay.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Waffleman_ posted:

Nine Vagánias.

Imagine.

John K's attempt at updating 101 Dalmations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Hold on got to rewatch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nH6ya5g2-s

Yea, that's the good stuff.

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

those are the guys most highly motivated to succeed cause how else you gonna get spank material when you're into, like, pregnant airplanes

Thank God Pixar never released the pre-preproduction artwork for Cars 2 and Planes.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

So along this line of discussion, I have the house to myself for the next three nights, then the following 9 days off work. Let the animated film binge begin! :shepface:

(At least until zelda comes out)

You already have a list of things to watch, right?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Glad you asked! I won't get through all of these, probably 1-2 a day alongside other stuff.

Never seen:
An Extremely Goofy Movie
The Great Mouse Detective
The Rescuers
Oliver and Company
The Aristocats
Norm of the North :getin:
An American Tail
Anastasia
The Secret of Nimh
Balto
My Neighbour Totoro
Laputa
Nausicaa

When I was a wee youngin' I had a huge crush on Anastasia even though I had never seen the movie. I kept a cutout of a splash page that had a profile portrait of her from a newspaper because I thought the character was so pretty. Too young to do the nasty bits, just thought she looked super pretty.

Anyway, put Cats Don't Dance on the list.
You also need to put The Rabbi's Cat and Ernest & Celestine on your list. They're so good. It's criminal how overlooked they are.
Have you seen Trolls? Give it a watch, it's quite unique looking, and fun to boot.
You should throw Rango and Monster House on that list, both of them - well, Rango is fantastic and MH is surprisingly fun - are good.
I also don't know why you don't have All Dogs Go To Heaven or The Road To Eldorado on your list. :mad:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 22, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
These casual mentions of Titan AE made me remember how much I liked Treasure Planet. What a good movie. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9AWegauJM

plus, the captain cat lady is hot af.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ahh, this is great, it's like every old school gag ever.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Jolly good show! Xtr33m Goofy Movie next

Hedrigall posted:

Oh welcome back Drifter, now don't do it again!

Haha, we all know it was a bullshit thing and a petty action by gonsmith, but I'll take one for the team/you since it's an entirely fair request. Back to posting beecrabs, I guess.

Promise tomorrow that you'll watch Ernest & Celestine. It's such an endearing and fun movie. I really think you'll love it.

On that note, I just remembered The Cat Returns - which is a fantastic Ghibli movie that felt a little more fairytale than something like Totoro or even Spirited Away. I won't rank it because I'm not sure where it'd place - and I think Whispers of the Heart beats it out in general, but there's less talking animals in that one. :shrug:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Feb 23, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The_Doctor posted:

Huh? I just speeded through the entire film on Youtube and couldn't see that.

You're watching the sequel, right?

A Goofy Movie
An Extremely Goofy Movie

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, XTreem Goofy

Hedrigall's probably into half a bucket's worth of sangria and 2 bags of Ferrero Rochers and is unintentionally trolling us.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Larryb posted:

I'm not sure if Goofy ever had a tail to be honest, even back in the early days.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Das Boo posted:

I went to an art school and while we didn't have frats/sororities, the animation students hated the DFV students hated the fashion students and back 'round again. I know the animation group was hated for being too boisterous and familiar. I was delighted to take a fashion course as an animation student and obliterate those cold-rear end fashion kids.
(I work in fashion. :v:)

DFV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

Also that she always treats him like a man, and holds him responsible as such. She never lets his being a beast be an excuse, because she does not see him as a beast.

Is your a/v from Ferngully? :lol: