Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I guess that explains why his Batman take was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I was just suddenly reminded that Rise of the Guardians was a movie that happened and I was curious what people thought of it.

It was a very pretty movie with very little substance that jumped from set piece to set piece and never took time to slow down for emotional development because I guess they were gonna do that in the sequel.

The Jack drowning scene was good. But as someone who didn't read the book, the whole moon thing was random as hell.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Act 3 animation is having a back and forth right now for revisions. Looking at Q3 2019 at the moment?

Jhonen is sweet. I once interrupted his meeting to tell him there was a rainbow outside and we all immediately went up to the roof to see it. He also smiles at every dog he sees.

A good fellow.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

CelticPredator posted:

Das Boo is living my dream. :allears:

Edit is Eric Truehart involves at all? Or is he just focusing on the comics?

He's doing the comics but I'm told he's a solid dude. Aaron Alexovich was on though, and he is a dear, sweet man with a dear, sweet wife.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah, Jhonen Vasquez is a really good dude by all appearances, which was half the point of my post- you really wouldn't think the loving Johnny the Homicidal Maniac guy would be one of the best people there. Not only is he that, but a huge proportion of the people behind their much safer shows are staggeringly awful.

Righto. I wasn't contending, just confirming. :)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Is it the Blue Lady.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
But how will Scar be gay-coded lion???!?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I've seen some wild rocks. Makoshika, Black Hills, Kathmandu, Phuket... Lotta good rocks.

Ain't nothing in the play book say a rock can't be sheer and jagged. Or that morning clouds can't be amazing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm working on the tie-in show for a movie coming out next year and we've got Minionesque characters and I'm mad as hell. I blame Minions and their loving success for my suffering.

A POX. A POX.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Stephen Hillenburg died today. Work is going to be weird.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I never got to know him, but Mary Harrington stopped by at lunch to chat (I seem to be very good at acting like I don't know who people are!) and talked about him a bit. She said he was shy and mild and she had to really push him to pitch a show back when he was working on Rocko. She seemed to think very highly of him, and I can't say I've ever heard a bad word about the guy.

Also ALS is my number one death fear.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Monsters vs. Star Wars Aliens

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
But Oscar voters don't have time for that cheap Chinese crap!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Oh yeah, the whole thing breaks down in the first movie when you ask yourself if every game has its own Ralph.

Which sounds like a better premise for this movie, really.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I cried the first time I saw that when I was 12 and now I'm doing it again at 30. I loving KNEW BETTER.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Someone adapt Grinch Night and make it about how the Grinch's dad worked too hard and never had time to take him trick or treating so see, it's not actually his fault he's got a nightmare wagon.

Or hell, just pay me now.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I may not know art, but I know what's an abomination.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The last time someone got mad about me not liking Sonic, I was 8

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

RBA Starblade posted:

They should embrace what the franchise is for the fans instead.

John Waters' Sonic the Hedgehog

Cop: I used to believe in something, Sonic. What do you believe?
Sonic: KILL EVERYONE NOW.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Anyone else notice Kingpin's design drew from the goons in Triplets of Belleville? And I mean that in the best possible way.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I can't tell beautiful people apart. I spent that Milla Jovovich movie about face blindness trying to figure out if and when they had switched out the dude who played her husband again. They were all handsome, brunette white dudes, how the gently caress should I know.

I hope Iago is Danny Devito.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I haven't wanted to make a new thread for two years, somebody else do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Animation Thread 2019: "Thanks, I hate it!"