Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I think Kubo bombed because the general populous didn't care about it. Have any of the Laika films been commercial hits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

dirksteadfast posted:

To be clear, I was perfectly fine with Frozen the film and wanted this to be as good as their Aladdin stage show. But aside from a fancy projector system for a few cool effects the show itself seemed really thrown together and felt really clumsy in terms of stage direction (I'm not an expert, sure, but it's what I observed). Lines that worked in the movie were brought over word for word for the show and did not work nearly as well due to the lack of a camera to edit and cut and move. But the audience made it clear there was a rabid fan base for all things Frozen regardless of quality. If they genuinely enjoyed it, good for them, but taking Frozen to Broadway I hope there's more polish brought to everything.

I recently saw the Frozen musical aboard the Disney cruise line which from your description sounds identical, even the color blind casting which was very unexpected but interesting. I also share your feelings exactly, went into it really excited but overall it feels like it's been hastily put together which is a bummer.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Any LAIKA updates?

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

In real talk, has anyone heard from Certified Good Poster Unmature? His YouTube channel went pretty silent after his move to CA.
He’s been showing up pretty regularly on the Lasertime podcast networks shows.