Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'd give it to Smallfoot but that's no surprise.

I'm not super keen on the non-main yetis, aside from the Stonekeeper design, but aside from that it's a visual treat, story's good, songs are good, theme is good, good movie. The animation itself is off the chain, too, reminds me of the good aspects of Hotel Transylvania (artistically).

What really struck me is actually the use of lighting in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Trolls is better, but then again I contend that Trolls is loving top-tier for the last decade and it's probably in my top 20 films ever. Probably going to be hard for it to bump off Network but I think it's stellar.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Felidae. It's really good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

All this noir cat talk made me remember "The Cat Piano": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4RBmU-PIo

Don't forget Garfield short, Diana's Piano! click

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh gently caress you for posting this, now I'm crying in the middle of the day over a Garfield cartoon.

I have poo poo to do today Pick! I don't have time for all these bittersweet cat emotions I'm now feeling! :cry:

I always think I'm going to make it but I cry at that drat cat cartoon every freakin time!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

I cried the first time I saw that when I was 12 and now I'm doing it again at 30. I loving KNEW BETTER.

Every drat time, I don't know how it does it! :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I thought animation was dead but it turns out NEO YOKIO IS COMING BACK

I have no idea why they'd do this!! But I'm so loving jazzed!!!!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You can see it more easily in the early concept work.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh my god I needed that laugh. Holy poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Corrosion posted:

They could always get whatever that tech was that Andy Serkis used for Mowgli.

I wanted that movie to be good, but it most certainly is not good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1072672974640214018

Can someone make a version of that gif where Danny Devito shakes his head no but at like 10x speed

I don't care about sonic at all and i am laughing my rear end off

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It gave Bruce Boxleitner a job so I like it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I also hate chili dogs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I hate superhero movies and I hate Spider-Man in particular.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse should be an easy grab for the Oscar and is one of the most visually impressive films of all time. It's extremely good across the board, it's exceptional. It's unbelievable how good it is.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

I genuinely enjoyed the meme in the Spiderverse stinger.

Extremely same.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
im unbelievably horny for how well spiderverse integrated the power of animation into its storytelling. if i had balls they'd be in a complete flurry.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

That CGI monkey has gotta be pulling in mad residuals from the pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He wanted to extremely bang Jasmine, a woman

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A whole new monkey
dont you dare close your eyes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vape queen posted:

McCreach is an underrated Disney villain :colbert:

Agreed. He's one of my favorites, actually. He's very credible and balances humor and terror perfectly, as well as having cool moments but being in no way admirable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Cinderella remake is super good, way better than the original. This from someone who loving hates the remakes, even the ones people liked like Jungle Book which was hot loving garbage that belongs in the trash can.

The BatB remake is blood-shittingly awful.