Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Fangz posted:

Show her Wolf Children?

No doubt she'd really enjoy it. She always says her greatest joy in life is her children, so she'd connect in a big way.
Even with the werewolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Unmature posted:

None of you can think of ANYTHING that happened this week that would make it weird to be reading about a misogynist?

EDIT: Oh, not that he did. All he does not is argue on Twitter, make awful Simpsons couch gags, and steal Kickstarter money.

The way it was phrased made it sound like he, directly, did a thing. Which, hey, it's John K. Who'd be surprised by another lovely thing from him?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Phylodox posted:

That is clearly either a scarf or leg warmers.

If it bites its own tail it becomes an infinity scarf.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Unmature posted:

Kiki's Delivery Service is the best Miyazaki movie this is a fact.

FAKEEDIT:
Am I the only one who struggles with their love of The Wind Rises since it could be taken as "Japan did nothing bad in WWII we were just being artists"?

Huh, I took it a little differently. I thought Jiro had a love of flight craft and was immersed in their beauty, movement and function. He seemed bothered with the knowledge that his art was being used for war. His dreams of idyllic blue skies and fluffy clouds kept giving way to fire, smoke and iron crosses. I'd say he struggled with it, too.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Also wound up watching the channel. I was really impressed with the quality, as most channels I catch early have shaky mic/editing/scripting issues. You done this before?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
You naturally-talented rear end in a top hat. Keep it up! :argh:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I really like Maui's character design. I love the blockiness of it, how his face kinda looks like a pug and how his hair is better than Moana's. Just really strong stuff there, excellently reinforced and balanced. I wish, I wish animation would take more risks like that with protagonists, where the design isn't a beautiful human on its own merit but the charisma makes it charming as all gently caress. We usually only get that with villains. Which is why Ursula and Hades are infinitely more fun to watch than their protagonist counterparts.
I can at least appreciate it when I can find imperfections in the main character's design, like Coraline's crooked nose and Norman's baggy eyes. I also like that Rapunzel has really prominent front teeth. Just ever so slightly buck. :3:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Boxman posted:

("That's the beauty of it, it doesn't do anything!")

This bothers me so loving much.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hedrigall posted:

I Won't Say I'm In Love was a total :aaaaa: moment for me when I rewatched the movie last year, the first time since it had been in cinemas. I simply had no idea that song was so good! It honestly elevates the movie, which I had written off for a lesser Renaissance effort for ages.

Edit: Sorry for all the double posting! When this thread is moving I don't get any work done, I :justpost:

I watched it with my sister the other week and she sheepishly told me this was her favorite song and that she felt silly about liking the love song so much. I reassured her by saying I think it's the best song in the movie and, to my knowledge, is widely regarded as such.
She felt better. :3:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm also watching An American in Paris for the first time and right there's where Linguini was gonna throw Remy into the water, fog n' all. :stare:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Meg and Kuzco are the best Disney princesses, bar none.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Wow, this puts a different spin on Horton's expression.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Drifter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U496dSv2k_g

I really think the original movie looks better. It just has so much more soul

'Kay, I just got around to watching this and I just want to flip a goddamn table over this weird loving trend where the female lead is apparently a FF: Spirits Within model and can't emote because wrinkles are ugly and women have to be PREEEEETTYYYAAAUGH.
THE CARTOON IS OUTPERFORMING YOU, WOMAN. :fuckoff:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I had Emily slippers.

Evidently a grave insult to my dogs.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I would just like to leave this Samurai Jack trailer here because it's concept art animated. :syoon:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Nah, I just mean I'm impressed with the lack of compromise in the transference from concept to execution. Only other example I can really think of is Book of Life, which I did not enjoy. :(

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I wonder if trolls taste like citrus fruits.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I love for them to take the Grand Budapest approach: Everyone has whatever accent for no real reason just roll with it, son.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So I just watched Finding Dory on Netflix and holy loving hell, that was a lot of chase scenes. Didn't get a drat slow down and talk moment until an hour in.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxPY3PdnmrY

Here's the video of the Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Zootopia mission made by the Disney Infinity team.

Holy poo poo, it is 1997 and I am impressed with voice acting on my PS1. :stare:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I thought Pick was referring to what we were discussing earlier, with Disney's CG library not having the design range of its 2D library. Or even Pixar. Which I entirely agree with, so maybe that's why I interpreted it like that.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I dunno, Pixar seems to have a better range of style than Disney. You can pick on a sense of underlying aesthetic with a lot of their films (not all!)

For example, The Incredibles has obvious industrial design overtones (am I thinking of de stijl or futurism?)with a sleek, angular design to its world and characters. The furniture and architecture is 60's minimalist and it's pretty well reflected in the extreme shapes of its characters.

Even the traditionally feminine figure eight form is stretched to its limit and punctuated with with straight, sharp lines. All the major female characters have a sharp and distorted shape to them, even with Mrs. Incredible who's the most rounded. Helen's forearms and calves are exaggeratedly pinched, same even goes for her hair.

Compare that to something very organic like Brave, wherein the character design embraces natural curves and textures in correspondence to the wilderness around it.

These characters would look extraordinarily out of place in The Incredibles and vice versa because one emphasizes exacting shape and simplicity, the other is all about loose, organic design and texture.

And I was trying to use mostly feminine examples since they tend to get samey for "must be pretty" reasons, but I wanted to point out a thing in Up. Ellie's cardinal shape is a circle, so it doesn't quite illustrate the point as well.

Carl is just such a softened square. Look at the edges on those ears! It's not harsh enough for The Incredible's aesthetic, but not organic enough for Brave. His ears always amused the hell out of me, though, they're such clunkers.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm not really disappointed, I just really admire when animation can create something thoroughly unique. My all time favorite animated sequence is the creation story segment in Watership Down. :allears:
It's just if and when it happens, I'm super jazzed about it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ImpAtom posted:

Disney had all 5 of the top 5 grossing movies last year. I imagine their response to that is 'lol, why?'

See, that's something I really admired about Walt Disney- He risked financial loss to push innovative artforms. It's a pity Disney Corp can't be arsed to do that with billions behind them.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Her name is Princess "Royal Rumble" Rodriguez.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Well Barrytoa hasn't always been this glam.
I was a drab little bug once!
But then I went and boned a giantess human
Because she's beautiful, honey!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Tempted to stick him in the OP after the dance party quote. Really give new initiates the what for.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah, teach them to come inta our thread!

We are a territorial lot and we piss on everything. :argh:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Ccs posted:

This is again because Pixar usually picks a different designer for each movie. Whereas Disney has the much of the same people (Jin Kim, and before him Glenn Keane) doing the final animation-ready designs. So their drawings get translated to 3d and the movies look very similar to each other.

If you were a designer with years of feature experience you could probably pick out a ton of differences between each movie based on what the main artist decided to change about their style to fit the movie, but for those of us without that developed an eye, they look the same.

Eh, I'm not exactly a layperson but you're right that I don't have years of feature experience. Any designer will be able to discern the the unique qualities and flaws and magnify them tenfold, but at the end of the day you're dealing with a near boundless medium and there's no real reason it should take a professional to tell the difference between your projects when you have that kind of breadth. But as for designers being translated, Nico Marlet's designs communicate with their sources and surroundings very nicely and while not an entirely different ballpark, they wouldn't jive in each other's worlds. (BEES IN KUNG FU PANDA THEY ARE ALL BEES.)

My criticism of the Disney catalogue is that the characters themselves are often cohesive enough to drop the model in a different movie. I mean hell, Rapunzel and Flynn walked into Frozen, no prob. It's just cool when someone pushes the boundaries on the medium least restricted by them.

Golly, I hate phone typing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Haha, holy poo poo! That's cool as hell.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Thread???

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I don't know how much spill-over we have between this thread and the WHM thread, but I'll leave this here for anyone who wants to hear four grown men disdainfully review Bee Movie.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Everybody who's ever worked with this guy has said he's a complete rear end in a top hat, but I KNOW BETTER AND YOU ARE TOTES BETA, CUCKMAN."

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Huh, took us less than 50 pages to Cronenberg the thread this time.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Pixeltendo posted:

This thread is going to be the reason a Bee Movie 2 will exist

Vanessa inherits an estate from her mad scientist uncle, but she stumbles across his secret laboratory filled with all sorts of wacky devices! (What's the deal with all these beeakers?) But when she ventures to try her uncle's teleporter, Barry can only see the opportunity for romance and slips in with her! Can Barry and Vanessa handle how close they're about to get?!

You won't beelieve what happens!

And maybe there's a love triangle with a lab crab (?) named Claus C. Clausnitzer and he gets in on the action.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Drifter posted:

^^^ - :discourse:

Somebody quick draw Disney's Beauty and the Bee-st.

Starring Barry B. Benson as the Bee(st).

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Hand in cleavage, send help.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ImpAtom posted:

A quick reminder of a film I bet most people don't even remember exists:

Didn't this come out during a weird spurt where there were a bunch of animated movies about shrinking people?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm just reminded of 90's cartoons and how far people went without asking questions. Particularly Cow & Chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I, for one, appreciate that we live in a world that would greenlight a show about cow and chicken siblings who live with their below-the-torso human parents and are antagonized by Satan.